Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing for a dispensary

27Drel27 is offline Registered+

Growing for a dispensary

I was wondering when prop203 passes if I can just grow for a dispensary without having to open one up?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

themarijuanaman is offline Registered

Question Answered.

Yes. You must get a letter of authorization from 1 Dispensary. The letter will authorize you to grow for that dispensary only. would like your contact info if you know what you are doing.

medicineguy is offline Registered+
    Interesting discussion. I've also wondered about how this process works. Any information would be much appreciated!

thegreenleafaz is offline Registered
    Also, as a patient of a dispensary, you may give them meds and they may reimburse you for your costs (i.e. a donation).

I am familiar with medicinal marijuana and was a cardholder and grower in MI. Looking to get involved in AZ...contact me if interested

Thumbs up Lets get things going

I have been growing for 13 years (many of harvest). Using D.W.C., wick systems (earthbox w/ soilless), soil, and home made aero/nft systems. I try to keep it as organic and as simple as possible. I love growing cannabis and would love to make a career, that is legal, out of a commercial size grow-op.

Overhead cost

Plus I don't want to pay all the overhead a non-profit dispensary has to spend.

A read something about the costs of starting a dispensary and it was way more than I had thought.

Question Hash to Dispensary?

Does anyone know if we will be able to get or sell hash to the medical marijuana dispensaries? Or will it be like Canada were they have to throw out their trim and cannot dispense hash?

You could also save the choice trimmings to make cannabis tinctures. Tinctures are a good choice for people who don't want to smoke/vape or eat all the sugar and fat that is in most consumables that makes that grassy flavor just a little more pleasant.

Thumbs up Good looking out medicineguy

That is a good idea thanks. Do you still have to separate the tricomes from the trim or buds before you make the tincture? I have never made or used cannabis tinctures before, any information would be much appreciated.

Tinctures

There are different methods to extraction, hot or cold, usually using grain alcohol. I would imagine that they would be rather 'earthy' tasting but you also get all of the botanical compounds that might lost through smoking or cooking, like baking.

iWhiteWall is offline Registered
    I was also wondering something along these lines..it says that you cant grow if you live 25 miles from a club. But if you are growing solely for a clinic (you have the letter of authorization) do you not have to follow that rule also would you be able to grow more then 12 plants since your being a vendor for a clinic, you wouldn't be able to bring in much weight at once if that was the case.
    Last edited by iWhiteWall; Nov-17-2010 at 00:39.

aharding7 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by themarijuanaman View Post
    Yes. You must get a letter of authorization from 1 Dispensary. The letter will authorize you to grow for that dispensary only. would like your contact info if you know what you are doing.
    I am interested in being a grower for a dispencery in AZ. What contact info do you need? Do you have a dispencery?

REALFACTS is offline Registered

Cool THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE LAW BEFORE ASKING IF YOU CAN GROW FOR A DISPENSARY!!! YOU WILL HAVE TO BE A "DISPENSARY AGENT" AND BE GRANTED PERMISSION FROM THE ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH. THEY WILL NOT START ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL APRIL. AZ Department of Health Services: Proposition 203 IS THE LINK TO FIND THE REAL INFO EVERYONE WANTS DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT OTHERS SAY FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!

GreenZone is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by 27Drel27 View Post
    Plus I don't want to pay all the overhead a non-profit dispensary has to spend.

27Drel27 contact me, im working on starting a dispensary and could use the help and your knowledge.

nazman is offline Registered

Want to grow?

It is important to read and know the new Arizona MM Law. People interested in growing. The rules are you must be 25 miles from a dispensary to grow for yourself. The plan is to have these dispensary's equally spread across the state. That will eliminate 99% of people growing their own.
    The good news is these rules are not in stone yet. The ADHS is doing the initial informal draft of rules 12-17-10 They are asking for public comment on these rules 12-17 to 1-7-11
    If you are interested to grow your own then you must be proactive and get as many people interested to also do so.
    Here is the site
    AZ Department of Health Services: Proposition 203

nazman

Thanks for the information but was it necessary to post the exact information three times? How about contributing to the discussion with some insights and original content?

asudevil is offline Registered

Arrow ALL growers PLEASE contact me!

Hey everyone. My partner and I have the funding and litigation lined up to open a dispensary if our application gets approved in April. We will be looking for some growers that would like to create great & long-lasting relationships with us. Please contact me with your email. Thanks!

nazman is offline Registered

medicineguy

Sorry medicineguy, couldn't add anything to the discussion, my only experience with extractions is with Ayahuasca.
    I Thought the importance of growing our own was worthy of posting multiple times.

contact info

I don't know how to contact some of you, because your email is not on your page. So if you would like to get a hold of me here is my contact information:
    darrel.tpocc@gmail.com or darreld27@aol.com

An easy way to get ahold of me is on AIM. I'm usually on if I'm online here...

Overhead

Here is an idea of the things you will have pay for to open a dispensary:
    1). Legal Compliance: Licenses and certificates
    2). Taxes
    3). Insurance
    4). Security
    5). Member Services
    6). Rent: for the dispensary and for a commercial size grow-opp
    7). Utilities: it takes a lot of electricity and water for a big operation.
    8). Grow parts: rooms for diff. stages of growth, reverse osmosis water system, nutrients, mediums, systems, lights, fans (vent, intake, and for hot spots to keep the leaves moving), pH control (up and down) and meters, E.C. and/or T.D.S. meters, odor control, temp & humidity control (in Arizona you need a lot of air conditioning to keep a stable 78degrees), and you have to make all the rooms reflective for good light distribution.
    9). Quality control: Make sure the product your giving patients is mold and disease free, free of pesticides, flushed properly, and perfectly cured.
    10). Payroll: your employees got to get paid.
    11). packaging
    + a lot more in lawyer fees and what not. Do you still want to open up a dispensary?

Great info. I'm sure some people think that its going to be like California or Colorado where there are some really sketchy storefronts.

GreenZone is offline Registered
    I don't know how to contact some of you, because your email is not on your page. So if you would like to get a hold of me here is my contact information:
    darrel.tpocc@gmail.com or darreld27@aol.com
    Just sent you an email.

azmedgardens is offline Registered

Join Az Growers CO-OP

I was wondering when prop203 passes if I can just grow for a dispensary without having to open one up?
    I am sure you know the answer to this, NO, Please do not grow for anyone yet! The laws will be set real soon and you most likely will be a caregiver, if you can not meet the criteria to be a dispensary, ( this is something the Az Health Depart will determine soon),but care givers will be able to grow for 5 patients, 12 plants per patient. Currently we are working with the people who are responsible for getting the bill on the books, and there will be more information very soon.
    Visit our web site in the weeks to come , and we will explain in detail the rules and regulations regarding the new law. But if you grow anything in Arizona right now its a felony and you will go to jail, just be patient..

Peace,

Az. Medical Marijuana Growers Association

azmmga.com
    azmedicalmarijuanagardens.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast