Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i want to make hash, from my girls leaves

the happy chappie is offline Registered+

i want to make hash, from my girls leaves

hi, i have been growing for a about ten yrs now, but i have never made hash, my last crosses have provided me with some very frosty leaves, i normaly smoke these as there very potent, but i want to have a go at making some hash, could sombody tell me how to do this corectly, i have read some post on here but i am not sure that there correct, i respect there ideas but i dont realy wanna waste 10 to 15 ounzes of top notch leaves, the plants that this will come from are white widow crossed with brain damage, i have managed to staberlize these quite well and now produce regular extremly sticky and frosty crops, if i need any chemicles to achieve this are they easily avalible, i do not need to rush what i do so time is not a prob, however i would like something nice from it, is 15 oz dried leaf weight enough to work with, i could easily put some bud in as well if needed, has any body got any serious knowledge on this subject, i have read the books but has any one got first hand experiance, i look forword to your replys
    live and walk in the footsteps of peace and freedom, you are my brethren and i love you all

Nosehit is offline Registered+
    I used the screen method, but everyone I've talked to says if you're serious about it,bubble bags are the way to go and you need the 6 or 7 bag kit. And they ain't cheap, I never tryed these and I'm not really familiar with their use but you might try here. http://forum.thenook.org/index.php?s...0&#entry321325 Good luck
    REALITY is only a concept for people who can't handle DRUGS

thanks nosehit. i checked it out and have regestered, very interesting, how do you get on with your screens, bubble bags seems to be the way, do you know if the comparison between b/bags and screens is realy that different at the finish, its not a matter of saving money more a case of if it does the same thing, like i said before i aint made hash before, so maybe first time i might go for the cheaper option, could you tell me what you do and what results i should expect, what do i need and where do i start, thanks mate be luckey
    live and walk in the footsteps of peace and freedom, you are my brethren and i love you all

I've never used bubble bags, actually I'm not really certain how they work. I think the ice is to cool the trichs down so they're more solid and are damaged less in the process plus it makes them less sticky. Then its filtered further and further until you get the pure trichomes which gives you that beautiful blonde hash. What I do is just the bare necessity. I screen trim through a nylon coffee filter for automatic coffee makers, then through another smaller mesh copper screen (I think metal screens are bad for some reason) and then I put it in some parchment paper(used for baking), then I warm it with a blow dryer (while its still in the paper) and then press it between books or what ever. Very little expense or effort and it actually makes a pretty decent product. That being said these folks are much more experienced than I am.http://forum.thenook.org/index.php?showtopic=28354 at the end of the thread millet talks about rebuilding a tumbler, you might check into that.
    Good luck
    NH

You might want to check this out also. http://cannabisheaven.co.uk/making_hash.html

thanks again nosehit, those coffee filters you talk of, will they trap the the tiny thc, or will it pass through, i have dug out some of mine from a coffee perculator is this the same stuff, i cant see how it goes through, with your help i have found some interesting info so thanks, but some talk of acetone as a substetute for ice, does this make sence, i was kinda hoping i could do a big batch at the same time,and my filters would only hold a little at a time, time is not a prob as there not quite ready,also after drying should i cure them just as i do the weed or is it ok to work with as soon as its dried, thanks again mate, if anybody else has any veiws or knoledge on this please let me know ................................. thanks .......................................

KanMan is offline Registered+
    I use a cheap 2 bubble bag system that works fine.

Good Kannabis Growing!

thanks kanman, i am prob gonna go for a non complex system to start with, then i would like the multi bubble bag option, sounds realy cool, i have got about 3 to 5 weeks to make my mind up, my girls are starting showing there heavy frosting traits
    i normaly smoke them but there is so much frost even on some of the fan leaves, that its got to be worth trying to make some hash,there seems to be so much involved ,maybe its me but it seems very complecated, i am worried that i will ruin my leaves, somtimes there so frosty that there aint no difference in smoking them or bud, thanks for your suggestions, please keep them comiing, peace to you all

del... is offline Registered+
    i bought thr 5 gal, 7 bag system last year and can honestly say they're a godsend! you don't need all 7 but i can't see how only 2 will do the trick...perhaps a few details? anyway, the 5 bag system is all one needs.
    it's different from screens as it's very wet when separated and is very easy to mold into whatever shape you want before drying while the screen method results in more of a kief product. plus it's a helluva lot easier to separate with the bags.

if i were you i'd save those fan leaves along with those loose, lower buds and wait until a bubblebag system came along. put your trim in the freezer and it'll keep until you're ready. you can sometimes find them at gypsy's auction site and save a few bucks...
    www.seedbay.com
    it's where i bought mine ($285 incl s/h) and worth every penny...have already made over 3 oz's of high grade hash! plus it's the type of thing where one can go in with a friend or two and share the cost.

good luck with the upcoming harvest! i'm about a month behind...

hi del, thanks for the info mate, yes i should realy go with the bubble bag system, i am just worried that if i dont get it right then i would have wasted all that dosh, i dont know why i am conserned, cos i am pretty experienced with growing, its just that i end up with so much beautifuly frosted tip and fan leaves, they smoke just loverly, i am shit scared to ruin them, does that make sence ?, yes i think i will get the 7 bag bubble bag system, this proberbly sounds mad but i will need some sound personal experianced advise on exactly what to do, i am quite servierly disabled, so does it in volve heavy lifting ?, will i need any chemicles ?, are they readily avalible ?, i would rather do things as natrauly as possible, if it can be done ?,how long does it take ?, what state have the leaves and bud got to be, wet, dried, or cured, i am not looking to make any money or profit from this venture because i need all i can get to help my disabilitys,i have usually grown enough each season 4/5 grows per annum to see me through, without having to buy, my experiements over the years have proved very useful and have helped me develop this strain, i am very proud of it, please tell me if my crossed ladys are suitable for top quality hash, the original mother was high yeilding very smelly and extreamly frosted white widow f1, she regulary finished around 60 to 65 days, she was a complete stoner, there was a good high at the start of the smoke but it left me stoned and unable to do anything sensible, the mrs got the hump with me over it to be honest heheheheh, the father was a quality brain damage from kc seeds, he was the fastest father out of 2 packs of seeds, he was heaverly flowered and sheding pollon in under 55 days his sisters were fairly tall about 4ft they were a great smoke and also heavy with frost, he finished the same hight as the mother about 30 inches, having back crosed over the last 4 grows it now seems fairly predictable, with only slight variations if i cock up a lil bit, as soon as the seedlings were 3inches they get placed under 18hrs of a 250 w hps, for about 5 days then they recieve 400w 18hrs for about 2 and a half to 3 weeks, then blasted under 600w12 hrs untill finished, they stink from start to finish but its deff worse in the last week or so, humidity is kept very low in the last 7 days, sometimes i drop the lights too 10 hrs of light for last few days, i find this encourages the plant to ooze her sticky fluids in a hope of reproducing , the result now is i have a plant that kicks my pain level down to a point were i can use my walking frame instead of my wheelchair, its high is extreamly uplifting but usually ends up with a heavy stone, but not lack of concentration, i will deff get the munchies with out a doubt, in fact i have smoked a joint during this mesage, and i am a bit out of my head, i was hoping the hash would be a nice change, what do you think, thanks guys peace to you all

KanMan is offline Registered+
    Dried cured frozen product is the best to use. I have tried fresh / wet frozen product. I got less end product and taste was some what greenish.

Place the bags in a 5 gallon bucket, fill 3/4 full with cold water. Add cured dried frozen product then cover the product with a bag of crushed ice. Add more water until the water is a few inched from the top of the bucket. Let stand for about 30 minutes. Use a mixer to agitate the ice and product 20 to 30 minutes then let rest for 20 minutes. Then repeat until the ice is almost all melted. Remove the bags together carefully and rinse with cold water.

Use a spoon to scrape the bubble hash (crack hash) off the bags screen.
    Place on a paper towel and press the water out of the bubble hash. Careful here if you press all the water out the bubble hash will stick to the paper towel. Put the pressed bubble hash in the freezer until ready to smoke.

The white strains tend to give a blonde color hash. The White Widow crack hash i make is very smooth, tasty and keeps me alert and awake. I prefer bubble hash over joints any day.

Good Kannabis Growing!

thanks kanman,
    i am deff gonna get the bubble bags now, they seem to be the thing to go for, could you tell me ,do they have a life span, will they last for more than one hash session,i i wanted to make about 1 ounze of quality hash how much bud and leaf would that require, my tip leaves are just as frosty as the buds, and most of the fan leaves have snow on them, so i suspect there good for hash making, please let me know ty again

del... is offline Registered+
    it'd be very hard to get it wrong, it's so easy! the worst that can happen is you get spillage from one layer into a lower one...oh well, just rescreen it! and the bags will last many years and many lbs of high grade chunks if taken care of (washed after use and dried before storing is about it...i run mine thru the washing machine on gentle cycle and air dry). no chems, just water and ice (i've found smaller cubes work best). the water should be just above freezing (hurting kind of cold) and with about 15-20 minutes of mixing the ice, water and greenery in a bucket it's time to start screening. that's about it! as far as color, the 1st batch i made from trim and loose buds from the outdoor grow last summer and harvested at 10% red trich's and came out blonde...2nd batch i let em go until appx 90% had turned and got the red. both fine and similar in potency but flavor is abit heavier in the red...like duh, eh?

as far as drying, i just squeeze out as much water as possible while forming it into a 'snake' then finish drying in the open on a paper plate. then wrap in foil and the mason jar and into the fridge...it does finish quite hard when dry but easy to shave off slivers.

oops, just saw kanman's info...basically the same. one thing i'll add tho is...do your mixing in a separate bucket. do NOT mix inside the bags as they will get beat up by the blades. doing it in a separate bucket allows you to really get rough with the flowers without causing harm to the bags . the 2nd difference i see is i pull the bags out one at a time when doing the screening. when you get yours you'll figure it out. there's probably a couple dozen ways of getting to same end anyway and with bubblebags you can always do a do-over...

damn, got carried away here. my apologies...

thanks del , mate you got me buzzing here, im sitting here smoking a long fatty from my last crop and i just know its gonna be mad, i took a close look today i recon around three more weeks before they get the chop maybe a little bit less, then prob another three weeks before there dry enough to work with, i would prefure to cure for another few weeks at least, but heck thats another nine weeks before i get to make hash, oooooh i dunno if i can wait that long, i have enough of the last crop left to see me through, so is curing deff a nesseserty ?, if it is then i will just wait, i am just a little impatiant when i know something good is gonna happen lol, these girls look like there going to be heavly frosted again, there all very healthy but one looks a little strange, the fan leaves are made up of nine leeflets at the bottom of the plant and decrease to 1 single leeflet at the top, i have seen this before but never on my best girl, this plant is the heaviest yealder in my crop, she is also 8 inches taller than the rest, she looks very healthy so i am a little confused as to why the single leaflets, i have got tons of pics to share but i realy dont no how to make a pic small enough to post on here, my camara takes pics in 1..2..3..3.1..and 5 meg settings but even the 1 meg pics seem to be to big to allow me to post and pose my girls off, i have been working with these girls for a long time and they now look quite impresive on harvest day, i just gotta show ya some pics when the time comes eh !!!!! they normaly look just like white fir tree cones, only they glisten white a bit more, there quite hard as well, very nuggety, most of the fan leaves even now are very crystley, i am expecting to tie the tops up to prevent stress when they bend as they normaly do, i would love to start messing around withe some quality sativas but i am not sure about there pain killing qualitys, i love the taste of sativas and the high is very nice to, but they dont do much with my pain, any suggestions there ?, dont appologise for the long post mate i aprieciate all the advise and suggestions i get from everyone, this is quite a cool site and now that i am finding my feet in here i am having much pleasure chatting with you all, i hope i will continue to meet you all on here soon, i am also totaly mashed on that fatty i smoked earlier, i am planning on going to amsterdam this summer so if any of you guys gonna be there eh !!!!, thanks again and sorry to write so much hehehehehe i guess thats the spliff eh !

HolySmokeMaker is offline Registered
    I am a firm believer in the ice extraction type hash. I purchased a set on the net for about $100 bucks (3bag system) and think they are just great. The product they produce is so potent and very very tasty. I used to do the oil thing but since I started making hash, I have never turned back.

The kits are reusable over and over again. I have used mine over 15 times now and they are still working great and show no sign of wear.

There are a few places on the internet to pick them up. Bubblebags (Bubbleman), something like bubblebags.co.uk and I picked up my set at www.resinextractor.com.

Anyone who has access to trimmings or is a regular grower should have a set of these.

hay thanks you guys, i am gonna try and buy one today, when i think of all the trim that i have ever thrown away cos i had so much, (dam i was a fool lol ), i wish i had have learned about computers and registered on this site a long time ago, so thanks to all of you, i am still a little confused on what the ice is for, but i shall start making ice cubes today lol, thanks, i shall go and take some more pics to show how there getting on

latest pics taken today

i took these this morning, acording to my dates i might have to wait a little longer about 7 days, take a close look at the trichomes and tell me what you think, i dont think there that far away, i might have made a mistake on my calender oops !!!! how close do you think they are........ peace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails i want to make hash, from my girls leaves-24.3.03-042.jpg   i want to make hash, from my girls leaves-24.3.03-066.jpg   i want to make hash, from my girls leaves-24.3.03-077.jpg  

i want to make hash, from my girls leaves-24.3.03-080.jpg   i want to make hash, from my girls leaves-24.3.03-084.jpg  

The purpose of the ice is to keep the water cold cold cold. By keeping the water cold, you keep the tric's on the leaves hard (instead of sticky) so that you can beat them off of the leaves and capture them in the screen.

Pretty simple method with excellent results.

hi holysmokemaker
    thanks for your reply, have you or anyone got any ideas as to how much hash can be made from about 10 onces of frosty tip and small buds, i have about the same again in big buds, i dont mind using some of them but i dont want to use all my loverly buds,i tried to buy the bubble bag system yesterday from my local head shop, but none in stock, i have also seen advertised the electric tumbler system i like the look of this, i am just a little worried about spending on my card over the net,

Quote Originally Posted by HolySmokeMaker
    The purpose of the ice is to keep the water cold cold cold. By keeping the water cold, you keep the tric's on the leaves hard (instead of sticky) so that you can beat them off of the leaves and capture them in the screen.

Pretty simple method with excellent results.
    Thats pretty much what I thought. Have you ever used bubble bags?
    I'm wanting to get a set, I just want to hear someone who's used them tell me how they work.

Quote Originally Posted by the happy chappie
    hi holysmokemaker
    thanks for your reply, have you or anyone got any ideas as to how much hash can be made from about 10 onces of frosty tip and small buds, i have about the same again in big buds, i dont mind using some of them but i dont want to use all my loverly buds,i tried to buy the bubble bag system yesterday from my local head shop, but none in stock, i have also seen advertised the electric tumbler system i like the look of this, i am just a little worried about spending on my card over the net,
    I've heard about the tumblers but have never seen any. Damn now I have another decision to make bags or a tumbler. Their were a couple guys at the nook working on making a tumbler system, but I haven't heard an update yet.

Zandor is offline Registered+
    Check out this bag company http://www.resinextractor.com/ ...It's not the ones I have I have a 7 bag 5 gallon kit from http://www.kabulbaba.com/
    Peace
    Zandor

If you go cheap you grow cheap. - Me

Hey Happy,

I have used the bags many times before. It is actually my preferred method over all others. I would estimate that if you have 10oz of good trim and popcorn buds that you should easily get 3/4oz of bubble/ice hash with the bags. It really depends on how frosty your material is - the more frost the more hash.

In a way 3/4 oz does not sound like much but it is extremely potent stuff. You don't need to much to turn you into a vegetable. A piece the size of a peppercorn will get you so screwed up that you won't want to have anymore for many hours. Now imagine how many peppercorn size balls you can make out of 3/4 oz which is about 2 golf ball size balls.

I think you will also find the flavour much better than even the best bud off the same plants. I find the high is so pure and the taste is very clear as you are smoking the concentrated stuff that everyone is after anyhow.

I have a friend who is into the tumbler process but I don't find the quality is as good as the bubble. I find the tumbled stuff is a little more 'green' tasting as some of the plan material works it way through.

Hey Nosehit,

Yes, I have used them many times before. Check my last post. The process is very very simple and takes less than 2 hours to complete - most of the 2 hours being a sit & wait game.

For $100 bucks it is very much worth the investment. I picked mine up from resinextract, the place that Zandor has put in his link. Less $ than bubble bags and work just as good as far as I am concerned.

HARDDON is offline Registered+
    Instead of making bubble hash, have you considered making oil?

Hash is cool, but its a lot of work and it does take some experience. Your first batches will not be nearly aas good as your 10th batch because of the learning curve.

I would consider the oil. Lets face it, if your weed is good, you should be sufficiently buzzed after 2 or 3 one hitters. If you condense the weed to hash, so now you get stoned after one or one and half one hitters.

Either way, you are smoking the same ole dope.

To move on the next level of buzzing, I would really recommend you try the oil. A mucher faster and harder high.

In fact one of the drawbacks of the oil high is it sneaks up on you so fast you have usually overdone it by the time you realize it...lol....

All you need is some pure alcohol and in a couple of days, your smoking some kick assed oil.

I would prefer that buzz over hash buzz for strength and enduring for hours.

Just my thoughts, thanks for lettin me share em.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast