Thread: Seedlings in Coco question

aquanaut is offline Registered+

Seedlings in Coco question

After my seeds germed I put them in some Canna Coco. Should I water them with a tiny amount of the A & B ferts or wait a week or so?

Wasn't too sure since I thought Coco didn't have any nutes in it to begin with as some organic soils.

Thanks!

Well... being my first grow and freaking out about everything. I added 25% of the recommended dosage at 1 week to my water. Which ended up being 0.5mL of the part A and B nutes.

Watered last night and things are still looking good today.

Faddenator is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by aquanaut View Post
    Well... being my first grow and freaking out about everything. I added 25% of the recommended dosage at 1 week to my water. Which ended up being 0.5mL of the part A and B nutes.

Watered last night and things are still looking good today.
    Im glad they're doing good, sorry about the lack of responses... idk why no one did. I dont use coco so I dont know much about it, but if it doesnt have any natural nutes, then yes youll want to keep using that 25% solution till leaves just start to get lighter green/yellow, then up to 50%, so on, and so forth. I believe you should feed every other watering.

good luck
    When in doubt, fill it out. :CanCom Troubleshooting Form

Any/all posts made by the person(s) under this username are 100% fictional and are for the purpose of online role play. Any/all images/videos associated with this username are compiled from various locations on the internet and are in no way connected to person(s) under this username. Therefore, any form of media associated with this username should be regarded as solely fictional and for entertainment purposes only.

MerryPrankstr is offline Registered+

Guess everyone's been busy...

Yep, I also use a diluted A & B solution from day 1 with good success.

Good luck with your grow!

M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryPrankstr View Post
    Yep, I also use a diluted A & B solution from day 1 with good success.

Good luck with your grow!

M.P.
    Sweet, good to know! Mind sharing the ratio you use at day 1?

PhatJay is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Faddenator View Post
    Im glad they're doing good, sorry about the lack of responses... idk why no one did. I dont use coco so I dont know much about it, but if it doesnt have any natural nutes, then yes youll want to keep using that 25% solution till leaves just start to get lighter green/yellow, then up to 50%, so on, and so forth. I believe you should feed every other watering.
    I am 8 weeks into my 1st grow and I use Canna Coco, I used Canna Start for the 1st 2 weeks. But if I didn't have any Canna Start, I would do something similar to the above. Canna Coco doesn't have an nutes of it's own, so they need a little something to get them started. I was giving my girls about 200mls of water/food a day at the start and feeding 2 days on 1 day off.

It would be nice if you could start a grow log Aquanaut, then we could trade information.

Phat Jays 1st Grow (belated log w/pics)

MerryPrankstr is offline Registered+

I meant to say diluted part A and C

I usually follow the ratios from this thread:

The recipe

Again, best of luck with your grow!

M.P.

@Phat - Hey thanks for the info, I'll look into Canna Start for my next grow. Oh, I do have a grow log (aquanauts) First bagseed grow!

@Merry - Thanks for the link I'll be sure to check it out.

PhatJay is offline Registered+
    Now that I have seen the pics in your grow log, I would hang back 7 days on any feeding. They are still just seedlings.