Cannabis.com

Thread: First time sativa/soil grow...is this normal? blue dream info?!?!

theforthdrive is offline Registered+

First time sativa/soil grow...is this normal? blue dream info?!?!

I have several years of growing under my belt. I always used the same method... highly commercial/yielding strains grown in hydro. upon moving to cali I thought i would pick up a sativa from a bank. The bank recommended Blue Dream.... very high yield sativa. It came in soil so i left it in soil. the plant is 5months old (extreamly slow veg period) and in its 7th week of bloom. I know that sativas have a longer bloom cycle but the bank said it was 60 days... the plant is healthy and developing but the buds have no size and no density what so ever. Is this normal for a sativa.....or because of soil? or just blue dream? anyone had any experience with blue dream? thanks!

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

keeko is offline Registered+
    whats your grow setup?
    " knowledge is not power, knowledge is potential power"

"those who follow the herd step in SHIT"

Sorry.... Indoor/ 2 1000's/ ebb & flow. but the dream is in soil that i water twice a week/ co2 about 1000ppm. the dream is in a 5 gal bucket with a basic soil. Gets ph'd water twice a week or so.

everything else in the room is normal for 7 weeks and looks healthy. the pistils have already started to turn amber on my other plants. the blue dream is still white and under developed for 7 weeks. Ill see if i can get some pics.

frostymcfailure is offline Registered+
    did u give it any fertilizer at all?

it would be nice to know the genitic makeup of your sativa. if its a true sativa its going to take longer than 60 days like that seedbank said.

if its really sativa the 'buds' will probably be airy and fluffy.....kinda like your describing...i say give it time and see how the trichs do

Talking

thanks keeko, thats what i was looking for. just to make my head stop turning. only couple more posts and i can post some pics! Ive smoked some pure sativa in the dam and from the cali banks.... i cant wait until i can try my own! wish i could share!!!!!
    "Prohibition... goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." -- Abraham Lincoln December, 1840

"I'm not not licking toads" -Homer Simpson

"Focus on what I invest in, got married to marijuana, yeah, and the connect is my best man" -Jadakiss

yea pics would be nice when you get to that post count......be sure to update us.

for some reason i cant figure out how to get a descent close up but here is what i could get. Boths plants are at week 8! and Im happy to report that the blue dream/sativa is starting to turn! maybe a couple more weeks. In the photo where they are side by side. the left plant is silver kush and the right on is the dream! thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First time sativa/soil grow...is this normal? blue dream info?!?!-dsc01105.jpg   First time sativa/soil grow...is this normal? blue dream info?!?!-dsc01106.jpg   First time sativa/soil grow...is this normal? blue dream info?!?!-dsc01103.jpg  

First time sativa/soil grow...is this normal? blue dream info?!?!-dsc01096.jpg   First time sativa/soil grow...is this normal? blue dream info?!?!-dsc01097.jpg  
    "Prohibition... goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." -- Abraham Lincoln December, 1840

"Focus on what I invest in, got married to marijuana, yeah, and the connect is my best man" -Jadakiss

greenatik is offline Registered+
    could just be the genetics, they look good to me.

but why are the pots only half full?

SunnyD is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by greenatik View Post
    could just be the genetics, they look good to me.

Yea, that is odd
    FAVORITE QUOTES

Whatever Is Good And Perfect Comes To Us From God Above, Who Created All Heavens - James 1:17 (i.e. - Pot )

"Never Argue With An Idiot, They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience"

"Happiness Is Not A Destination, It Is a Method Of Life" - Burton Hills

It's been one of those days so I may be ... either way I'm ... but I can't forget that I'm ... but I look like ...

I Just Love These

Quote Originally Posted by greenatik View Post
    LOL, thats an easy one! Im broke and rockwool is expensive. Those are 5 gal buckets, should be plenty of RW. I had so much money before I moved to cali, but things are f-ing expensive here. But Im not complaining...look what I can do!

looks good man, have you checked the color of the trichs yet?

Dankhawk is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by theforthdrive View Post
    for some reason i cant figure out how to get a descent close up but here is what i could get. Boths plants are at week 8! and Im happy to report that the blue dream/sativa is starting to turn! maybe a couple more weeks. In the photo where they are side by side. the left plant is silver kush and the right on is the dream! thoughts?

Doesnt look like blue dream to me. I got a room full of her and shes way more sativa looking than those. Giant fan leaves, mad trichs by the 3rd week. It may be that its in soil but that wouldnt change the way the leaves are. BD is a nice yielder in hydro.

bowlinbright is offline Registered+
    the blue dream i get from the club is really dense if that helps : )

purplekush989 is offline Registered+
    the last 2-3 weeks of flower are when the buds get fat. you just have to wait it out.
    "I'm rolling up a sweet,
    I'm fillin' it with kief,
    I'm too high to talk bitch,
    Keep it real brief."
    -Birdman, "Cali Dro"

scout4 is offline Registered
    hey purple kush - i'm a first time blue dream grower and have a question for a vet like you - when should I top the plants?
    I have 4 BDs 2 Sour Deisel plants, I've had them for 2 weeks, got them as clones. They're in a 4X4X6 foot indoor grow hut with a 600 mh light, can fan and oscilating fan, Botinacare nutrients.
    Since BD is such a slow grower (although mine are getting pretty big for 2 weeks) when should I top the plants? A week or two before going into flowering stage (12/12 hrs)?
    Thanks!

thabusiness00 is offline Registered

but thats me

i would top mid veg stage

cigarettes42 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by thabusiness00 View Post
    i would top mid veg stage
    pretty late advice for this guy who started this thread 2 years ago

Bucket Ebb/Flow GDP - Sensi grow/bloom w/ff water soluables.

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...dy-purple.html

Herbieman420 is offline Registered
    hey i have a blue dream in my collection and i was wondering how long did your plants take to branch out, its taking a rediculosly long time the plant is like a month and a half and there is mo branches just 6 nodes of leaves, its under 200w cfl and100w florescent in normal soil, i dont want to fertiliz because its so fucking small. its in a 1 gal pot for now and not root bound at all