Thread: Is this bud ready for harvest?

Cannabis476 is offline Registered+

TheGanjaKing420 is offline Registered+
    The only way to be 100% certain is to get a jewelers loupe (basically a magnifying glass that can be focused and has a light on it) that magnifies at least 30X. I just bought a new one that does 60X to 100X and find that 100 is way too close but 60 is perfect. I personally think its better than the 30 but I'm pretty much blind as a bat so its what ever works for you. Either way, you will want to harvest ideally when 100% of the trichomes are cloudy. Some people will argue over this, and again, its all about personal preference. some people go 80% cloudy, 20% amber for a more couchlock stone, but just remember, an amber trichome is one that is past its peak.

Will what you have there get you blazed now? most likely yes, but the type of stone you get could vary greatly.

thanks for your help i am glad someone responded, i am pretty sure they are all cloudy... does the pic tell anybody anything?

good advice above ... from what it looks like from here, I would say you have another couple weeks to go, IF the trichomes are as clear as they seem in the photo (decision will have to be yours, as you are there with the plants) ... nice work ...
    Last edited by the image reaper; Sep-20-2007 at 16:16.

Forwhat420 is offline Registered+
    outside or in? i would let it go about 2 more weeks. i like to be stuck though. numbing is good for me

Delta9Haze420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper View Post
    good advice above ... from what it looks like from here, I would say you have another couple weeks to go, IF the trichomes are as clear as they seem in the photo (decision will have to be yours, as you are there with the plants) ... nice work ...
    Ditto - reap is right on. They look a little too clear, wait till they cloud over a week or two more, or even a few turn slightly amber...
    (−)-(6aR,10aR)-6,6,9-trimethyl-3-pentyl-6a,7,8,10a-tetrahydro-6H-benzo[c]chromen-1-ol

All information posted under this account is purely hypothetical and intended for educational use only.

Be wary of those who believe in a neat little world, its just f*cking crazy you know that it is. Walking along in a haze of confusion sometimes I can laugh, but at times takes all my strength to take the next step but I will till I drop the devil to his knees.

thanks for your help im going to get a magnifine something asap

I would give it another week or two assuming the trichs are clear. If you haven't already stop feeding it nutes, give it only PH adjusted water and molasses if you have it.

highallthetime is offline Registered+
    i will defnetly let them grow a little more , if u want to smoke some dry a nug or two and then compare to the ones you cut next week or so. That way you can compare and learn when they are ready.

just get a powerful magnifying glass, or microscope, and look at your trichomes ... by the time you dry, and try to compare smoke, time has passed, and your opinion will be variable, to say the least ... good luck ...

ok well i just smoked a bong of it, just one bong about .3 gram... and well it worked really well and it is a "head" high not as much to the body part... this is probobly because it was picked to early, right? im not sure how long it will last yet but it should last a while...

lamin111 is offline Registered
    Looking at his pics, the fifth one down, are the "White Strands" sticking out at the top the trichs?

Delta9Haze420 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by lamin111 View Post
    Looking at his pics, the fifth one down, are the "White Strands" sticking out at the top the trichs?
    Negative. Those are the pistils of the female calyx (flower). They do, however, have trichomes on them (trichs are very small). You can see little white spots all over the leaves in that same pic. These are probably trichomes that either formed near the leaves or fell from the calyx on to the leaves.

Here is a pic from my highly acclaimed () Pics - Trichs & Cola - Comments on Harvest? thread that shows a 5X view of trichomes on a female calyx (you will notice the white hairs or "threads" in my image have many little crystals or beads on them - these are the trichomes). In that harvest link I just added, the first post I made has an image of the apical (top) cola where you can see the white hairs along with very heavy "misting" of the surrounding foliage by the tiny white trichomes. On a final note, some of the hairs in the pic attached here have begun to turn amber. This is a sign of maturation and a signal that it is nearly ready to harvest...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this bud ready for harvest?-lateseptest1.jpg  
    Last edited by Delta9Haze420; Sep-30-2007 at 12:27. Reason: Image Magnification Notation Error
    (−)-(6aR,10aR)-6,6,9-trimethyl-3-pentyl-6a,7,8,10a-tetrahydro-6H-benzo[c]chromen-1-ol

All information posted under this account is purely hypothetical and intended for educational use only.

Be wary of those who believe in a neat little world, its just f*cking crazy you know that it is. Walking along in a haze of confusion sometimes I can laugh, but at times takes all my strength to take the next step but I will till I drop the devil to his knees.

lamin111 is offline Registered

Now clear, and one more...

Thanks. The the photos and your text made it very clear.

I want to start flower stage- I understand I am supposed to be looking for a "pre flower" before I begin. Please, can you direct me to a photo of one?

Lami

Dr. Bloor is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannabis476 View Post
    thanks for your help i am glad someone responded, i am pretty sure they are all cloudy... does the pic tell anybody anything?
    These girls are 200 days old and not ready for harvest if that is any help to you. You should go to your nearest Radio Shack store or just go on line and buy a pocket microscope. Wonderful thing to see the trics with. I am looking for more amber in these. They are mostly cloudy now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this bud ready for harvest?-white-widow-juicy-fruit.jpg   Is this bud ready for harvest?-juicy-fruit-200-days.jpg   Is this bud ready for harvest?-juicy-fruit-017.jpg  

Last edited by Dr. Bloor; Oct-06-2007 at 02:19. Reason: mis spell
    When in doubt, whip it out