Cannabis.com

Thread: how long should it take to turn a sativa bud purple?

hydrocannabis is offline Registered+

how long should it take to turn a sativa bud purple?

how long should it take to turn a sativa bud purple?
    the temps have been in the low to mid 70s with the 9 cfl 23 watt lights on.
    and I don't know what the temps R at night cuz I don't look in there cuz she is in flowering cycle.and I don't want her to turn hermmie.

thankds for ur info on this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how long should it take to turn a sativa bud purple?-fg.jpg   how long should it take to turn a sativa bud purple?-my-plant-2006-058321.jpg   how long should it take to turn a sativa bud purple?-my-plant-2006-049.jpg  

how long should it take to turn a sativa bud purple?-my-plant-2006-050.jpg  
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ing-dwc-4.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...hese-look.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...row-log-3.html

You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got and remember what you had.Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret. PEOPLE CHANGE, THINGS GO WRONG, but just remember life goes on.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

LuciferN is offline Registered+

Lower temps

What strain is it ?
    It not all sativa that turn purple... The color often appear when the plant is growing with lower temps, if it not a strain with any purple.
    Really good call on not going peak out in you're flowering room !
    Maybe someone else know more about this...
    This is my new dream
    My old dream
    This is Only A Fiction, with some pictures directly from my mind via USB 3.0 !

It is bag seed from some mids I got once.

You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got and remember what you had.Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret. PEOPLE CHANGE, THINGS GO WRONG, but just remember life goes on.

LuciferN is offline Registered+
    Well don't expect them to turn purple unless it starting to get cold in you're area, something I doubt. Even in my north cannabis land it not getting cold... How far are you in the flowering ? I'll check the updates !
    This is my new dream
    My old dream
    This is Only A Fiction, with some pictures directly from my mind via USB 3.0 !

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Only genetically purple plants can turn purple.
    Why worry about purple when you should be worrying about your overfert problem and why your plants look root bound?

I will be soooooo happy when this 'purple infatuation' craze passes ... it's raised street prices to ridiculous levels, and ignores 'pot basics' ... good luck with your plants, though

jrleister is offline Registered+
    what dose root bound mean? stinkyattic iv hered the term before but am yet to here about any thing that causes it or in fact what its doing that messis with the ending product

SunnyD is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by jrleister View Post
    what dose root bound mean? stinkyattic iv hered the term before but am yet to here about any thing that causes it or in fact what its doing that messis with the ending product
    "Root bound" is the definition of when the plants roots run out of space to grow and effectively choke of a large portion of the "root ball". This effects the health of the plant severely, meaning it will most likely kill the plant depending on how big the plant itself is.
    FAVORITE QUOTES

Whatever Is Good And Perfect Comes To Us From God Above, Who Created All Heavens - James 1:17 (i.e. - Pot )

"Never Argue With An Idiot, They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience"

"Happiness Is Not A Destination, It Is a Method Of Life" - Burton Hills

It's been one of those days so I may be ... either way I'm ... but I can't forget that I'm ... but I look like ...

I Just Love These

Chronisseur is offline Registered+
    Not even many 'Purps' out there worth smokin if ya axe me. Only advantage IMO to a purple plant is camo for an outdoor application.

...and like Reaper said; prices on purps are fuckin WHACKED! Bag appeal is over rated.

slacker8487 is offline Registered
    Its been awhile since anyone commented on this. But for everyone to know in the future, you CAN turn almost any cannabis plant purple. It's simple the last 3 weeks of flowering just strave the plant of Nitrogen. I see it all the time. Home-grown regs, that have been starved of nitrogen, turn purple and people trying to sell it off at $60 an 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker8487 View Post
    Its been awhile since anyone commented on this. But for everyone to know in the future, you CAN turn almost any cannabis plant purple. It's simple the last 3 weeks of flowering just strave the plant of Nitrogen. I see it all the time. Home-grown regs, that have been starved of nitrogen, turn purple and people trying to sell it off at $60 an 8th.
    You see it all the time...? Hardly likely, as your statement is less than accurate. Curious...where do you get your info? Nitrogen is restricted thruout the flower cycle. According to this...all of my plants should be purple.

The only way I've ever seen a non purple strain show purple is thru phosphorus deficiency, or micronute/heavy metals overdose...which is nothing to strive for.
    For those interested...purple offers nothing to cannabis flavor or quality...period. It's just a 'marketable' color.

The plant has to be capable of even producing a red or purple pigment to show purple, even under severe deficiencies. The reason N def often brings on purple coloration is that N def means breakdown of chlorophyll, and the absence of GREEN pigment allows OTHER pigments (purple, red, yellow) to show through. Like fall trees. Sugar maples turn bright red. Norway maples under the same conditions just turn yellow.

[QUOTE=stinkyattic;1931400]The plant has to be capable of even producing a red or purple pigment to show purple QUOTE]

U mean like in this other plant I have outdoors.I can see a little bit of purple in the hairs on her.

so does this mean that she might turn purple?
    anyway I am over and done with trying to tund my plants buds purple.

if it just happen to turn purple then that cool but I ain't expecting it to happen.

sheet now days I'll be happy with my finished product as long as they turn out a good smoke.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how long should it take to turn a sativa bud purple?-my-plant-2006-004.jpg   how long should it take to turn a sativa bud purple?-jh.jpg   how long should it take to turn a sativa bud purple?-jh321.jpg  

Hells yeah, there ya go- pink pistils. Very pretty. Your outdoor plants have been looking great lately, too. I don't know if pink in the pistils is indicative of pink on other parts of the plant, but they still look very cool.

slacker8487 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome View Post
    You see it all the time...? Hardly likely, as your statement is less than accurate. Curious...where do you get your info? Nitrogen is restricted thruout the flower cycle. According to this...all of my plants should be purple.

The only way I've ever seen a non purple strain show purple is thru phosphorus deficiency, or micronute/heavy metals overdose...which is nothing to strive for.
    For those interested...purple offers nothing to cannabis flavor or quality...period. It's just a 'marketable' color.
    Well maybe I'm completely wrong, and maybe the plants had too high nutes, or we're too cold. But I'm pretty sure nitrogen def., can do it as well. And I'm definately not saying its anything to strive for. Unless you enjoy trying to grow unhealthy plants.

What I meant by saying I see it all the time. I mean people trying to sell "shwag" bud that's purple for outragous prices.

wishpotwaslegal is offline Registered+
    mine turnd purple because they were very cold so if you want purple give her cold temps for a week or two then she will be purple!

Quote Originally Posted by wishpotwaslegal View Post
    mine turnd purple because they were very cold so if you want purple give her cold temps for a week or two then she will be purple!
    No, yours turned purple because it has 'purple' genetics. Cooler temps will help trigger the change, but it's not the cause of it turning purple.

As stinky said...it has to have the ability to change into it's fall colors, before it can do so.

youngtrader9689 is offline Registered
    dont worry about color beef those buds up they are stringy

Quote Originally Posted by youngtrader9689 View Post
    dont worry about color beef those buds up they are stringy
    Might want to focus your responses to posts that are still active.
    My guess is that they were harvested last year.

Would sure love to see your buds though, since you seem to be good at judging other's plants. Granted, giving other growers advise is empowering, but if all you want to do is criticize other members hard work...then likely you should know what you are talking about, first.