Thread: Do male plants have buds?

zoott is offline Registered+

Do male plants have buds?

Do male plants have buds?
    Where does the pollen come from?

ijustloveweed is offline Registered+
    if u mean buds as in marijuana, then no but they grow kinda ball sac lookin things that if left alone will release pollen into the air and will make any females non virgins (gotta have them virgins man) and you will end up with some pretty shitty weed....so just kill the males

Storm Crow is offline Registered+

Lightbulb Hon,

Go do a search, there are many articles with beautifully detailed, larger than life, photos of male, female and hermi flowers. A picture is worth 1,000 words!

- Granny
    "If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"
    Granny's Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

Granny's list's on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Buds in the technical botanical sense, yes. Male flowers, like all flowers, start out as a structure that is called a bud. However...

Buds in the 'yo maaaaan I got some dank bud' sense, no. 'Buds' that you smoke are just a big pile of female sex parts (calyxes) covered in surface resin structures (trichomes). These form on female plants only, although in rare cases an exceptional male that produces trichomes may be found.

deemakaveli is offline Registered

Do males bud at all?

My plant has a sack coming from the armpit area where bud would grow. I've had two people identify it as a hermy, but I'm not sure, it looks like seeds are coming from where the bud would grow.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Pics?
    Are there white hairs coming out of the sacks, or are the sacks on a little stem?
    Hair=female
    Stem=male

Are there clusters of little sacks all together, or one fat sack in the branch node area?
    Cluster=male
    Single (at first)=female

Harmzoul is offline Registered
    hey just a quick question for ya i have a plant and there is lots of bud starting aka white hairs covered in them but at the nodes there is a single sack with a white hair coming out of it the plant is about 3 weeks into flowering what is in those sacks? and can female plants produce seeds without contact from a male??

dooobster is offline Registered+
    Those singular sacks are just individual female flowers, unless they've been pollinated there's nothing in them.

The only way a female can produce a seed with no contact ffom a male is if iy ha hermied and has a hidden male flower somewhere on it.
    Legalize it!