Cannabis.com

Thread: At what point do you start flushing?

daihashi is offline Registered+

At what point do you start flushing?

The answer is easy, generally 1-2 weeks before harvest.. correct?

but when do you start to flush based off trichome color? We know you want to harvest generally at 10-20% amber, but do you wait for 10-20% amber before beginning to flush or is that what you actually want to try to harvest at?

does that make sense?
    DISCLAIMER: I do not know how to grow/cultivate cannabis. All posts made by me are fictitious in the form of role playing a cannabis cultivator.

The act of role playing is acting out a story/game. In this case I am participating in a Role playing game, or an RPG, of Cannabis growers.

None of this is Real and I reitterate I have no expierence with growing or using cannabis.

Check out my New and Improved Grow Log!!!

Check out my Mothering Log!!!

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

texas grass is offline Registered+
    you harvest depends on the high you want
    a good time to harvest with a good mix of high is about 10-20% amber (thats when you cut down the plant)
    you start to flush atleast 2 weeks before you cut down the plant
    the longer you flush the cleaner your buds will taste

using a true organic setting you really dont have to worry about flushing much because you dont have the excessive salt build up and it was the benneficials microherd feeding the plant

good luck
    just tryin to live the good life with my friend and wife now its time to and stay and be a
    http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...-dankness.html
    complete guide to mothers clones and trimming roots http://www.cannabase.com/cl/index.html
    these last 2 links have most grow books to read http://greenmanspage.com/guides/ growmoreweed.com

texas grass is offline Registered+
    also meant to say that the first 1 maybe 2 runs will be guess and after that you should beable to go by dates/weeks

sorry for the double post
    just tryin to live the good life with my friend and wife now its time to and stay and be a
    http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...-dankness.html
    complete guide to mothers clones and trimming roots http://www.cannabase.com/cl/index.html
    these last 2 links have most grow books to read http://greenmanspage.com/guides/ growmoreweed.com

Quote Originally Posted by texas grass View Post
    you harvest depends on the high you want
    a good time to harvest with a good mix of high is about 10-20% amber (thats when you cut down the plant)
    you start to flush atleast 2 weeks before you cut down the plant
    the longer you flush the cleaner your buds will taste

using a true organic setting you really dont have to worry about flushing much because you dont have the excessive salt build up and it was the benneficials microherd feeding the plant

good luck
    I don't think you understood the question.

Is 2 weeks before harvest the 10-20% amber? Or do you want to be 10-20% amber at the time you actually cut the cola's off the plant. And if the latter is what people mean then at what point do you determine to start flushing.

I guess that's the best and simplest way to ask the question. I already knew what you stated above.
    DISCLAIMER: I do not know how to grow/cultivate cannabis. All posts made by me are fictitious in the form of role playing a cannabis cultivator.

The act of role playing is acting out a story/game. In this case I am participating in a Role playing game, or an RPG, of Cannabis growers.

None of this is Real and I reitterate I have no expierence with growing or using cannabis.

Mr. Clandestine is offline Registered+
    I usually chop when about 15% of the trichs are amber. I've grown most of my strains long enough that I have a good idea how long they take to mature, and flush accordingly. But if you're wanting to chop at 10%-20% amber, then start flushing after all of the trichs have turned cloudy, and no later than when you begin to notice a few turning red. Again, in my opinion, best way to know is to have a few runs with a particular strain under my belt, which gives me a much better idea on my flowering time.

Hope that helps. Take care.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Switch to 24/0 light schedule and don't worry... about a thing... every little thing... gonna be all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome View Post
    It can be a fine balance between "ok...I need to water later today" and "shit...I should have watered yesterday."
    Plant problems? Fill out the Troubleshooting Form BEFORE asking how you should fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clandestine View Post
    I usually chop when about 15% of the trichs are amber. I've grown most of my strains long enough that I have a good idea how long they take to mature, and flush accordingly. But if you're wanting to chop at 10%-20% amber, then start flushing after all of the trichs have turned cloudy, and no later than when you begin to notice a few turning red. Again, in my opinion, best way to know is to have a few runs with a particular strain under my belt, which gives me a much better idea on my flowering time.

Hope that helps. Take care.
    Word.. and I agree it's something that you get accustomed to after a few grows under your belt. This is my first grow/harvest so I was just wondering what to look for.

I didn't want to go too far past where I should've harvested and lost potency from thc degradation.

Thanks all for the input.

Mr. Clandestine is offline Registered+
    Glad I could be of assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Switch to 24/0 light schedule and don't worry... about a thing... every little thing... gonna be all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome View Post
    It can be a fine balance between "ok...I need to water later today" and "shit...I should have watered yesterday."
    Plant problems? Fill out the Troubleshooting Form BEFORE asking how you should fix it!