Cannabis.com

Thread: Cross Breeding 2 strains

KiNdBlunt is offline Registered+

Cross Breeding 2 strains

I have 2 different strains i'm growing and I want to cross breed them to harvest mature seeds from the plant to preserve the genetics of both. How would I go about just producing the plant for a seed harvest?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    You don't have to seed the entire plant even, you can just seed some lower buds. Put the best, most vigorous male in flower along with the females. They will do what nature intended. When you harvest, tag each plant with information on how healthy and vigorous it was. Weigh the yield of each. Smell them. Write all this stuff on the tag. Then when it is time to smoke, add information on the flavor and effect of each.
    Save seeds from EACH FEMALE SEPARATELY, WITH THE TAG. Look over all the info and only grow out the seeds from the female (s) who you thought to be the best representative in your garden.
    This method I have given is a simple and not too scientific way to make crosses that work in your grow setup, and it is how my outdoor-grower friends choose which seeds to use from their seed plot each year- Best male x all females, save seeds only from best female.
    This will be an F1 hybrid and won't preserve the genetics of each strain; it will give you a hybrid with a set of traits all its own, with many traits leaning to either parent. You will see even MORE variation in the next generation.

KiNdBlunt is offline Registered+
    Ok, thank you for all the information, but i have one more question. when the mothers get pollinated they won't be producing the best bud's possible for harvest but will it still be a worthwile harvest?

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Depends on how heavily seeded you let them get.
    You can do the males in a separate room and put the pollen on just a couple buds of each female with a Q-tip if you would still like to have plenty of sensi to smoke later.