Thread: Corporations against Marijuana

rudy2010 is offline Banned

Corporations against Marijuana

I am hoping folks can use this thread to point to corporations who are contributing to the "war on marijuana".

Last year a friend mentioned that he heard Snapple was donating to CAMP who use helicopters and terrorist tactics on ordinary citizens growing weed in California. Since then I have been boycotting all Snapple products even though I really like them.

I am hoping someone can provide a list or reliable site that lists corporations who donate funds to fight marijuana. I would hate to spend money on products that may be used to sponser state terrorism against me or any other smokers of gods gift.

gypski is offline Registered+
    DuPont, Forestry Products, Big Pharma, Plastic and chemical industries just to name a few. But they support the prohibition of both cannabis and hemp through contributions to legislators who fund the Drug policies and place their lackys in positions of power on the issue.

TheSmokingMonkey is offline Registered+
    Alcohol producers... I heard that alcohol producers spend more on lobbying than they do on marketing... unsure if that can be verified, but...
    The fools are at the bottom of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by gypski View Post
    DuPont, Forestry Products, Big Pharma, Plastic and chemical industries just to name a few. But they support the prohibition of both cannabis and hemp through contributions to legislators who fund the Drug policies and place their lackys in positions of power on the issue.
    Thanks for responding. Dupont is not a surprising name to see. They have had dubious connections since WWII that I have heard of. I heard they supplied synthetic rubber (latex) to the nazi's because they did not have enough natural rubber for their vehicles. But I would like to get specific company names. Saying Forestry Products, Big Pharma, Plastic and chemical industries points folks in the right direction but is not that helpful in this endeavor. Do I need to boycott my local lumber mill in Northern CA. Plastic is way too general to boycott. What other products or companies are directly involved on the war on marijuana.

As for TSMonkey. Alchohol! Now you really need to be way more specific with company and product names. I really prefer smoking and don't drink that often but I am not ready to boycott all alchohol products just yet.

boaz is offline Registered+
    private prison corporations. try to boycott them. I think there is another thread that lists starbucks, and some others. I like this idea, epecially the snapple thing, who would have thought they were prohibs.

boaz is offline Registered+
    the prohib profiteers.

personified is offline Banned

Religous

Christians against Christ and drug testing facilities.

I am definitely against drug testing. I do make exception for testing pilots and the like.

I think most of the companies just want to advertise a drug free environment and aren't really looking to weed out smokers. They usually perform minimal tests that can be passed using the info on the sticky or stuff from a head shop.

Sort of evil but not exactly the evil corporation information I was hoping people would post here. Anyone have any examples of corporations contributing to the war on pot.

Micsog is offline Registered+
    MERCK,PFIZER,DOW JONES,WALMART,SNAPPLE,NIKE,ANHIESER BUSH,
    THATS ALL I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW
    this is all a game to me as an active role player any pictures or comments made are for the purpose of entertainment and only entertainment any pictures are readily available from the internet any likeness to real events or characters are purely fictional for everyone's enjoyment

DreadedHermie is offline Registered+
    Dow Jones? That bastard!

DreadedHermie is offline Registered+
    Last year a friend mentioned that he heard Snapple was donating
    You got a source more credible than that? Snapple's owned by Dr. Pepper...

I'm down with the boycott thing, but let's hit the right pockets. This one's starting to smell like an urban legend.

dshea241 is offline Registered
    I agree with DreadedHermie. No need to give up snapple if there is no evidence! Source your claims.

rdrunner420 is offline Registered
    Budweiser, is one of the largest contributors to camp. Boycott all alcohol companies... they all are against MJ legalization.

*edit*
    Now that I remember, I heard about ten years ago that Snapple was involved in sponsoring camp. Considering that people are saying the same thing about Snapple ten years later makes me more confident in saying that they DO have some ties with camp or MJ eradication.

Snapple I think is a independent company, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by rdrunner420; Mar-23-2010 at 22:44.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadedHermie View Post
    You got a source more credible than that? Snapple's owned by Dr. Pepper...

I'm down with the boycott thing, but let's hit the right pockets. This one's starting to smell like an urban legend.
    Thanks for jumping in. What I am trying to do hear is end some hearsay and get some useful information. I heard about Snapple just from a guy I was burning with. That is why I started this thread. I would like to get credible information on companies like Snapple or Dr. Pepper or whoever donated $20,000 to CAMP or some other campaign against marijuana use. Is Dr. Pepper the actual company or does some other company own Dr. Pepper. Now Dr. Pepper won't be a hard one for me to give up. But did the parent company donate or is Snapple run as a separate entity. Sorry for asking for such businesslike information but as DreadedHermie has pointed out we need to hit the right pockets. If the parent company is responsible what other products do they produce that we should boycott.

There should be information soon on companies who are donating to have the bill to legalize in CA defeated. Those would be legitimate names to put on the boycott list.

Miscog, Do you have any specific details on the companies you listed.

DonPorro is offline Registered+

Starbucks Denies Funding Anti-Marijuana Group

check this out, apparently The Colorado Drug Investigators Association had listed Starbucks and other national corps. on their website. Among them North Face; Enterprise Rent-a-Car; Glock Handguns; and Point Blank Body Armor. The cdiusa.com website is no longer on line.

Starbucks Denies Funding Anti-Marijuana Group | Cannabis Culture Magazine

TheHighCountryM is offline Registered

Big 5

Watch "The Union", about mj in B.C. Canada, explains the biggest contributors to keeping MJ illegal.
    You guessed right.
    Big Pharma proven to kill people upon occasion accidentally, still not just legal.
    Alcohol-proven to kill people still legal
    Tobacco--proven to kill people, yet still legal
    Big Chema-won't even go there
    Big Agra, all 5 buy better junkets than you.
    Private Prison companies, perhaps most insidious--who makes your circuit boards? Manageable, "just doin' my time", for the most part educated, minor possession offenders. You really think they want to let go of this perfect slave labor pool?
    Drug Testing companies
    Treatment facility corporations
    not to mention any high level L.E.O. that has the ear of politicians; we pay for their familys' mortgages and local departments' new Hemi Chargers for shit's sake.
    List goes & goes. If your organization makes money off of MJ being illegal, you're doubling down right now on the payoffs.

TheHighCountryM is offline Registered

Pt II

Might have gotten off track with all the generalities. Yes, I would also like to know which specific companies. no longer buying Bud...but most of our beer bought is local brewed anyway.
    Wells Fargo, (can someone check?) will be losing my checking account for sponsoring anti-mmj fight.
    Someone mentioned North Face, this is misleading. Someone who NF was working with mentioned their lack of support for MMJ; NF got lumped in through association. Kinda like Tommy Chong, but different.
    Real info?

Here is some info that appeared on my companies doing good for legalizatoin thread.

Hope to see more detailed info on companies doing evil on this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some anti-cannabis companies: Comcast, Hershey Chocolate, Yahoo, A&E, Wyeth. Just look at the corporate sponsors of organizations that resist drug reform, such as Partnership for a Drug Free America.

SirMoist is offline Registered

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010 View Post
    I am definitely against drug testing. I do make exception for testing pilots and the like.

I think most of the companies just want to advertise a drug free environment and aren't really looking to weed out smokers. They usually perform minimal tests that can be passed using the info on the sticky or stuff from a head shop.

Sort of evil but not exactly the evil corporation information I was hoping people would post here. Anyone have any examples of corporations contributing to the war on pot.
    The thing you are overlooking is the fact THCA lasts ten times longer in your system than any other drug out there. I could blow OC all day and be good for a drug test in just a few days (not that i do). I really pride myself on being a person who could work circles around most people AND the fact I get stoned every day. I'm not saying get blazed at work but i am saying smoking does not get in the way of me advancing my life.

NaughtyDreadz is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Micsog View Post
    NIKE,
    FTW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Corporations against Marijuana-adidas-hemp-anuncio-4-elisa.jpg   Corporations against Marijuana-hemp-adidas-2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SirMoist View Post
    The thing you are overlooking is the fact THCA lasts ten times longer in your system than any other drug out there. I could blow OC all day and be good for a drug test in just a few days (not that i do). I really pride myself on being a person who could work circles around most people AND the fact I get stoned every day. I'm not saying get blazed at work but i am saying smoking does not get in the way of me advancing my life.
    That is pretty well known information to the folks on this site. You could also pass a test a few days after smoking marijuana if you follow the instructions on the dillution thread.

Most folks can function pretty normally while stoned. I just don't want my pilot or air traffic controller to say "I sure picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue" when things get difficult.

Naughty Dreadz those are very cool Adidas. Guess they are not against Hemp at least. That ban is totally retarded. You can't even get high off of it. It just looks like weed.

SirMoist is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010 View Post
    That is pretty well known information to the folks on this site. You could also pass a test a few days after smoking marijuana if you follow the instructions on the dillution thread.

Most folks can function pretty normally while stoned. I just don't want my pilot or air traffic controller to say "I sure picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue" when things get difficult.
    Haha, glue. Yah I hear you but the tests are getting ever more advanced to red flag dillution. I actually have one coming up but, like I said on another board, I have a screening soon and an "inconclusive" is the same as a "failure" in this certain case because a family member is hiring me. If there was a hypothetical situation where a dude with perfect pee and then me were tested, you better hope there are no other explanations on your paperwork other than pass or fail. Unfortunately, a clueless hirer may see me as someone trying to snake by the drug test and probably put me in the "probably not" pile. Feel me? Plenty of good people out there are being denied certain privileges just for some tainted urine. Shit's weak.

Hopefully the technology for passing the ever more stringent tests will get posted. I heard there is even shampoo that can help a user pass a hair folicle test, but that was definitely hearsay. I don't know about the saliva test. Maybe the dillution works for that too but I have not heard anything.

The good thing is that most companies don't really want to weed out the pot smokers. They just want to claim that they have a drug free environment. So they really don't use the full level of testing that they could. Besides it would be too costly for companies with high turnover.

I heard that in the 80's the Miami police force tested 90% positive for various drugs. When hiring they could only ask if a person was currently using or they could not find enough candidates. The same sort of holds true today. At Jack in the Box they now only ask if you have been convicted in the past 5years. If they make it any more strict they can't find anyone to hire. They obviously don't want to perform stringent drug tests or they will eliminate another group of prospective employees.

MMJdatabase is offline Registered

Arrow PayPal hates on Cannabis

Paypal BEWARE -

Don't support PayPal. They are not your pal...