Thread: Websites that show different stages of maturity?

razzapiggy is offline Registered+

Websites that show different stages of maturity?

I am about three days from harvest, just got my 30X microscope today...so I'll be taking a look at the plants at six when the lights go on.

Does anyone have a website that shows the different stages of maturity? From what I understand if you want an "up" high, you want to harvest when the glands turn milky... right? If you want a more sedative high, couch lock, you want to wait for at least 50% to be amber...right? Anyone got a website that shows these types of things?

I definitely want to harvest some a bit early for that "up" high ....able to smoke during the day etc. I will wait and harvest some of them a bit later for that couch lock type of high. I am growing Sour Diesel FYI
    Let the good times roll!!

Just found this... pretty sweet pictures!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/attachmen...en-harvest.jpg

I am growing a Sativa... but I kind of like that up and happy high that people talk about. Should I be switching over to an indica if that's what I enjoy? I always thought indicas were the couch lock...right?

Tokudai is offline Registered+
    Generally, sativas are more up/cereberal strains.grow. Couple that with an earlier harvest to get the most "head high". A late harvested indica is what you are looking for if you wanna be sedated.
    We CAN stamp out Glaucoma in our lifetime

Yeah, not always a huge fan of the couch lock pot. Sometimes for sure it's nice, but in general I prefer to be able to function while smoking.

JackdaWack is offline Registered+
    yeah im gonna be harvesting my B.B. earlier then amber tri's
    I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that your not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin

We don't have rights, it's just that simple.

The best way to accomplish anything is through education.

Smoke WEEED

Just clipped a piece of herb off the plants (seems like the easiest way to get a real good look) I am using a 30X eye piece, and most of them appear cloudy. I spotted a few amber ones, but not many at all. It's hard for me to isolate the trichomes as well as the pictures above, so sometimes it's a tad hard to tell. It also appears some of the heads on the trichomes are more swollen than others, is that a sign of something? I think these bitches have a few days to go...

Yeah, I hear ya Jack. I am thinking of cutting one today though, because my room mate really enjoys the clear high, where you can still function. As long as I see alot of cloudy tri's, and a few amber, the plant should be pretty potent still right?

Tokudai is offline Registered+
    ^^ Yep.. Since this is the first time you have run this strain, cutting one every few days or so would be a great way to judge when you have what you are looking for - then if you are running from clones, you'll know when your preference is for next time
    We CAN stamp out Glaucoma in our lifetime

Well, the kid I got the clones said he finds 65 days is just about perfect for him. I am on day 63 right now... so I wonder if they will cloud/amber up alot more in the next two days so they are ready to chop? I am considering taking one down for the room mate who prefers the type of "up" bud tonight..but we will see.

Just took a peek in there, very few amber glands... only spotted a few really. Most of them different degrees of cloudy, with some even appearing more on the clear side than milky side.

I am 63 days in, and my buddy said he finds 65 does the trick, I am curious if he cuts them a bit early (he is out of town) Do the glands turn from milky to amber somewhat quickly?

I have cut flowering nutes out for the past few days, using only my ending nute, wondering if I maybe pushed them over a tad quickly. Just figured my buddy who has been growing the strain for a better part of a year would know.

Another buddy of mine said he found in a book Sour Diesel takes as much as seventy days, which means I am jumping the gun a tad. I have clipped some pieces off, and dried them in the micro, definitely gets you pretty darn high. Just trying to be patient and let the majority of the bud get as potent as possible, while taking down or two a tad early so it's not as much of a couch lock. Has anyone grown Sour Diesel (not NYCSD) and could tell me how long theirs took

Does the 50% amber glands rule before harvesting apply to long flowering Sativas as much as your typical Indica? I have read in several places that letting the glands go to 50% amber kind of ruins the point of a Sativa (more up high, not as much couch lock) Any opinions appreciated. I am still a few days away either way, not many amber glands, but I am thinking of harvesting when I see around 20% amber instead of your typical 50%