Thread: Secrets to best Mother plants, clones, cuttings?

vince4750 is offline Registered

Secrets to best Mother plants, clones, cuttings?

I am fairly new. Just had my 1st harvest which turned out pretty good. But now I'd like to master the Mother plant, cuttings and clones.

What do you use, how much do you feed, etc...

I also heard that before taking cuttings from a mother plant you need to leach it from Nitrogen for a few days, is this true?

Any tips, ideas, secrets would be GREATLY appreciated.

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    Well this has many facets. Myself I don't keep a "mother" per se, but I clone as the plant gets close to being ready to flower. Once I have roots the "mother" can go to the flower room. I have a plant count I have to stay in and this works for me, because I don't have to keep a designated "mother" that sits there and takes up space, time, money, soil, nutes, etc. I have many different species and it is the only way with the plant count that I could even begin to do that.
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

rattlingdags is offline Registered+
    I can't recommend reading through this article highly enough - its a must read for anyone starting out with a Mum. Click on the link in the first post and it opens to the article: All about bonsai Mums!
    Happy growing
    Disclaimer: Everything I write is simply virtual roleplaying. Life is but a play, so lets play.

canniwhatsis is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by rattlingdags View Post
    I can't recommend reading through this article highly enough - its a must read for anyone starting out with a Mum. Click on the link in the first post and it opens to the article: All about bonsai Mums!
    Happy growing
    +1!

Another good read starts here.
    Let the cloning begin
    I'm not a botanist but I play one on the internet!

All posts by this user should be considered fictional and are for entertainment use only.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

If any posts made by this user are considered offensive please un-read them