Cannabis.com

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vernont

Thread: Average yield per plant

vernont is offline Registered

Average yield per plant

Being fairly new to the growing side of MJ, I'm curious to know roughly how much to expect from an average plant.

If you've had a successful grow (or many) in the past please share your results with us noobs, thanks!

If you've never weighed your spoils by plant, I'd also be interested to know the total yield of your crop (example: 10 plants = 10 ounces).

I ask because my current crop began as 6 plants. Two died quite early and one turned out to be a dude. That obviously leaves two. I would like to have an idea of how many plants I'd need to have to keep me smoking until the next batch comes off. At the rate I smoke I'd probably need twenty plants, oh well.. if I must.

Thanks for the input.
    Hazelover likes this.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Weedhound is offline Registered+
    That's kind of like asking.....generally how many apples do you get off one tree?
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

"Your deeds show your character."-StinkyAttic

moneyshotpb is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    That's kind of like asking.....generally how many apples do you get off one tree?
    9 ???

I don't think it's like that at all. A simple response would have been " well, I grew 6 plants to 4 feet high and got 10 dried ounces". I'm well aware that the plants very in size and yield. Also different strains and techniques produce more or less bud. I figured I'd take an average if enough people responded.

I did however learn how many stupid responses it takes to piss me off.

Thanks for the input.

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    3 ounces per plant,dried and cured off of 3 to 4 foot plants. Indica dominate strain.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Quote Originally Posted by vernont View Post
    I did however learn how many stupid responses it takes to piss me off.
    ^^^Not winning you any points^^^
    You gave no useful information. If you had at minimum told us how many watts of HPS you are running in flower, we could have told you how much you can expect to yield if you follow the protocols for maximum efficiency and healthy plants.
    But with the only information being '2 plants' and nothing more...
    How long is a piece of string?
    By the way, 6 plants, minus 2 dead ones, minus one male, 'obviously' equals three. Is this what people mean by 'fuzzy logic'?
    You gotta read around and see how grows are set up. I take about 3/4 zip per plant in my half-assed SOG. Retired moms can give an easy QP. A DWC giant in a big enough home to stay healthy will give a pound if you don't kill it first.
    Edit: All this assumes that light is not a limiting factor.

Revanche21 is offline Registered+
    depends on light quality, nutrient quality, time spent growing

a friend does his plants 3 weeks veg 2 months flower
    yields about 1oz per plant hopefully that helps

Thanks to killerweed420 and Revanche21. That was helpful. I gives me rough idea what to expect.

And to Ms. Stinky, please forgive my smart ass sense of humor. I never meant any harm. I'm a firm believer in treating people respectfully. I wasn't expecting somebody to tell me what I'll get off of my plants. I was just curious how much experienced growers can pull off a plant consistently, wether it's a 12" plant or a 12' plant. It's clearly going to vary each time but I just wanted a rough idea. The two posts that I mentioned above were exactly what I was after.

In case you're still wondering I have a 36"x24"x30" (LxWxH) grow box with 6 26watt cfl's. The entire inside is also lined with mylar. I'm quite certain that a lack of light isn't an issue. I've actually considered that I may have too much light in that small space (what do you think?). I have tried adhere to the advice in FAQs as much as I can. My remaining plants look very healthy so far.

Just one more thing in regard to my "fuzzy logic". After reading your post and re-reading mine, I can see where you were lead astray. It should have said THREE died and one was a male. I'm not a math whiz but that's embarrassing. I geuss thats what I get for waking and baking! Hope theres no hard feelings, your guides have been invaluable to me.

No hard feelings; this is just one of those questions that gets asked meelions and meelions of times, often by aspiring cashcroppers trying to figure out how fast they will be able to pay off their credit card...

With CFLs, your results are widely variable. But let me tell you one thing... they depend primarily on getting a plant to survive to harvest, and matching your watering routine, size and type of pot and medium, and ventilation in your cabinet are crucial to this more than anything else. Don't over-love your plants!

IMVHO, CFLs are largely for learning. And in the learning time, your main yield will be what stays with you forever- basic grow skills. You can budget your yields better in the future under HID lights with more space to work in, but for now, concentrate on a healthy plant.

Good luck.

jessejames12345 is offline Registered+
    Hey man , yea your definatly going to need more light, look at moving up to 42watt cfls, or a lower watt HID . I think you can get 60-120 watt HpS/halide made for aquariums and security lights

probly have to add more venitaltion though with the HID , but the lo-watters dont get as hot as their big brothers.

peace
    JJ

Between 1 oz and 19oz. Happy now? I can also see how many times I have to hear the same half assed question that is impossible to answer.

Good luck with your grow.
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

Between 1 oz and 19oz.
    Never forget the Dead Plant Factor!
    Shee-it; I'd be happy to be able to budget an ounce a plant in my SOG. That would be BAAAAD AAAAASs. For shitsngiggles, you can always check out the 1oz shot glass grow competition thread... lol!

Weedhound, you Size XXL DWC people have SUCH high expectations for yield... you're makin' the likes of me feel... inadequate!

Stinky...inadequate.....every other word out of my mouth is Stinky says.....Stinky thinks.....Stinky HELP!!

I still bow to you for all your clone help.....
    Haze(y) Grow Log:

MVP
    MVP is offline Registered+
    Stinky...inadequate.....every other word out of my mouth is Stinky says.....Stinky thinks.....Stinky HELP!!

I still bow to you for all your clone help.....
    Hey Hound, why don't you post some cloning stories in the Cloning Log I started <mainly to help you..... and others> so that the noobs can learn. That is assuming that cloning has worked for ya...

frostymcfailure is offline Registered+
    sorry to derail but what would you guys expect from say a sativa dominate strain under a 600w HPS with about 3gallonz of soil? I've heard with HID a good rule of thumb is to assume .5 per watt each plant, any words? Also, is it true that 1gallon of soil per foot of plant is the golden rule? So in theory 3 gallon bags wouldnt produce a finished 4 footer without loosing out on yield due to root boundness? Thanks!

IF your plant has multiple growing tops, allow for more root space. Also, remember to re-pot on a good schedule to avoid soil stagnation and pH drop. 0.5 g per watt per month is a very good grow; sativas are already difficult to grow indoors and I would calculate your yield at about half that, to take into account grow skill and the species itself. But really, yield predictions are difficult before you get a very repeatable routine worked out.

Roughrider is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by vernont View Post
    In case you're still wondering I have a 36"x24"x30" (LxWxH) grow box with 6 26watt cfl's. The entire inside is also lined with mylar. I'm quite certain that a lack of light isn't an issue. I've actually considered that I may have too much light in that small space (what do you think?). I have tried adhere to the advice in FAQs as much as I can. My remaining plants look very healthy so far.
    Others are right; you don't have much in the way of lights. You've got six square feet of floor space and about 10,000 lumens of light....about a third of what you need. You've got a grow area for about 4-6 plants, and enough light for two plants. If you're planning on ending up with either more plants or a grow area of much more than 2 sq. ft., you're going to need more lights.

With CFLs, having a light or two below the canopy really helps too. CFLs have lousy canopy penetration compared to HPS lighting.