Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Rusty Trichome
  • 1 Post By Rusty Trichome
  • 1 Post By Dutch Pimp
  • 1 Post By 420CannaMeds

Thread: Pictures of a cannabis plant's male flowers. (nanners)

Pictures of a cannabis plant's male flowers. (nanners)

Am currently waiting for some female Mexican Indica dom's to mature enough for pollination, but the males are pretty-much ready, and I just happened to have my camera handy. Thought I'd share some pictures to help members identify male plants. All shots are of males, and male 'nanners'.

On some female plants, the calyx can start-off looking like a male pollen sack. But if after a few days there isn't a pair of pistols (hairs) coming out of the pointy-end of the sack...likely it's a male. The nanners end up looking like a bunch of grapes, and will eventually open to look like a flower hanging upside-down. At this point (the first picture) pollen is being released. (you can see the pollen on the leaves below the flowers) Takes a week or two under 12/12 for nanners to start opening into the flower.

The last shot is of my windscreen. It protects the ladies from pollen releases, but you still have to pay attention, and collect as much pollen as possible, as quickly and carefully as possible. Been using this for a few years, with no problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures of a cannabis plant's male flowers. (nanners)-male-nanners.jpg   Pictures of a cannabis plant's male flowers. (nanners)-male-nanners-2.jpg   Pictures of a cannabis plant's male flowers. (nanners)-male-nanners-3.jpg  

Pictures of a cannabis plant's male flowers. (nanners)-wind-screen-males.jpg  
    420CannaMeds and painretreat like this.

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+
    Great pics... RT...

When I first started growing...sexing the plants had me worried beyond belief. The pics at Overgrow got me over the hump. Good pics are worth a thousand explanations.

I ran across some good hermi pics...should I add them here?...don't wanna jack your thread.....
    Last edited by Dutch Pimp; Apr-12-2009 at 14:05.

Was going to eventually force some more hermies for femming, (later this summer) but if you've already got some shots, I have no objections. I should probably start a different thread for that process, anyway. (but thanks for asking first. )
    painretreat likes this.

Dutch Pimp is offline Registered+

Cool Aunt and Uncle Hermie

Exhibit A:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures of a cannabis plant's male flowers. (nanners)-user64159_pic53795_1239512753.jpg   Pictures of a cannabis plant's male flowers. (nanners)-user64159_pic53796_1239512753.jpg   Pictures of a cannabis plant's male flowers. (nanners)-user64159_pic53797_1239512794.jpg  

painretreat likes this.

Greenthing is offline Registered+
    Great photos they will be of help to me in the near future.
    Thanks Rusy and Dutch.
    Stinkyattic's troubleshooting form.
    Click here

There can be only one. it's the Wife.
    Profit is Vanity, Quality is Sanity

420CannaMeds is offline Registered+
    A friend of mine needed to see what male flowers looked like (new grower) so I sent him these pics.

What camera did you use?

Thanks, over and out.
    Last edited by 420CannaMeds; Dec-04-2011 at 15:59.
    painretreat likes this.