Cannabis.com

Thread: dry box?

should is offline Registered+

dry box?

hey, im not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, but i wanted to dry my harvest but still have a place to grow, so i bought a rubbermaid tub, a fan, and fishing line. then i cut a hole in the sides of the rubbermaid contianer (1 the size of the fan and the other smaller) and hung fishing line at the top, then im gonna put tarp over it and hang the buds on the fishing line and put the fan in the hole. i think i read about it somewhere online. my question is, will it be as effective as hangin bud in a closet to dry? is there anything i should change or look out for? ill post some pics if u anybody wants to see them

thanks in advance for the responses

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Mcnizzlebery is offline Registered+
    I heard your not supposed to put direct air movement on them as they are drying. Maybe put a small fan at the bottom of the box so there is fresh air but its not hitting the nugs. Mabey that will help.
    Judas, must you betray me with a kiss?
    http://www.arborday.org/index.cfm

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Use the fan as an EXTRACTOR, blowing OUT of the box- just like your real grow area!
    If you live in a humid area, I have found that a small CFL creates just enough warmth to drop the %RH factor in your drying chamber and prevent mold. I'm running one in my closet as an experiment and have been quite happy with it.

rhizome is offline Registered+
    Ya might wanna stick a filter on that fan- drying boxes can really stink the joint up.
    I assume you understand that we have options on your time,
    And we will ditch you in the harbour if we must-
    But if it all works out nicely,
    You'll get the bonus you deserve
    From doctors we trust.

should is offline Registered+
    Alright, thanks for the help. i will switch that around tonight.

medigrower is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Use the fan as an EXTRACTOR, blowing OUT of the box- just like your real grow area!
    If you live in a humid area, I have found that a small CFL creates just enough warmth to drop the %RH factor in your drying chamber and prevent mold. I'm running one in my closet as an experiment and have been quite happy with it.
    where is the cfl light in relation to the buds drying? does light effect bud when drying?

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    the only point of the light is to add a small amount of heat with very little electric output- an incandescent would work fine too but might get TOO warm. Anywhere not in contact with the buds or box will do. That small amount of light is insignificant; direct sunlight is too much and may break down your psychoactives, but a CFL won't do squat.
    Check the humidity in the box and make sure it's below 50%.

DaMasterKush is offline Registered
    What percent of humidity is to low for curing??? I checked on mine and it's about 30%...

I know it's good to be under 50% but is 30% to low and will they dry to fast???