Thread: Seedling Watering

BudFromAbove is offline Registered

Seedling Watering

Ok, I have searched, but havent found a definite answer to how often I should water my seedlings. I dont wanna rot the roots, but I dont wanna dry them out either. Should I just make sure the top stays moist? Is that a good idea? Or should I do the finger test?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

pit6ull420 is offline Registered+
    i would spray them with water and nutrients
    everyday wet the plant and dirt good but
    not to much and it will sink down and go out
    the drain holes

pit6ull420 is offline Registered+
    superthrive works good and it says a drop
    a gallon but i usually use about a capful per gallon
    makes them grow way faster and hasnt hurt anythng

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Terrible advice. Superthrive is SUPER concentrated and should NEVER be overapplied! I have seen people KILL their plants with the stuff! Seedlings should not be given any type of nutrients. If you really want to give them superthrive, use it at a rate of a drop per 2-4 gallons.
    Also, spraying or misting seedlings is a common cause of damping-off and can leach what little nutrients the little plants off out of the leaves.

Water them lightly, but frequently, and if you are worried about disturbing the roots or damaging the stems with a strong flow of water, use a cheap diner-style ketchup dispenser instead. If you used nice light soil and have lots of drainage in your pots, and the pots are nice and small, you should not run into water problems with young plants. Don't give any type of fertilizer until the 5th set of adult leaves is unfolding.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic View Post
    Terrible advice. Superthrive is SUPER concentrated and should NEVER be overapplied! I have seen people KILL their plants with the stuff! Seedlings should not be given any type of nutrients. If you really want to give them superthrive, use it at a rate of a drop per 2-4 gallons.
    Also, spraying or misting seedlings is a common cause of damping-off and can leach what little nutrients the little plants off out of the leaves.

Water them lightly, but frequently, and if you are worried about disturbing the roots or damaging the stems with a strong flow of water, use a cheap diner-style ketchup dispenser instead. If you used nice light soil and have lots of drainage in your pots, and the pots are nice and small, you should not run into water problems with young plants. Don't give any type of fertilizer until the 5th set of adult leaves is unfolding.
    agreed 110% ...

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    Oh no.....another klondike......
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

I already ran a check. It's not Klondike, or .:Karma:., but that's EXACTLY what I thought too!

Mr. Clandestine is offline Registered+
    use a cheap diner-style ketchup dispenser instead.
    A turkey baster works great for this purpose, too. In fact, I use the baster all the way until the plants are taken out of their 2gal pots and transplanted into the 5gal ones. Tedious, but effective. It also gives me the opportunity to get a close up view of the leaves and see if any tell-tale signs of problems are starting to show.

In this respect, I envy the hell out of hydro growers who only have to change water once a week, or so.
    Switch to 24/0 light schedule and don't worry... about a thing... every little thing... gonna be all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome View Post
    It can be a fine balance between "ok...I need to water later today" and "shit...I should have watered yesterday."
    Plant problems? Fill out the Troubleshooting Form BEFORE asking how you should fix it!

zoott is offline Registered+
    What kind of nutrients would you recomend after the first set of adult leaves? Can you suggest Something that you can get from home depot or lowes?

Nothing quite yet... 4-5 sets of adult leaves and THEN you can give them something gentle, like a grow fertilizer dosed at 1/4 strength. If all you've got is a box store, the shultz liquid plant food is not that bad. But remember... go WEAK at first, and build up.

BudFromAbove is offline Registered
    Thanks for the replies. Now another quick question or problem i guess. I came in tonight after work and one of the seedlings has managed to kinda corkscrew itself back into the soil. WTF! Not sure what to do about this one.

It will figure itself out. If it doesn't, it's a dumb plant and doesn't deserve to live.

Delta9Haze420 is offline Registered+
    It will figure itself out. If it doesn't, it's a dumb plant and doesn't deserve to live.
    LOL!!! I have to say after that comment, I love you stink! If I had room I would put that quote in my sig Such compassion and care

Other than that, I agree with her 110%. After about the 4'th node, a very light nute can be applied. This is when the plant is generally healthy enough and well established to take a little change in environment.
    (−)-(6aR,10aR)-6,6,9-trimethyl-3-pentyl-6a,7,8,10a-tetrahydro-6H-benzo[c]chromen-1-ol

All information posted under this account is purely hypothetical and intended for educational use only.

Be wary of those who believe in a neat little world, its just f*cking crazy you know that it is. Walking along in a haze of confusion sometimes I can laugh, but at times takes all my strength to take the next step but I will till I drop the devil to his knees.