Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: marijuana grafting

marijuana grafting

ok ive seen it done it and smoked it! stalks of cloned buds not cloned leaves will cause the stem to get larger each time cloned and if cloned enough the stem will be the size of your arm.

bicflikr is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by marijuanavillebilly View Post
    ok ive seen it done it and smoked it! stalks of cloned buds not cloned leaves will cause the stem to get larger each time cloned and if cloned enough the stem will be the size of your arm.
    i dont understand what your saying.

you clone buds? i know its possible but why not start w/ a plant in veg growth?

what exactly is causing the stem to get bigger? do you mean the cloned stem? or the mother plant?

if your saying the clone, then your not making sense... clarify?
    if your saying the mother, then ok you stated that a plant will grow. pretty obvious.

why would you have a cloning mother in flowering anyway? wouldnt you want to keep her in veg?

and what does this have to do with grafting two plants together? you dont mention grafting at all in your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman79 View Post
    mist with vodka whilst curing and there you have it.....bloody mary jane.

i have kronik bong-kritus...

klondike_bar is offline Banned
    cloning dont mean grafting, so i dont have a clue what this guy is blabbering about. considering hes only made 6 posts over more than a month, he reminds me of one of those people who join, say they roll 1oz blunts daily, or grafted 3 plants together, and never back it up

if this doesnt get turned into a relevant post soon it will dissapear, will somone please post some info on grafting? it sound ineresting!

trivial... but interesting!

DurbanStone is offline Registered+
    lol!!!!
    I love life.

Hempy Bucket- So easy a caveman could do it.

SantaClawz is offline Registered+
    Is it like skin grafting?
    "They must find it difficult.
    Those who have taken authority as the truth.
    Rather than truth as the authority."

.: First grow, Soil, CFLs start to finish :.

JDMBoy420 is offline Registered+
    .......hmm..
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Quote Originally Posted by SantaClawz View Post
    Is it like skin grafting?
    yes, and no.

same idea: different living skin on human host.
    but of course, skin isnt mary jane...

its when you (usually) cut off a chunk of the host plant's stem to expose the fleshy parts that carry nutrients and water, and affix a freshly cut branch of another plant.

this is especially common with trees (especially fruit)

Image:Twolegtree.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia this is somthing like what we did.
    this all took place in a greenhouse

BobBong is offline Registered+
    something like that would take years of development.. you need to explain what you're trying to describe a lot better.
    As we live...a life of ease. Everyone of us...has all we need. Sky of Blue...and Sea of Green. In our Yellow Submarine.
    Bob's CannabisButter Recipe!
    Everything in Moderation...

I've heard of folks trying to graft mmj cuttings to a mature hops host-plant, before. Something about hops being a close genetic relative of mmj, but yielded negative results.
    Why would you even want to graft cannabis together like that? Growing/keeping moms for grafting would be easier, wouldn't it? (Sure would be a bitch to work around too, lol)

Thumbs down liar. just stop its getting old we see through it

Quote Originally Posted by marijuanavillebilly View Post
    Image:Twolegtree.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia this is somthing like what we did.
    this all took place in a greenhouse

your comparing those two conjoined trees to some marijuana plants?
    will you just stop posting? please no-one believes you, we can see right through your bull. its tiring.

rhizome!! can you shed some light on this grafting thing?

Ive seen it done with a tomato and a potato but that didn't make a topatoe. it made a tomato ant potato plant stuck together.
    although it would be interesting to see that done with pot, trivial... but interesting

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    You CAN graft Cannabis to Humulus.
    This yields a hops plant that supports bits of a pot plant to grow buds on a vine... stealth, but less than practical.
    Hops is a perennial and weed is an annual. You still have to re-do the graft each year since the cannabis dies back in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    You CAN graft Cannabis to Humulus.
    This yields a hops plant that supports bits of a pot plant to grow buds on a vine... stealth, but less than practical.
    Hops is a perennial and weed is an annual. You still have to re-do the graft each year since the cannabis dies back in winter.
    My bad...I thought I heard something about the hops host not providing the cannabis graft proper nutrient compounds for thc/cbd/cbn development. Grows...yes, grows stony...no.

At least I had some of the story right, I think.

Stony... interesting... that's a question for Rhizome for certain!
    I had not heard of any inability to produce resins after the graft... huh... doesn't mean it's not true.

it will work, its just very pointless except for looking cool

As I said...I remember hearing about this, but I have no experience with actually doing it.
    Regardless...doesn't seem too practical to me. Would be interested in what it would do for the beer, tho.

misslilly is offline Registered+
    Hello everyone, On the subject of the MJ hops grafting. I have a book called "The Connoisseur's Handbook of Marijuana" by Willaim Daniel Drake Jr. Copyright 1971. A Fireside book, published by Simon and Schuster. It's a really cool book. Has history, old propaganda cartoons, and in chapter 5 " Botany and Cultivation" it has a section on the MJ/hops grafting. It refers to investigations done in the early 40's by the US government, a private foundation in Washington and a major eastern university, in work done for the government as part of the war effortin searching for the strong fiber/no drug hemp plant strain. It goes on to say, the report states that 'Reciprocal grafts were made, at ground level, between...hemp and hops(Humulus Lupulus). Those combinations in which hemp stems were grafted onto hops roots failed, but the combination of hops stems on hemp roots were successful & permitted assays to be made. Hops leaves from these unions were found to contain as much drug as leaves from intact hemp plants, even though leaves from intact hops plants were completely nontoxic. I haven't tried this myself yet but it is on my list of things that I want to do. But it talks about the drug being on the leaves not the hops themselves I would think the beer thing would be out. But if it's on the leaves maybe be able to make Hash with it ? I'm fairly new to growing and I am only on my second year of growing outside. And with my lack of patience not wanting to have to wait until next year I've got a really great wife who has allowed me to start a grow in side. With luck on my side and a few seeds I got out of a friends bag (the seed I have had for my outside grow are not that great, mids at best. the weed from my friend was much better stuff.) I had 3 seeds sprout. One male, one female and one mutant. Both male and female are great looking plants. The female is a fantastic mother plant, lots of shoots for cuttings. I've taken 16 so far and there are many more that I could take now if I wanted. I could probably take 20 more today if I wanted and the plant is only 8 weeks old. I hope to post photo's soon of my grow soon. I could try to post some photo's of the book and the pages on the hops/hemp section if anybody is interested. Let me know and I will try.

Nice...good job misslilly. At least I got half of it semi-correct, lol. I was kidding about the beer, tho. (I have over 10 years of being clean and sober, if you don't count cannabis, caffeine and smokes) Kharma points coming your way.

Thanks Rusty Trichome, Good for you. Clean and sober a little over a year myself. Just got fed up with the drinking and myself when I was. I always liked smoking better anyway. And by know means am I a heavy smoker but a few good puffs at nite (sometimes during the day, just depends on what I have to do) and I'm good. Plus I have back problems and like the though of it's anti-inflamatory properties. Don't know if is only in my head but I do feel better after a few. I'm serious about the possibility of maybe using it for hash. But without having some to look at under my microscope and seeing it I'm not sure if it could be extracted the same way. Maybe someone here might know. I would think it would be on the leaves like the MJ is. And i'm sure like always it would depend on how good the weed is. I've just started trying to make it with leftover weed (I know what everyone is thinking,"what's that") and my last batch came out really good, better than anything i've ever had. I don't want to just make bubble hash. I'm trying to make something that is like old world black hash. Like I told my wife,"something that would be hand pressed by young virgins in some temple in the far or near east". I don't want to make crap, I want to make something to be proud of. Still need to do more research. I have some good photo's of the last one that I am going to try to post sometime soon. But again I'm new here and am just learning my way around the site.

Awesome read misslilly.
    As for the hash, the type of extraction would depend upon whether the 'drug content' was produced in trichomes or within the leaf, in which case it would have to be a solvent extraction.
    Just for giggles, try smoking hops sometime as a 'green screen' for hash, or alone. It's quite simliar to, but gentler than, a sleepy indica strain. Lovely against insomnia.

Hey Stinkyattic, Thanks. I read about the hops/MJ grafting quite a few years ago in this book. Thought about what a stealthy way to produce THC. I could just imagine having this growing around the house and knowone knowing what your real reason for growing it was. "Oh ya, thinking about making my own beer and wanted to grow the hops organtic". Back then I didn't know anything about growing or making hash and I just started studying seriously about 6 month's ago. This was my second year with an outside garden and i'm not the type of person that does things half-ass. If i'm going to do it I want to do it right. After my response to the post I went to E-Bay to look for seeds and read about all the medical uses for hops and how close it was to the cannibis plant, quite fasinating. I've thought the same thing about the "drug content" and where it is or how the plant's produce it. Need to do some research on it (someone must have tried it before i'm sure) and I plan to try it during the next years outdoor growing season. Probably start inside to do the grafting (something i've never tried on any plant) and get them started them move them outside. A couple important factors I would like to find out, Does the quality of the MJ plant matter since you are only using the root system and if the MJ plant is say 15% THC how much of that transfers to the hops plant. It said the hops plants leaves contained as much as the hemps leaves so it makes me think it would. Bummer it's not in relation to the buds. Until I saw that I figured it would be in the fruit of the hops plant. So I guess it wouldn't be so great for smoking the leaves themselves. Only one way to find out for sure I guess. My first thought of making beer wouldn't do any good if there's no THC in them. I like your idea of smoking the hops and will surely try that when I have some. A couple of last thought's, using the leaves for baking and other recipe's in place of MJ. Or maybe making Green Dragon with it. But does it also contain the THCA to be converted like MJ ? Any thought's on this or does anyone out there know ? Oh ya, one more. What is it in the hops themselves that does the trick ? And would it be possible to extract it and make a product like we do with Mj to make hash ? And end up with a more consentrated and cleaner smoke ? Lot's more research to do I guess, I think I should just retire and work on it.
    Last edited by misslilly; Nov-26-2007 at 16:13. Reason: spelling

Not good news for the grafting. Did a quick look this morning and came up with this one.Grafting Hope I got that in here right.

nice link. a pity...

btw, anyone have an actual picture of grafted cannabis??

Doing a quick search I see if I could find a photo I found that Stinkyattic had already posted the info from that link back in Sept. 2006. Sorry for the repeat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast