Thread: Clone straight 12/12

Revanche21 is offline Registered+

Question Clone straight 12/12

Cloning in pure water?

regarding this, what if you put a cut clone directly under a 12/12 cycle?

anyone tried this?

SimonMakus is offline Registered+
    I haven't done it, but why would you ever want to flower an unrooted clone?

Maybe this thread belongs in basic growing, and not in advanced techniques

been reading about 12/12 from seed, was wondering if you could do it with clones

Yup, I gotcha. I suppose it could work, but it would probably take two months. If it's under 12/12 it's concentrating on reproduction.

moneyshotpb is offline Registered+
    If you were growing a production SOG,you might put them into 12/12 as soon as they are rooted.But i dont think it would be very effective when trying to root clones......I could be wrond though

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    12/12 from seed is not a particularly effective way to grow.
    Cloning under 12/12 light is also not going to give you the results you are after, as the plant is already trying to decide what to make of its undifferentiated cells- root, shoot, or flower... put it under dim 24/0 light and TELL it what to do: "MAKE ROOTS!!!"
    Not all strains can be effectively flowered as soon as they are rooted, either. Giving just enough veg time for the new clone to establish itself in whatever medium it will be flowered in will help reduce stress, add root mass, and ultimately, increase yield.

texas grass is offline Registered+
    enough said
    just tryin to live the good life with my friend and wife now its time to and stay and be a
    http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...-dankness.html
    complete guide to mothers clones and trimming roots http://www.cannabase.com/cl/index.html
    these last 2 links have most grow books to read http://greenmanspage.com/guides/ growmoreweed.com

I thought a dark period is required for rooting? wouldn't 18/6 be best? or maybe even 17/7

I've heard debates between people back and forth between 24/0 and 18/6 for vegging, but what about forcing clones to root?

Tell my cuttings that... this is what their homes look like 24/0
    Root nubbies form within a week and actual roots are visible outside the RR plugs by about 10-12 days.
    IMVHO, steady, controllable temperatures are more important than a 'night' period.

Edit: The clones in the first pic are fully rooted, potted-up in small pots, and hardened off. That's why the dome is off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clone straight 12/12-cimg0626.jpg   Clone straight 12/12-cimg0465.jpg  
    Last edited by stinkyattic; May-07-2008 at 11:45.

lol, Stinky, that last pic just looks so barren! I wish I had that much space for cloning!

Rev, if you don't believe her (and it sounds like you do) try it out for yourself. Cloning only requires one tiny light source (I use 23w) so it won't be difficult to separate and buy another $3 bulb. Play with the technique, see what works best for you!

GreenLeaf420 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Tell my cuttings that... this is what their homes look like 24/0
    Root nubbies form within a week and actual roots are visible outside the RR plugs by about 10-12 days.
    IMVHO, steady, controllable temperatures are more important than a 'night' period.

Edit: The clones in the first pic are fully rooted, potted-up in small pots, and hardened off. That's why the dome is off.
    That's a T5 Stink? If so how far away you keeping it? I'm running into a problem I want to set the EZ-Cloner up in my mother room right now I have a 430 in there MH and was going to switch it to the big 1000 HPS to create faster growth the room is big. Temps are a problem now and will be fixed this week. Should I just put it in the corner and don't use Floros or Just get the EZ out of that room and use Floros?
    Last edited by GreenLeaf420; May-07-2008 at 14:20.

The HPS isn't what you'll want for cloning, light intensity aside.
    That's a New Wave T5 placed at 5 1/2 feet above the canopy. Even at that distance, lighting a ~6x8 room, it's more than adequate light.
    Temps will cause serious clone problems. Think of cloning as a race. The plants WILL grow roots eventually or they WILL rot eventually. Which happens first depends on your style. It's a race to get them rooted and into their new homes before they start to rot. High temps speed up fungal growth. Low temps slow down rooting. Get it? The happy medium is where sure, fungus COULD grow, but you cleaned the dome or cloner well enough to give yourself the 2-3 weeks you need for rooting before it sets in.

I would either put the EZ in a shaded corner, if you can control temps, or stuff it in a spare closet under 1 or 2 Ott lights or a CFL, where you know the temps are stable. My T5 fixture is way overkill for most cloning applications; I usually use it to start seedlings and would stick a 4' shop light in the same spot instead when it's tied up elsewhere. But it's not the seedling time of year any more, lol.

NaughtyDreadz is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    The HPS isn't what you'll want for cloning, light intensity aside.
    That's a New Wave T5 placed at 5 1/2 feet above the canopy. Even at that distance, lighting a ~6x8 room, it's more than adequate light.
    Temps will cause serious clone problems. Think of cloning as a race. The plants WILL grow roots eventually or they WILL rot eventually. Which happens first depends on your style. It's a race to get them rooted and into their new homes before they start to rot. High temps speed up fungal growth. Low temps slow down rooting. Get it? The happy medium is where sure, fungus COULD grow, but you cleaned the dome or cloner well enough to give yourself the 2-3 weeks you need for rooting before it sets in.

I would either put the EZ in a shaded corner, if you can control temps, or stuff it in a spare closet under 1 or 2 Ott lights or a CFL, where you know the temps are stable. My T5 fixture is way overkill for most cloning applications; I usually use it to start seedlings and would stick a 4' shop light in the same spot instead when it's tied up elsewhere. But it's not the seedling time of year any more, lol.
    When I get my dream house back home in brazil, could I pay you to set up my growspace... jeez lady, did you go to weed college, damn!?!

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyDreadz View Post
    jeez lady, did you go to weed college, damn!?!
    UMass. They might as well be one and the same.