Thread: Miracle Grow Singles (how often how much?)

FunkMeister is offline Registered+

Miracle Grow Singles (how often how much?)

i was reading sumthing about miracle gro fertilizer singles and was wondering how often u would watern a plant with them, the npk is 24-8-16 and and says one packet per gallon (for outdoor inground plants) and half a packet for a gallon for indoor plants. they say to use every 7 to 14 days, but i also remember hearing in a grow guide or two that, although some fertilizers are recomended every few days, some growers still use them at every watering with great results.. does this rule apply to this type?

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    Always start on the low side and build your way up. There's an awful lot of nitrogen in that so I wouldn't recommend it for flowering but it should work ok for vegging. Bone Meal is a nice fert to add to the soil.

ToPHeR31 is offline Registered+
    I have some Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Soil formula..should I use that for flower or Veg?

to answer your question toph, u shoudl read the NPK numbers on the label, for example my ferts numbers are 24-8-16, my fert is good for vegatative growth because it is hight in its first number: Nitrogen (N), the second number, Phosphate, is low, and so is not as good for flowering as other ferts. if ur second number is ur higher number of the three, then it should be ok for flowering..

thanks bro and then for watering I see everything is pretty much broken down by the gallon...I dont water my plant a gallon at a time of course so is there any further breakdown?...I have heard of water, feed, water schedule but how much?
    Last edited by ToPHeR31; Nov-02-2008 at 15:54.

ah yah idk thats a good question. i dont know much of schedualing but i can say that it depends on ur soil. im going to be transplanting my plant into a huge batch of standard, non-ferted potting mix and so will be watering with my fert at every watering.. what soil u gonna be using?

Promix

idk bout the soil? is it ferted or just standard potting mix?