Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to raise humidity?

Lowryder1 is offline Registered+

How to raise humidity?

Hi,

I need to raise my growrooms humidity, it's usually between 30-40%... Any recommendations on raising humidity?

I tried using jar of water, not much results...
    Was thinking of wet sponge, would this work?

Any tips much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

xxxhazexxx is offline Registered+
    get a spray bottle and mist your grow room morning and afternoon or buy a fogging machine from a growshop.
    Anything that is said by me in these forumns is for entertainment reasons only. I in no way condone any behavior or actions that may break any laws. Anything said by my username or any other username coming from this IP ADDRESS is all information and pictures that I have gathered from all over the internet, and reposted for others to see as well. Do not take anything I say serious, for as it is all for entertainment purposes only.

Ditto.. Spray bottle or a dish so the vapor can escape into the atmosphere....
    if you use A Hps/Mh llight leave the dish close to the bulb so itll be exposed to more heat so itll vap off quicker. I should add 40 Rh isnt too low and itll help fight Mold!. Having a lower rh.

Storm Crow is offline Registered+

Easy!

Fan + broad surface of water= humidity

Granny
    "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"
    Granny's Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

Granny's list's on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

ograskal is offline Registered+
    Get a Humidifier from Walmart...They work great..~ograskal
    All posts are fictional and for entertainment purposes only!!!

water is offline Registered+
    why are u trying to raise the humidity

Dr. Bloor is offline Registered+
    Like ,Water said, why are you trying to raise the humidity? I grow just fine in that 30-40 range. If you go to high you risk damage from to high a humidity. Like bud rot!
    When in doubt, whip it out

Lowryder1 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bloor View Post
    Like ,Water said, why are you trying to raise the humidity? I grow just fine in that 30-40 range. If you go to high you risk damage from to high a humidity. Like bud rot!
    I just though to go with the tips in FAQ, where says you should maintain 50-60% humidity until the last two weeks, when you should lower it as much as possible, to get more thc... It also says low humidity causes stress on plants.

But... If it really is ok to grow with 30-40 humidity, I guess I'll be staying with that.. But is this ok for sure, as I don't want any complications with the grow?

if you want to add humidity, buy an electronic vaporizer ... cheap, about $20 at WallyWorld, in the Pharmacy section ... will run a few hours on a quart of water (ONLY use distilled or RO water, they lime up easily) ... (I've never had a situation where I wanted to add humidity, usually just the opposite) ...

1puff2puff3puff is offline Registered+
    I am also maintaining a low humidity (between 25-33) with no problems as of yet. My temp is between 85-91. What is your temp? How do your plants look? I think you are fine, all climates are different and the plant acclimates to its environment, you just have to maintain it.

Good luck, and keep us posted!!!
    Everything I write is false. Every picture I post is downloaded from the internet. I do this all just to be cool.. ahhh that was nice to get off my chest...And oh yea, I'm a WOMAN!!!!

Chronisseur is offline Registered+
    I dont know of any added benefits as a result of high humidity, only mold.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    A wide, flat container like a dish pan with an airstone in it set in fron tof your fan will raise humidity.
    1-4puff, if your temps get any higher you need to add humidity- either way, you should try to drop them back down below 80. BTW is that your dog? I've got an Olde English bulldogge mix with a similar look to her.
    Chron, there's a thread cdalled is heat really that bad, where rhizome gets into a neat discussion of osmotic pressure deficit or whatever it's called, basically,getiing your plants to keep the stomata open and continue to transpire by keeping some humidity in the air.

Chronisseur is offline Registered+
    I did skim through it, quality stuff I might add.

I just cant imagine ops conditions really need more moisture? Could someone maybe give me a scenario in which humidity levels should be above 40%? My logic is telling me temps would need to be around 95-100 in order to justify an increase.

I'm obviously pretty new to the wonderful world of cultivation, so pardon any ignorance, I'm schoolin' like a MOFO

1puff2puff3puff is offline Registered+
    Will do, And yes she is my baby, she is a 1yr 3 mo old American Bulldog (Johnson Breed) she weights about 130lbs and her neck has to be about 25 inches. She is such a GR8 dog!!! Got pics of your baby??
    Everything I write is false. Every picture I post is downloaded from the internet. I do this all just to be cool.. ahhh that was nice to get off my chest...And oh yea, I'm a WOMAN!!!!

water is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronisseur View Post
    I did skim through it, quality stuff I might add.

I just cant imagine ops conditions really need more moisture? Could someone maybe give me a scenario in which humidity levels should be above 40%? My logic is telling me temps would need to be around 95-100 in order to justify an increase.

I'm obviously pretty new to the wonderful world of cultivation, so pardon any ignorance, I'm schoolin' like a MOFO

i can can u need more than 40% humidity when trying to root clones

apart from that no other reason

to original poster dont bother raising humidity GOLDEN RULE if its not broke then dont fix it

good luck

water

elskeetro is offline Registered+
    I realize this is a year old, but i searched and it came up and i don't want to start a new thread.

My Humidity during these dry winter months is consistently 20-25%. Temps are 65 Night - 78 Day. Normally i'd be stoked about the Low RH but i'm trying to start some seedlings and they don't seem to be appreciative of the dry air.

I've got a fan blowing on a bucket of water and it doesn't seem to do much. my Clones and these seedlings are all being kept in Humidity domes and tupperware with lids on. I pop em open often to exchange air, but if i leave the top off for more than 10 minutes the seedlings start to shrivel and fall over.

My 2 flowering plants aren't totally thrilled about it either. My Northern Lights looks alright, but my white rhino is battling some root rot and looks like it's getting a little dry, could use some perfect conditions.

Any suggestions? I don't want to keep them all closed up if it's going to eventually suffocate them or what have you.

i have a Vicks Humidifier that i could dig out...it's a piece o' garbage though.

Thanks
    Skeet.

elskeetro is offline Registered+
    sorry...forgot the actual question...

Is 20-25% bad? i think it's low, but there is no definitive answer in this thread. Some just want to prevent mold...others want to provide optimal conditions.

I am the latter.

Skeet.

Biggins is offline Registered+
    get a bedtime vaporizer at the drug store for $20-30, assuming your grow room isn't a warehouse.

michaelpeg is offline Registered+
    large flat container filled an inch or 2 with wet perlite and re wet when it gets dry

Mississippi Steve is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowryder1 View Post
    Hi,

I need to raise my growrooms humidity, it's usually between 30-40%... Any recommendations on raising humidity?

I tried using jar of water, not much results...
    Was thinking of wet sponge, would this work?

Any tips much appreciated.

Thanks
    How big is the grow room??? is it like a real room??...if so, fill a crock pot with water and turn it on. check an enthalpy chart to calculate how much moisture you need to put in the air to raise your humidity to around 50%
    READ MY LIPS!!!
    WEED, SCHOOLS AND/OR CARS DON'T MIX!!!

Don't put yourself in a position where somebody has to *DO* something about it in the first place!!

Pacifism is a luxury paid for by warriors.

http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...c-blue-f2.html

Well here's my 2 cents, don't know the right and wrong of everything, this is just what I am dealing with.

During my entire run, my RH at it's highest was 40%, that was only after watering, and went steadily down, and probably averages around 25% or 30%, but somethimes, my meter just tells me to fuck off and won't even register.
    I live in a very dry climate anyway, the RH is very low.
    Hasn't caused any issues for me that I know of, and so far I am pretty happy with results, time will tell I guess.
    My temps usually range from 80 peak, to 70 low, have had a few times get down to 65 and up as high as 85, not very often, it's almost always 80 or 78, everytime I look, with 25%-30% RH.
    Works for me.
    "I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. "
    Martin Luther King Jr

MonkeyBone is offline Registered+
    RH always between 27 and 33% (Once in a while I suspend a wet towel in the closet with the fan on and humidity raise to 50% for about 10 hours... Like once a week)

temp always between 80 and 85 day and 65-75 night

1 and a half month veg from seed and they are great!!!
    Everything said or shown here by me are pure dream material. Yes. It is only a dream in which I participate. You can do anything you want in a dream, except for dreaming about something in a dream, then you're lost and can't find your way back. Back to where?

gedogen is offline Registered+
    i realize this post is old but anyone happening upon this in the name of research should know:

humidity is relative. that is, a reading of 35% RH @ 75 degrees has less water in the air than a reading of 35% RH @ 85 degrees.
    Lv2rgu likes this.

SmokeTheReefer4 is offline Registered
    k my plants are now three weeks old and some of the leaves on them are staring to curl. the plants are still growing fine but the don't look %100 pecent health. i believe my problem is because the humidity levels are two low. but maybe im wrong.

Zeffer is offline Registered+

humidity

high... hang a wet bath towel or two ! ... use hydroton system !
    ...as in, Ebb & FaFaFlowee !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast