Thread: Growing 6 plants in one pot

Chiefing Chef is offline Registered

Growing 6 plants in one pot

Im growing 6 plants in one pot (incase you couldnt tell )

I wanted to try something new, i dont know what is going to happen. Im guessing that ill get unlucky and a few of them will be male.

anyone else every try growing more then one plant in one pot?

im talking about 1 ft in diameter pot, they are all close together, but the depth of the pot is like 1 ft.

oh, and half the seeds are okay regs, and the other are great regs

hydrocannabis is offline Registered+
    yes I did. here is a pic of mine close to harvest time.
    I had 3 females in 1 pot. the pot was 1 foot wide and 1 1/2 feet deep.

and they were under 6 clf lights with a small fan blowing on them.

and as you can see they were tied down and flowered early in there growth.

hope this some.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Growing 6 plants in one pot-my%2520plant%25202006%252002012332321.jpg  
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ing-dwc-4.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...hese-look.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...row-log-3.html

You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got and remember what you had.Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret. PEOPLE CHANGE, THINGS GO WRONG, but just remember life goes on.

BwiseLegalize is offline Registered+
    well now that I see that pic, hell go ahead then man!

Have fun haha I've always been told/read 1 pot per plant, but if it works, hell go for it

Last edited by BwiseLegalize; Jun-22-2007 at 18:58.

Chiefing Chef is offline Registered
    Sweet, Hydrocannabis, i was thinking i might just let the males grow out and let them polinate the females, so i can have a seed producing plant. but then again, i might just snip the males if i can catch them

hydrocannabis is offline Registered+
    hey BwiseLegalize did you even see mine. while its not 6 plants in 1 pot. it maybe only 3 plants It was enought weed for me and it was some of the best bud I had ever had.

It may be hard to do but it is possable to do. cuz I did.
    Last edited by hydrocannabis; Jun-22-2007 at 19:02.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ing-dwc-4.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...hese-look.html

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...row-log-3.html

You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got and remember what you had.Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret. PEOPLE CHANGE, THINGS GO WRONG, but just remember life goes on.

rhizome is offline Registered+
    It's easy to do- but not a great idea.

A.) One plant will often choke out the rest.
    B.) Your females could have been growing a lot faster in veg if those males weren't in the way.
    C.) When you do pull the male, you'll have to leave the root system, which will then rot in your soil, stressing your flowering girls and opening up an avenue for bacterial wilts.
    D.) If your females mature at differant rates, which they will, you can't feed each plant as it needs- you have to give them all the same thing.

Other than that, it'll work fine.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Quote Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    Other than that, it'll work fine.
    lol that's quite the caveat...

One plant per pot. Those 3 in one pot would have looked a lot better given individual homes.

I'd like to add to rhizome's list...
    For proper container growing, you have to transplant a couple times- it's a pain in the everlovin' ASS to transplant a pot that has multiple plants in it. Also, you can't move them around to take advantage of the light.

The Green Reaper is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    lol that's quite the caveat...

One plant per pot. Those 3 in one pot would have looked a lot better given individual homes.

I'd like to add to rhizome's list...
    For proper container growing, you have to transplant a couple times- it's a pain in the everlovin' ASS to transplant a pot that has multiple plants in it. Also, you can't move them around to take advantage of the light.
    Why would you need to transplant more than once?

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    Even if you get lucky n get 5 females ,
    You cut the male = it's roots die and rot = so do the 5 females roots , then what ?
    Crispi

sorta like fartin' in a hot tub full of friends

twoguysupnorth is offline Registered+
    too funny, farting in a hot tub full of friends. its not a great idea, but ive done it as well(4 plants in a pot, not farting) i ended up with a male and cut it out with no problems, but stinky is right again. a single plant in a pot produces the same or more than 3 in a pot. live and learn.
    aint she pretty?

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    You need to transplant a couple times to optimize use of light and soil space.
    Smaller pots can be crowded under a light to make a continuous canopy and not lose light to the soil surface. For those of us who veg under flouros, it's important to be able to move the pots to keep within that 2" sweet spot undert he tube.
    Another reason is the way that a plant grows its roots. They will pretty much continue to spread until the pot is full... if the pot is too big for the plant, it can be seen as a waste of energy. If you plant a seed in a big pot and don't transplant, the plant will STILL become rootbound.
    Personally, I transplant at least twice- 3" to 4" to 12" and flower right after the final transplant. I've also done an intermediate repot into 1 gallon pots before the 12", and transplant DURING flower (not as bad for the plant as you might think). The way it's timed, the roots are starting to tangle around the inside corners of the pot and it makes transplanting really easy, having that dense root ball to hold the soil together.