Cannabis.com

Thread: adjusting ph levels

TamyLove420 is offline Registered+

Question adjusting ph levels

Well I read on a website that a good home remedy for lowering/raising your ph levels is either vinegar or baking soda so I added a tiny bit to my plants water, tested it, and my ph was back to normal. I was wondering even though baking soda is good for adjusting the ph, is it good for the plants and how often should I use it? Thanks!

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

I forgot to say that when I added my nutrients it drops my ph 2 full points...so it looks like its inevitable that I'm gonna have to use this method everytime I feed my plants. Is this ok?

TANKJR is offline Registered+
    You would be better advised to get plant PH rise, and lower, than to use vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda, etc, to adjust ph. But short term, you're probably alright using it.
    No matter where I go....there I am! It never ceases to amaze me!

"'Scuse me, while I kiss the sky..." Jimi Hendrix

I'm so old, I can remember buying "lids" of weed for $10 and it had nothing to do with weight or jars, it was just as much as you could cram into a sandwich bag...Me

VOTE TO LEGALIZE INDUSTRIAL HEMP!
    VOTE TO LEGALIZE MEDICAL MARIJUANA!
    Not everybody has legal access yet!

Quote Originally Posted by TANKJR View Post
    You would be better advised to get plant PH rise, and lower, than to use vinegar, lemon juice, baking soda, etc, to adjust ph. But short term, you're probably alright using it.

Im definitly gonna have 2 invest. Lol. But just wondering, What are the long term effects?

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    Been using baking soda for years, not only on the garden but on the hot tub too. Plants don't seem to notice.
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.

Unless your water sourse has an incoinsistent ph, usually we only need either the phUp, or the phDown. Rarely both.

Watch for metals and salt build-up when using Baking soda. I used to keep corals (saltwater tank) and remember reading that there's metals and such in the impure forms of BS.

The link below is from one of the sites I used to frequent, and is all you ever wanted to know about buffering water ph with BS. But it does open-up a snakes nest when trying to figure-out carbonate hardness versus general hardness...and other little technical facts like that. But it's doubtfull that you'll want to keep and maintain a 8.2 to 8.4 ph, so you won't be pushing the limits nearly as hard as saltwater reefers do. Was great for me...my tapwater comes out at 7.9 to 8.0 ph. Very little adjustment necessary.

Baking Soda Insights