Cannabis.com

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By SAtown
  • 2 Post By SAtown

Thread: Fastest full grow period?

Ghettoguy is offline Registered+

Fastest full grow period?

What is the fastest way to grow some bud under CFL light? I have 2 months of time max, is it even worth trying? The seeds are soaking...

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

gainesvillegreen is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettoguy View Post
    What is the fastest way to grow some bud under CFL light? I have 2 months of time max, is it even worth trying? The seeds are soaking...
    Two months from seed to harvest? No, not possible with CFLs. Not possible with any other lights either.

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    NOOBS ,
    I want it all , and I want it now .

Gainesville speaks the truth Not happening in 2 mos. from seed , even w/ some B/S auto flower - rudderail - lo/rider crap and 1000w H.I.Ds .
    Crispi

hybridlove420 is offline Banned
    eh..it may be possible. a healthy indica can flower in 6-7 weeks.

2months= 61days= just under 9 weeks

9-7week flowering= 2weeks

if seeds are soaked, theyll break surface within days and become sufficient within a week

2-1=1

that leaves 1 week of vegetative growth before launching plants into early flowering. this is doable (like an extreme sog method), but will yield very little per plant

ghetto: if you have 5-10 seeds your willing to blow for minimal return, go for it. otherwise, your gonna need to get a few extra weeks in there to competently veg it to a managable size

gainesvillegreen is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridlove420 View Post
    eh..it may be possible. a healthy indica can flower in 6-7 weeks.

2months= 61days= just under 9 weeks

9-7week flowering= 2weeks

if seeds are soaked, theyll break surface within days and become sufficient within a week

2-1=1

that leaves 1 week of vegetative growth before launching plants into early flowering. this is doable (like an extreme sog method), but will yield very little per plant

ghetto: if you have 5-10 seeds your willing to blow for minimal return, go for it. otherwise, your gonna need to get a few extra weeks in there to competently veg it to a managable size
    Even if you tried to flower your plant when it was one week old, it would not flower. A plant will not flower until it is ready, and that is weeks into vegetative growth. So unless you find a four-week flowering strain, no.

dejayou30 is offline Registered+
    Growing is not about the final destination, its about the journey.
    The above post is fictional and should in no way be taken as truth.

If I were to grow cannabis, I would only do so to supply myself and my close friends. Doing this would take myself and my friends out of harms way by knowing the source of our cannabis, as well as take hundreds of thousands of dollars off the black market annually. It would also lower the demand of black market cannabis, and would ultimately help keep cannabis out of the hands of minors.

KL4D4 is offline Registered+
    Check out c99 pretty fast flowering period
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WPhkkPkEM

The Pope says: after class you should follow her around mumbling like a crazy person and trying to touch her hair

Marijuana is a bad bad thing

Ghettoguy is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by dejayou30 View Post
    Growing is not about the final destination, its about the journey.
    I love u

Thanks everyone for your input, I'll give it a try...

SAtown is offline Registered

Exclamation Oh yes they can!

Quote Originally Posted by gainesvillegreen View Post
    Even if you tried to flower your plant when it was one week old, it would not flower. A plant will not flower until it is ready, and that is weeks into vegetative growth. So unless you find a four-week flowering strain, no.
    I am no novice gardener. Let me put it this way, if the plant were growing outdoors, in the early spring or late summer, it would have 12/12 or close from its sprout stage on. This is the fastest flowering method possible, also it is a natural way that some plants grow outdoors already. Some strands do better with a longer light period, but they will still flower much quicker w/o a 24 veg cycle at all. I usually veg for a week, bend, trim, and shape my plants to fit the desired growspace (btw: I only use compact flourescents too) then I flower them. Some start wiithin a week, others take about a month, but I also use random seeds so some end up being males, which I then remove. I have one indica strain that hasn't been planted for even a month yet, and it already has 8 flowers budding
    So, 12/12 the whole time will keep the plants smaller and get them to flower faster producing about 1/2 - 2/3 the possible yield. I can harvest in two months or so, but you will still need a couple weeks or at least 10 good drying days to remove all of that nasty chlorophyl.
    Last edited by SAtown; May-20-2009 at 08:59.
    catbuds and DGT740 like this.

SAtown is offline Registered

Lightbulb Cheap Mylar

Oh, and another tip for all us gardeners on a budget, instead of mylar, grab some of that shiny plastic gift-wrap they make now. The inside is almost the same as mylar and way, way cheaper. It's just as reflective.
    DGT740 and mitchsafc like this.

maspino1 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrispi View Post
    NOOBS ,
    I want it all , and I want it now .

Gainesville speaks the truth Not happening in 2 mos. from seed , even w/ some B/S auto flower - rudderail - lo/rider crap and 1000w H.I.Ds .
    Crispi
    i flowered my lowryder and harvested at 8. i think it's possible, you just wont' get lots unless you use hid (unlike me)

DoYouEvenToke is offline Registered+
    In my opinion,
    Absolute waste of seeds.
    No matter what way you look at it.

Advise against even trying

Have some patience.
    Wait until a time where you can give the seeds like 4-5 months, at least.
    You will be smiling bigger at the end.
    And for longer

:

Rep + any of my posts you like.

Shallow Hal is offline Registered+
    ok guys heres my opinion , 9 weeks can only be done from clones and not from seeds. over the years i have used soil , coco and ended up using NFT hydro . the Hydro gave me quicker growing plants and normally after just 2 weeks of 18/6 vegging i would switch them over to 13/11. from that point it normally took the most of another 21 days for the plants to show hairs. i have rarely had strains that have ment to be finished in 8 weeks that actually have... more like 9/10 weeks to finish it properly. the quickest from seed u can look at is 11/12 weeks. clones are different tho as the are coming of a matured plant therefore they will show hairs in anything from 8/14 days. btw i used 2x600 watt hps from seed to harvest.
    if ur living on a prayer... ur living on your knee's..... no fear

Ryanzeus is offline Registered+

Smile No time

I know this question drives experienced growers crazy but I'm sorry I have no other choice. I am leaving the country in a month and a half for good. I have tried a few grows recently but failed at one point or another. This plant however is growing great (miles better than anything I've ever grown). It is 34 days old (from sprouting) and a week into flowering. Is there any way I can speed up the flowering process so I can atleast taste(or in this case smoke) victory for once. Any advice would be really appreciated - happy smoking.