Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Bud enhancers

Thinx is offline Registered+

Advice on Bud enhancers

Hi Guys hoping a couple of you experienced growers can advise on Bud Size enhancers (do they work are they worth the money).
    My Last grow which was my first = 6oz of White Widow grade A smoke and of one plant. This grow is 4 plants in NFT which are cuttings of the superb mother, and I was wondering about the claims these bud enhance agents make if true. Here is my new grow,Advice on Bud enhancers-garden-028.jpg

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Yes, they do work. They are worth the money.

I could go on but i'm lazy and dont bother giving advice anymore - so post this in the growing forums and someone else will give you the rest of the info.

Thanks for that
    All I am or will be was decided in my Mothers womb
    All I want or Take is decided by me
    http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...ow-newbie.html

Look up "molasses", it's more of a cooking things than something you will find in a local hydro/growshop. I hear nothing but good things about this though, and it can be fed it right up untill harvest.
    Others know and could provide more information on it than myself, but a quick Google should give you all the relevant info on it.

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    G/H KoolBloom rocks .
    Crispi

rhizome is offline Registered+
    Well worth it- do you have particular products in mind?

If so, it'd be helpful to know what the base nute program is.

Okay after I think I worked out what you mean, I have used Ionic grow for Veg and Bloom for Flower. And I also have boost by ionic to be supplied as and when

Great- run the boost.

No need for bigbud or other bud enhancers then?

Gotta admit I love the Bud Blood/ Big Bud/ Carboload combo- but there's a quick $120 out the door. And you can cook stuff w/ it.

Canna's PK 13/14 is very reliable, but needs to be timed right.

Discussion of " enhancers" can get complicated and partisan. If this is your second grow, I'd keep things simple. Better to get a less-than-optimal harvest( that you could have bumped up w/ additives) than to get little or no harvest ( cause you fried stuff w/ bloom boosters.)

The Ionic Boost is unlikely to react oddly to your other nutes. I haven't used Ionic, so I can't comment on how it will interact w/ products from other manufacturers.

Thank you very much for the information And your time I will use what I have and save the money

Megatron is offline Registered+
    Do these bud enhancers efect taste or smell of finished product at all? Please post what your experiences are when using these bloom boosters. I have always wondered if it effects the quality of the bud. i.e. taste, smell, smoothness, ect... laterz..
    "Knowledge is Power"

"I am the very disease you pretend to be"

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Do these bud enhancers efect taste or smell of finished product at all? Please post what your experiences are when using these bloom boosters. I have always wondered if it effects the quality of the bud. i.e. taste, smell, smoothness, ect... laterz..
    You flush the plant for THAT precise reason.

Dr. Bloor is offline Registered+
    You may want to check out some pics I just posted regarding this. Basic growing.
    When in doubt, whip it out

highallthetime is offline Registered+
    I use Bcuzz Additives during vegetative stage and during bloom. They help plants not to stress thus giving you vigorous growth. Also it helps develop more flowering points ( more buds ) and help keep it all greeen !

My personal opinion is to always add those additives in the quantities stated and you will be rewarded with more , bigger and better bud. Some also boost up flavor ( sweet carb ) .

So your choice , you want bigger better tasting more yielding bud ?

HighTillIDie is offline Registered+
    i use dutch master's

g/h kool bloom
    dutchmaster max
    dutchmaster pure

Still taking all your thoughts onboard thanks guys

20dollarholla is offline Registered+
    Koolbloom has given me great results, I use it from the 3rd-6th weeks during flowering. I also recommend Superthrive from seedling til flush.

cwesto is offline Registered+
    I have TigerBloom right now which i plan on using during flowering for my 2nd grow, indoors 400w mh and hps, soil. what other supplemental nutrients and/or bud enhancers would work well with the TigerBloom? I saw someone somewhere talk about a mix of 1 tsp mollasasalso + 1 tsp cal-mag + 2 tsp TigerBloom, and then ocassionally sprinkle some bat guano on the dirt; does that sound like a regiment that would produce high yeilding srystaly plants? Finally does anybody have any advice for specific products for veg?

Sorry, i kno these are newb Q:'s but i just want to have a succesful 2nd Grow. Thanku everybody
    Last edited by cwesto; Oct-19-2007 at 02:33.

growbe is offline Registered+
    Molasses is great to use, but is not considered an enhancer, same goes with cal-mag and such. Since you are using tiger bloom, you might as well use grow big during veg. Try cha-ching and beastzie boys for flower which are both considered enhancers.

By beastie boys im guessing u mean the beasty bloomz. Well then what is the purpose of mollasses? should i add it too my nute solution during flowering?

growbe is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by cwesto View Post
    By beastie boys im guessing u mean the beasty bloomz. Well then what is the purpose of mollasses? should i add it too my nute solution during flowering?
    Beasty boys, had music on the brain last night. Hahahahaha...
    Molasses in considered an additive that is rich on carbs. Can be used throughout the grow. In flower depending on what type you have you can use it every other water with nutes. Start off at 1 teaspoon per gallon. If my plants do not need nutes, I still add it alone. At the same time I also foliar feed with a mix of kelp and molasses up until I start to see buds.
    Good luck

ok, so what exactly does the app of molasses do for the plant? ive heard that it makes the buds thicker? Also how do i tell when the plants do not need any more fert? like u said growbe u used molasses alone when the plants dont need fert?

home.grower is offline Banned
    How big were your widows to get 6 Oz? how many plants? watts? method?

I use lots of stuff...

Big Bud, Overdrive, CarboLoad, (Fulvic, Humic and Potassium Silicate) which contribute to bud development when used complementary and at the right time...

Gaining a good root structure is paramount when thinking of additives... Poor rooting during veg won't prove all the benefits of additives later on and could leave you feeling like your wasted money... but with 6 Oz off a single plant (assumption) for a 1st grow I do not think you will have that kind of problem as you already seem to know what you are doing..

Good luck

ok well what can i use to help promote good root structure during veg??? i heard supertrhive works wonders on improving the developement root structure. Does anybody with experience have anything to say about superthrive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast