Thread: Use 11 hours in flower ?

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+

Use 11 hours in flower ?

Anyone ever experimented with going down to 11 hours in the flower room? If so, what were your findings?
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

TANKJR is offline Registered+
    Hey WW! I kinda have, but not for an entire flowering period...on my last grow I played with the lights somewhat...24/0 of darkness for one day at the beginning of flowering (right when I was switching to "12/12"), then for two weeks I went to 11/13, then 12/12 for two weeks and finally to 13/11 (first number being the "on" time)and then 24 hours of total dark and cut....I would like to tell you I noticed a difference, but I did not notice any at all. Actually what I did was not a valid experiment, because I changed other things in the grow also, like adding molasses. My reasoning for this was I was led to believe that buds need the most light you can get to them ( I also trimmed and staked this grow to get all buds all the light I could, further corrupting the outcome)) and still keep them in flower mode...that's why I was ramping up the on time, instead of your Thai which you are ramping down (your still going down right?) The 11 hours on during flower would seem to contradict what I was told by a very experienced indoor grower that 13 on is better than 12 on, but if your not doing this ramping down on the thai, why would you? Just curious... JC seems to still think buds need the most light you can get on the plants buds during flower and still keep them in flower to maximize bud size. I guess this calls for another experiment....yee haaa!
    No matter where I go....there I am! It never ceases to amaze me!

"'Scuse me, while I kiss the sky..." Jimi Hendrix

I'm so old, I can remember buying "lids" of weed for $10 and it had nothing to do with weight or jars, it was just as much as you could cram into a sandwich bag...Me

VOTE TO LEGALIZE INDUSTRIAL HEMP!
    VOTE TO LEGALIZE MEDICAL MARIJUANA!
    Not everybody has legal access yet!

Stomper420 is offline Registered+
    WW, I put my girls under 11/13 for a few weeks so they finish faster. Thats all it does
    Smoke, fish, smoke fish in that order. Gotta love the great outdoors!

U too medicated to see that fish?

My first indoor grow2010
    http://boards.cannabis.com/outdoor-g...-only-one.htmllDone smoked it all!![/url]

Gatekeeper777 is offline Registered+

Cool

I have been told that 11 hours of light will just put a little more stress on the plants and cause them to flower faster. However it will reduce over all yield. 12/12 is best but 13 on 11 off will work but take longer to finish out.' I was also told anything under 8 will cause Hermie.
    I have not tried it. However I was told that 8 hours on for the last week will milk every last drop of THC from her veins. I will try it in 6 more weeks to see if it makes a difference.
    I do not condone the illegal use of any substance. I do not grow marijuana however the posts I place here are for informational purposes only nothing more nothing less.

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    Well ya, the reason is the ramping down on the thai. It is now below 12/12 and there is only enough room for the younglings to get used to the shorter time, kind of using spare room. But the main flower room is 12/12 and I don't like the idea of multiple adjusts other than a daily continuance in the same direction. I do not want to hurry things and suffer any ill effects. I guess better to go below the 12 and come back up suddenly rather than a bunch of changes which could cause nanners.
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

TANKJR is offline Registered+
    Yea, I agree....keep doing the baby steps whatever direction you go...you don't want it to herm now. Are you going to keep ramping down to 11 on? It sounds like Stompers did ok at 11 on....I always do things bass ackwards...LOL!
    No matter where I go....there I am! It never ceases to amaze me!

"'Scuse me, while I kiss the sky..." Jimi Hendrix

I'm so old, I can remember buying "lids" of weed for $10 and it had nothing to do with weight or jars, it was just as much as you could cram into a sandwich bag...Me

VOTE TO LEGALIZE INDUSTRIAL HEMP!
    VOTE TO LEGALIZE MEDICAL MARIJUANA!
    Not everybody has legal access yet!

canniwhatsis is offline Registered+
    Personally I think it's more strain relative. Far Northern or far southern strains will react quicker to the change in light cycle, since there is less time to finish off, or in nature breed and insure the next generation.

MOST strains seem to be bred from genetics near or north of the tropic of cancer..... so bear that in mind.
    Last edited by canniwhatsis; Feb-12-2011 at 21:10.
    I'm not a botanist but I play one on the internet!

All posts by this user should be considered fictional and are for entertainment use only.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

If any posts made by this user are considered offensive please un-read them