pastetea is offline Registered+

Plant : CFL Ratio.

How many CFL's of a certain wattage would you need to grow:

One plant:
    Two plants:
    Three plants:
    Four plants:

Still got trials and tribulations
    Refinement from cultivation takes patience, I'm waiting.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

klondike_bar is offline Banned
    go with 23w ones since theyre relativly standard.

id say about 3 for one plant, and 1-2 more fore each addidional plant

Remember that CFL's have a very limited reach,about 6 inches, any further than that and light intensity is very limited. 23w bulbs will work, but if you can find 46w or bigger, then get those. The more light, the more bud.
    80% of my post are in a spongebob voice. If spongebob were high.
    My Grow log: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-loun...r-strains.html

SantaClawz is offline Registered+
    The more the better, but atleast 3/23watters(Veg) and 3/46watters(flower). This is per plant. It may seem like overkill but if you use this ratio you will not be disapointed when its harvest time.
    "They must find it difficult.
    Those who have taken authority as the truth.
    Rather than truth as the authority."

.: First grow, Soil, CFLs start to finish :.

more is definitely better. i ran 4 for the most part of my 4 plant gro, and now i regret that i didnt add my extra 3 bulbs at the beginning. the extra bulbs stopped upward growth almost totally and helped branch em.

i go w/ 23w ones if i got enough sockets, since theyre the most price: lumens efficiency

pastetea is offline Registered+
    Sounds good, thanks for all the help
    Still got trials and tribulations
    Refinement from cultivation takes patience, I'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobsmokepants View Post
    The more light, the more bud.
    hes right. youll need at least 1 per plant just to keep em alive, but 3-4 each will create massive beasts thatll floor you.

tough choice, huh?

dnlfacundo is offline Registered+
    if i was using 6 100w 6400k cfls how many plants i would be able to grow?i checked the lumen out put on the lights all together and it would come out to be 7800 lumens.So any suggestions on this.

by 100w you mean 20-26 depending on brand

the 100 is just the incandecent equivelant.

using 6 you can grow probly 3-6 plants, depending partially if there from possibly male seeds in which case the cropll be thinned later on.

id suggest get another 2-4 bulbs for 10$ and youll be able to grow about 5-6 females decently after thinning out one or two males in veg

sanchezz is offline Registered
    I don't mean to Hijack the thread, but do you guys think 3x 19w CFLS will do per plant?

Roughrider is offline Registered+
    Work is out by lumens per square foot and you'll get a better idea. 2,000 to 2,400 lumens per sq. ft. is adequate; over 4,000 puts you into solid grow area. Over 5,000 is great.

Most 23w CFLs put out around 1650 lumens. For one square foot, that's three bulbs. You can get away with less when vegging because the plants take up less space. If you keep your plants in 6" (around 1 gallon) pots for a while, you can veg 4 plants with only 3 of the 23w bulbs. But once the plants start to really grow, you're going to need more light. That why veg cabinets can get away with fewer cfls and lumens; they have smaller plants, at least for a while.

Flowering is when all the growth really takes place; you'll need more light then. So the big question is how big do you want or expect your plants to get? In my experience, one decent size closet grow plant takes up around 1.5-1.75 sq. ft. That's 6 to 7,000 lumens to do well...85 to 100 actual watts of CFL per plant. If you keep your plants small, you might be able to get away with a little less.

so its agreed that 3-4 bulbs per plant for best results?

guess ill add another cuple for my nest gro

eggrole1 is offline Registered+
    I have 6x26w CFLs on 2 plants that are 4' each. Don't let yours get that tall as the lower branches of mine were not getting enough light, so I trimmed them quite a bit. You would get the same yield with shorter plants with the light reaching all of the plant.

I started with 2x13w CFLs and upgraded as they grew. I would not recommend anything less than 3x26w CFLs per plant, and if possible arrange them in a triangle around the plant so that all of the plant gets even light. Don't forget to have some kind of reflectors if you can get them to help from losing any of the light.

As was said before, keep the lights as close to the plants as you can w/o burning them. (usually about 6")

with a cfl id suggest that its safe going as close as 3" due to the incredibly limited heat they make