Cannabis.com

Thread: Arizona welcomes California medical marijuana card holders!

leadmagnet is offline Banned

Arizona welcomes California medical marijuana card holders!

Under Proposition 203 Arizona welcomes California medical marijuana card holders!

California card holders will be legal to possess and use marijuana in Arizona and be afforded the same protections from discrimination (including discrimination by employers) as Arizona medical marijuana patients. Californians just can't obtain their meds from an Arizona dispensary.

From Prop 203:

36-2804.03. Issuance of registry identification cards.

Section C. A REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD, OR ITS EQUIVALENT, THAT IS ISSUED UNDER THE LAWS OF ANOTHER STATE, DISTRICT, TERRITORY, COMMONWEALTH OR INSULAR POSSESSION OF THE UNITED STATES THAT ALLOWS A VISITING QUALIFYING PATIENT TO POSSESS OR USE MARIJUANA FOR MEDICAL PURPOSES IN THE JURISDICTION OF ISSUANCE HAS THE SAME FORCE AND EFFECT WHEN HELD BY A VISITING QUALIFYING PATIENT AS A REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD ISSUED BY THE DEPARTMENT, EXCEPT THAT A VISITING QUALIFYING PATIENT IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO OBTAIN MARIJUANA FROM A NONPROFIT MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

bikeTripper is offline Registered+
    Interesting.

They are essentially saying California patients will need to bring their meds in across state lines.

Doesn't this challenge federal authority - interstate travel, commerce and all that?

Obtain from a grower or other patient while in Arizona other than a dispensary?

StoneMeadow is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeTripper View Post
    Interesting.

They are essentially saying California patients will need to bring their meds in across state lines.

Doesn't this challenge federal authority - interstate travel, commerce and all that?
    I don't know of any specific offense associated with crossing State lines with mmj. That said, it's kind of cool that AZ would recognize other State's mmj cards. Sort of like the fact that lots of States recognize other State's ccw cards.

greenghost is offline Registered+
    i dont know all the details about that, but it seems like a great idea...i think AZ should honor Californias medical cards...now you dont have to travel w/ you medicine over state lines you can just go to a local caregiver. what does everyone think about the soldiers who robbed the medical dispensary in Co saying they wanted to destroy the marijuana, not smoke it? i dont believe that story one bit.

Soldiers wanted to destroy Marijuana, not Smoke it

bikeTripper is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by greenghost View Post
    i dont know all the details about that, but it seems like a great idea...i think AZ should honor Californias medical cards...now you dont have to travel w/ you medicine over state lines you can just go to a local caregiver. what does everyone think about the soldiers who robbed the medical dispensary in Co saying they wanted to destroy the marijuana, not smoke it? i dont believe that story one bit.

Soldiers wanted to destroy Marijuana, not Smoke it
    I think if I broke into a liquor store or pharmacy because I wanted to destroy the product, not consume it, it would have no bearing on my punishment under the law.

Chronicbosch is offline Registered

Thumbs down DR's note is not enough....

Just having the recommendation does not satisfy the law.

Read the full text of the LAW for clearification:

30 Facts About Arizona’s New Medical Marijuana Law | The NORML Stash Blog
    (search for 'Visiting')

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicbosch View Post
    Just having the recommendation does not satisfy the law.

Read the full text of the LAW for clearification:

30 Facts About Arizonaís New Medical Marijuana Law | The NORML Stash Blog
    (search for 'Visiting')

This thread is about Arizona welcoming out of state medical marijuana card holders, namely Californians. The text of AZ Prop 203 states only that the out of state visiting patient must have a registry identification card and does not require that card to have been issued by a state or county from the originating state; only that the identification meets the originating states laws to quality for medical marijuana in that state (hence one becomes a visiting qualifying patient while in Arizona). In California all one really needs is their doctorís recommendation- itís basically your registry identification in and of itself because that is all that is required by California to be legal.

California recommendation holders are golden while in Arizona. Just canít obtain their meds from the AZ dispensaries (assuming said dispensaries ever come to fruition).

Pretty cool, huh?
    Last edited by leadmagnet; Dec-05-2010 at 02:05.

yermawscotland is offline Registered
    all i can say is god bless u americans for getting the ball rolling with the medicinal cannabis, were about 10 years behind law wize in scotland, not that any body gives a fuck but its good to know that the bold yanks r changing laws for the better an de-criminilising cannabis, the sooner use suceed the rest of this pathetic world will follow, & before long weel all be like the dutch whove had the right idea for years , keep figtin & god blees yeez all

budlover13 is offline Registered+
    I like the idea of recognizing my rec in AZ. I wonder if Ca does the same?

Quote Originally Posted by budlover13 View Post
    I like the idea of recognizing my rec in AZ. I wonder if Ca does the same?

Nope, Kalifornia doesn't. As a Kali card holder just make sure you bring your original recommendation with you and be holding no more than two and a half ounces.

Pretty cool huh?

Time to take a motorcycle ride to the Hualapai Mountains, Page, Flagstaff, Sedona, or whatever!

Of course the big irony is that the locals have to jump through hoops you can't even image back in Kalifornia just so they can be considered legit.

Will Humble SUCKS!

But we need to be ready to help out our brothers and sisters east of the Colorado River. So when you're vacationing over there and freely medicating try not to rub it in.

Kali's weird like that. I'm an ex-cop and it seems everyone accepts Kali's certs but Kali never reciprocates. Maybe our lawmakers are just elitist bastards that think they are better than you & I? Oh, wait. They're politicians!

Thank you for the info. I was just thinking that since I have a friend that grows for local dispensaries he might be able to work that out. I LONG for the day when we are speaking of just another commodity, in this sense anyway.

Well, let's work together and remedy this situation. I'm a recovering alcoholic who drinks MUCH less now that I medicate. If you don't have to jump through hoops to buy a beer then you surely shouldn't have to jump through them for something like cannabis.

I have a friend in NM. He's been keeping me up to date with current laws there.

You should check out leap.cc budlover13.

Quote Originally Posted by leadmagnet View Post
    You should check out leap.cc budlover13.
    AWESOME organization! I have been following them for several years now. I have helped a little with fundraisers and would LOVE to speak, but most of their speakers are, rightfully, higher ranking than I when I got out. I have been attempting to broker a sort of understanding between LEO and the MJ community through posting in various forums and speaking to the locals I can. I have also been active on FB(yes, I know, poison if not in a legal state) and have made some small differences to a few.

Most LEO I know are in the same camp as us, except for their paycheck. That has been the biggest hurdle to the movement since ANY man is loathe to give up the means they use to support their families. Politics dammit! The key seems to be in allowing, through legislation, the paychecks to be paid by the taxes that are collected through legalization. Most cops are normal folk that got high in school and also drank and smoked. As a matter of fact, MOST background checks will fail you if you say you have never smoked pot. It's a given.

EVERY cop that I have spoken to [I]personally[I] are in agreement that alcohol causes them MANY more headaches than pot.

Quote Originally Posted by budlover13 View Post
    AWESOME organization! I have been following them for several years now. I have helped a little with fundraisers and would LOVE to speak, but most of their speakers are, rightfully, higher ranking than I when I got out. I have been attempting to broker a sort of understanding between LEO and the MJ community through posting in various forums and speaking to the locals I can. I have also been active on FB(yes, I know, poison if not in a legal state) and have made some small differences to a few.

Most LEO I know are in the same camp as us, except for their paycheck. That has been the biggest hurdle to the movement since ANY man is loathe to give up the means they use to support their families. Politics dammit! The key seems to be in allowing, through legislation, the paychecks to be paid by the taxes that are collected through legalization. Most cops are normal folk that got high in school and also drank and smoked. As a matter of fact, MOST background checks will fail you if you say you have never smoked pot. It's a given.
    The speaker's bureau at LEAP is not as rigid as you may think brother. Jack Cole suggested I become a leap speaker and I had only eight years in the saddle as an LEO. I retired early after having gotten shot a couple of times. Of course that was about a decade ago and now Neill Franklin is executive director but I think he feels the same way. I now have twelve years experience- got back into the criminal justice system as a peace officer for awhile.

I didn't take Jack up on his kind offer back then for various reasons but I'm thinking about going ahead with it now due to some rather unusual circumstances that have recently occurred with my employment (basically got canned for my activism on cannabis in our last election in California). Seems the letter I signed didn't have an adequate disclaimer in management's opinion. "All agency affiliations are listed for identification purposes only" apparently wasn't good enough for my boss. Sucks to be fired right before Christmas but I'm currently working on an appeal to the termination.

But anyways, don't sell yourself short. LEAP can always use comprehensive reformers with LEO experience as speakers. Just keep in mind there can be consequences for doing so- these prohibs actually think they're waging a "war" against us.
    Last edited by leadmagnet; Dec-28-2010 at 08:56.