Thread: 150 watt HPS

michaelpeg is offline Registered+

150 watt HPS

will one 150 watt HPS be enough light for 2 plants the grow area is is 3' by 3' by 3'

blink_inc is offline Registered+
    you are gonna run into height issues.
    The light is enough, consider adding some flouros.

You will have to flower (12/12) after about 12" or less depending on the strain.
    Grow a mom, cut some clones, SOG 20 plants in that same area in 6" pots. That would maximixe your space and limited height.

Just my 2 cents.

thanks alot for the info and by the way they are caramelicious from amsterdamseeds.com it says the hieght is 35-65 cm im not sure how accurate that is and if i was to clone the mother how could i keep the plant short so i could flower the clones and the mother at the same time as i dont have 2 rooms for flowering and veg.
    thanks again

and also im new to this so could you tell me what SOG is?

ok i have read a bit on SOG (sea of green) but im not sure exactly how to do it but if you can explain it to me then thats what i will do
    thanks

sociobud is offline Registered+
    What are you growing in? Closet? Cabinet?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.--Goethe

im growing in an area i made underneath by stairs in my basement its kinda like those storage things people have under their stairs where they put old jackets boxes and such anyways 3' by 3' by 3'

Jerry Garcia 2007 is offline Registered+
    What I think what Blink is saying,

Grow like 4 plants untill sexually mature, take cuttings and cloan, flower the original 4 determine which plants are female discard cloans from the males and grow the females as a sea of green, they are already sexually mature and need alot less growth hight to flower.

If not Blink please correct me.
    Everything I say in this forum is a lie or fiction, this is all for fun, any pictures I post are freely available on the Internet. I in no way condone the cultivation or use of marijuana, for recreational or medical purposes.

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...rt-finish.html
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...omb-seeds.html

so how long do i have to veg the clones before flowering? approx. how tall will they be after flowering and how many in that area does 6 sound unreasonable? and when should i take the clones from the mother? certain hieght or age?

twoguysupnorth is offline Registered+
    i did basicly the same thing. started four to up my odds of a female, it came out 50/50 when the males showed i had 2 females that fit ok under that light(same as yours) LST the first ones if you need too for height. with a 150 i would probably grow 4 clones to 6-9 inches in 1 gallon pots for a sog effect. you have more room but not enough light for a 3x3 area.
    aint she pretty?

thanks for reply, I have read alot about LST but im not sure exactly how it works. do i just tie the top of the main stem to the bottom when it is at a young age?

twoguysupnorth is offline Registered+
    some people try training it to go in circles aroud the pot but i just bend it over and attach it to the other side of the pot( one or two nodes under the very top). then if the side branches start getting out of control, i do the same to them. some of my branches were tied to other ones if it was easier to do than attaching it to the pot. do this when they are fairly young(5-6 nodes tall), yes, but i also kept tying down the side brances even into flowering but only if i had too.
    Last edited by twoguysupnorth; Dec-22-2007 at 14:39.
    aint she pretty?

thanks man