Thread: Stress after transplant

trancehead is offline Registered

Stress after transplant

I added new soil under the old by flipping the plans out of there pots adding new soil then putting the plants back in, the one iam showing here had roots all over the bottom, and when i went to put them back in the pot the bottom 1/3 of the soil was loose and fell apart somewhat, now 3 days later they look like this, is this just signs of stress from the transplant, or something worse???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stress after transplant-img_8296.jpg   Stress after transplant-img_8307.jpg   Stress after transplant-img_8310.jpg  

Stress after transplant-img_8311.jpg   Stress after transplant-img_8312.jpg  

Greenthing is offline Registered+
    Give them time to recover.
    You put em back in the same pots, i thought the idea of transplant was when the plant is rootbound you put them into bigger pots.
    Stinkyattic's troubleshooting form.
    Click here

There can be only one. it's the Wife.
    Profit is Vanity, Quality is Sanity

trancehead is offline Registered
    originally they were about 3 inches down in the pots, so bad air circulation, so i just added more soil under them to lift them out of there and give better air flow

Well it should not take very long for the roots to get through 3 inches.
    Good luck matey.
    Click here

I tried pointing-out to him (her?) that it could wait till the next transplant, but his soil level was low, so I understand his dilema, lol. I am kinda curious why they were'nt transplanted, too. Perhaps no larger pots, or not enough soil...?

Regardless, no harm in what was done, and the plants will love the fresh meat. (roadkill is added to some potting mixes) Should be just a couple of days before the roots acclimate, and normal growth returns. I'd start looking for larger pots, though, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Trichome View Post
    I tried pointing-out to him (her?) that it could wait till the next transplant, but his soil level was low, so I understand his dilema, lol. I am kinda curious why they were'nt transplanted, too. Perhaps no larger pots, or not enough soil...?

Regardless, no harm in what was done, and the plants will love the fresh meat. (roadkill is added to some potting mixes) Should be just a couple of days before the roots acclimate, and normal growth returns. I'd start looking for larger pots, though, lol.
    Yeah i hear you Rusty
    Click here

facn8ing is offline Registered

wilting plants

Quote Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
    I added new soil under the old by flipping the plans out of there pots adding new soil then putting the plants back in, the one iam showing here had roots all over the bottom, and when i went to put them back in the pot the bottom 1/3 of the soil was loose and fell apart somewhat, now 3 days later they look like this, is this just signs of stress from the transplant, or something worse???

I have the same problem just a little different. I transplanted my plants into new soil as they was root bound. in doing so they wilted, then later that evening they perked back up. But now this morning they are completely wilted, i dont know what to do for them. I really dont want to lose them at this stage, i have put a lot of time into them. Any ideas would be very helpful.