Thread: using a fan durning flowering

using a fan durning flowering

Do you need to fan your plants durning flowering?

orangeman is offline Banned
    If the room is hot yes. They could help.

harris7 is offline Registered+
    well, you need to
    1) keep the temps in check
    2) exchange the air in the room (bringing in new air)
    3) circulate the air around the leafs

-the last one...
    you need fans just moving air around because the plant will quickly use up the Co2 that is around the leaf.

so I would only need the fan to cool down the temp? I plan to veg outdoor then flower indoor.

uzybear is offline Registered+
    it's a good thing. more air is always good. the standard setup would be to have an intake and exhaust system, and also have an oscillating fan in the grow room: like mentioned above it brings more co2 to the plant, and it also has the effect of strengthening the plant: if you stress a plant by creating "wind" then it will react by becoming stronger

you have to make do with your situation though; there are always ideals

me, i may be able to work out a good intake but perhaps no exhaust. i'll certainly have an oscillating fan in my flower room; really, i should have an exhaust, but as long as temps stay ok, it will be alright; my flower room walls will be just plastic so that's better at letting heat out than solid walls

just monitor your stuff and make what adjustments you can to help the little guys; you can't plan it all from the start necessarily

but remember: air is good! as long as you don't have gail force winds blowing your plants down, more air is always good

well umm one of my main reason for asking was if I didnt use a fan durning 12 12 would I still get the same amount of yield?

evlme2 is offline Registered+
    Dude, the answer to your ? is YES, you need a fan during flowering. Anytime you grow indoors you NEED A FAN. For all the reasons eveybody has given you and then some, you need a fan.

madeline is offline Registered+
    Of course! But it's not for blowing on the leaves but rather for the roots. Keep your fan tilted down towards them instead of the leaves. Leaves can handle the heat; just ask any desert outdoor grower who has dealt with temps above the 1-teens! But it's important that the roots stay cool. Plus moving around the leaves/limbs creates more smell. The less the plants are shaken up the less odor to deal with...

And keep in mind all a fan does is move the air. If all you have is hot air then that's all that will be moved.
    Last edited by madeline; Apr-05-2007 at 18:15.

uzybear is offline Registered+
    wow, thanks; that's very helpful info; i'll take that to heart

Duke420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by harris7 View Post
    well, you need to
    1) keep the temps in check
    2) exchange the air in the room (bringing in new air)
    3) circulate the air around the leafs

-the last one...
    you need fans just moving air around because the plant will quickly use up the Co2 that is around the leaf.
    the last one is the most important. I have my wall mount fan blowing on my light and the leaves, straight for my exhaust w/carbon. My intake fan brings in nice cool air at the bottom of the room to cool the roots. keeps my room in the mid seventies.

gl

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    yes.
    not just one.
    I prefer multiple smallish fans placed strategically around the grow area to move 'used' moist, CO2-poor air towards the exhaust, and keep a constant air movement around the plants, including low down among the pots where dieases can hide.

Dutch Pimp is online now Registered+
    ...another method is to pump A/C air into grow room/closet....using dryer duct hose (4 inch)...attach to the central air floor opening...(cardboard box, over opening, hose attached to box- the other end blowing between light and top of plants)...it works in the winter time (for heat) too....

I could control heat and humidity with the thermostat......using a battery digital thermometer (one that records high/low readings) at various places around the plants........enjoy....