Cannabis.com

Thread: ppms in soil?

allrollsin21 is offline Registered+

Question ppms in soil?

Good day folks,
    Does it make sense to check the PPM's of the mixed nurtients when growing in soil?
    I have been doing a few in coco and then some in soil and so i have been checking the ppm's of both. I also have been keeping them at about the same strength.
    Can the same strain and size plant, in the same condition, handle more food in a soil or hydro medium, or is it the same?
    I started my growing about 5 months ago and since i burned the heck out of many plants just following Botanicare's suggested dosages, i decided a PPM meter would be healthy. So as a rough guideline i have been using wondrous Weedhounds Nute schedul sticky for both soil and coco......and it has been an enormously constructive starting point. Thanks weedhound!!
    Usually i am stuck in the "plant problems forum", it is curiosity that has brought me here.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    I have always assumed that you can crank up the ferts a little higher in hydro, since you have complete control over every single component of the plant's liquid environment... you can make EVERY ppm count. But in soil, you don't NEED to check ppms unless you are just super curious. If you are, you should check the ppms going IN and the ones coming OUT in the runoff, and compare them.

hmm check the #'s coming out in the runoff. That is a fantastic proposal. That way i will have a better idea of the soil condition, i think. I have been checking going in because what Botanicare calls for on the bottle i think would exceed 2000ppms. Si needless to say i have backed off a bit. AFTER crispin many of poor lady.

well Stinky if i were to compare the going in ppms to the runoff ppms, what am i looking for? What is happy, and what is not?
    I just did it for the first time...

nutrient def???

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    I've never bothered checking my ppms in soil honestly. But if your runoff numbers are in the thousands, especially if your numbers going in are lower, you might want to consider a flush, because there's a lot of crud coming off in the excess water.