Thread: homemade organic fertilizer

STIMPY21 is offline Registered+

homemade organic fertilizer

Does anyone have a recipe for making homemade fertilizer and directions for it's use? I am planning an outdoor grow this summer and have heard much about radioactive residues in commercial fertilizers and would like to make my plants as organic and safe as possibel after all I will be eating and smoking this.
    STIMPY21

redtails is offline Registered+
    I suggest using the nifty feature on this site called "Search"...
    Take everything said with a grain of salt, nobody knows everything and everybody knows nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by STIMPY21 View Post
    I am planning an outdoor grow this summer and have heard much about radioactive residues in commercial fertilizers and would like to make my plants as organic and safe as possibel after all I will be eating and smoking this.
    STIMPY21
    Hmmm...perhaps you shouldn't grow them outdoors then, what with all the UVA, UVB, UVC radiation from the sun, radon from the ground...you'll be a nervous mess all season.

Sounds to me like someone has been blowing smoke up your butt. Commercial mixes are fine, as far as I know. Also, in my opinion...organic is waaaay overrated and usually much more expensive with no proven benefits other than a false sense of it being 'better' than non-organic.

If you do find one that's radioactive...buy it, use it once, and sue the crap out of the manufacturer.

chuangxin is offline Registered
    Homemade? no. i am using some seaweed & humic acid organic fertilizer, buy from amazon