• 1 Post By Esteban1
  • 2 Post By growdemon
  • 2 Post By growdemon
  • 1 Post By Farang

Thread: Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites and Thrips. AAAAH

1st timer is offline Registered+

Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites and Thrips. AAAAH

Hello,

So two/three weeks ago i noticed some white dandruff like powder on my plant leaves. They started on the lower leaves and worked their way up.
    I thought it was powdery mildew until today when I noticed stuff on the underside of the leaves.

I had sprayed them three times with milk and baking soda and a little bit of dish washing liquid soap.
    I bought cannacure (CannaCure Spray 750ml Spidermite Pest | eBay) yesterday and sprayed them, but they look worse today than they were yesterday.

I also sprayed some bleach around the cupboard and took my plants out for an hour to let the breach dissipate.

I have attached two pictures - one the dandruff on top, two the shit on the bottom of the leaves.

Can someone please help?
    Is this spidermites? Is this Thrip? I don't think it's powdery mildew anymore.

It's gotten quite bad since yesterday.
    I am 3.5 weeks into flower so not sure what I can/cannot use in terms of poisoning my crop and buds.

Should i just continue with cannacure spray every 3 days?
    Is there something stronger i could buy?

The plants otherwise are healthy. The haze has fat buds already and the sativa dominant hybrid is flowering very slowly. My third plant i had to kill because it was male. Sucked, I spent 3 months vegging it and it was 6ft tall.
    Thanks for tips everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites and Thrips. AAAAH-photo-16-.jpg   Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites and Thrips. AAAAH-photo-17-.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Esteban1 is offline Registered+
    Appears to be larvae, had this on an indica @ the end of last years grow. Total infestation? Would say neem oil spray if ya could. Was told not to use this "in flower" but your girls are early so possibly? Wish I could give a better answer, but don't fret, someone will be here to help.
    1st timer likes this.
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7

yep pretty much everywhere. it's worse on the more yellow-ed leaves.

by larvae do you mean that it's not spider mite? or the larvae of the spider mites? it is fungus gnats or something else maybe?

my local hydroponics stuff stocks alot of spider mite treatments- stuff that you can mix in with the water you give the soil, stuff that you can spray on etc.
    i'm not sure what my problem is, so i don't know what to go and buy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites and Thrips. AAAAH-photo-18-.jpg   Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites and Thrips. AAAAH-photo-19-.jpg  

there are definitely some crawling black insects in the soil.
    Spider mites are white? so these are fungus gnats?!!

any reviews on these products? will they help me?
    'Gnat Off' apparently you can mix in with the water you feed the plants with. The bacteria kills the larvae it says.
    'Spray Safe' apparently kills spider mites in 5 seconds. will this work on my problem?

can i 'forteg p' bomb my cupboard with the plants inside it? if i need to move the plants from the cupboard, how soon before i can put them back in? can i leave them in the same room and just bomb the cupboard (i.e. 1metre away?)

'Nil nat' ?

I am 3.5 weeks into flower and have solid buds and pistils so i don't want to harm them...

there are definitely some crawling black insects in the soil.
    Spider mites are white? so these are fungus gnats?!!

any reviews on these products? will they help me?
    'Gnat Off' apparently you can mix in with the water you feed the plants with. The bacteria kills the larvae it says.
    'Spray Safe' apparently kills spider mites in 5 seconds. will this work on my problem?

can i 'forteg p' bomb my cupboard with the plants inside it? if i need to move the plants from the cupboard, how soon before i can put them back in? can i leave them in the same room and just bomb the cupboard (i.e. 1metre away?)

'Nil nat' ?

I am 3.5 weeks into flower and have solid buds and pistils so i don't want to harm them...

Bump. Anyone?
    Don't know what I have. I think they are fungus gnats on the roots?
    What's the white dandruff on the top off the leaves and the black spots on both the underside and top of the leaves across the entire plant?please help!

Esteban1 is offline Registered+
    Powdery mildew possibly? Spray with diluted hydrogen peroxide
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7

I originally thought it was PM, but now not sure. I did 3 foliar sprays with milk + baking soda and a drop of dish soap. And I've done one spray with Canacure. It hasn't helped!
    I'm letting them dry and wilt to kill the stuff in the soil but would greatly appreciate any suggestions on what my prob is and how to fix it!

growdemon is offline Registered+
    dude those are white flies

you can try my beer trick, but its already too late. you have eggs under your leafs. you can get rid of them by..

taking your finger, dip it in water and run it across the bottom of the leaf, takes the eggs right off. get some sticky fly traps.
    also any leafs that are totally infested i'd just pluck them off, its really the only way to get rid of them.

after you do that, take you plant outside and blow on it, canned air works good. this will get rid of the ones flying around, shake the plant. inspect it then bring it back inside.

chances are that you have some flowers (hibiscus is the worst) near your house, bushes ,,shrubs,, ect that is breeding white flies, get rid of those too, or use pesticide
    1st timer and HoggMann like this.

the ones in the dirt are probably just typical dirt gnats, chances are it was already in the soil your using

beer attracts them and kills them, get some cheap smelly beer and put it in a low saucer cup above your dirt
    1st timer and HoggMann like this.

iGanja is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by growdemon View Post
    the ones in the dirt are probably just typical dirt gnats, chances are it was already in the soil your using

beer attracts them and kills them, get some cheap smelly beer and put it in a low saucer cup above your dirt
    Bud light cheap enough? Lol

it might be too light! j/k

organiccaregiver is offline Registered+
    the only way to completely recover from an infestation of insects its to buy only one product. BLEACH. Destroy your plants and start completely over. Clean room ceiling, walls, floor, all equipment used. Throw out all plants, soil/medium, pots, twine, wood steaks, basicly anything a small insect can hid that cant be cleaned with bleach easily. Do this method if you don't want bugs next time.

also, bugs/mold thrive in conditions with low airflow and high humidity. So when you start up again increase your air flow(FAE, and circulation), and decrease your humidity. Good luck

mr samsung is offline Registered+
    try Plant Vitality Plus ive used this item 5 weeks into flower and always have brilliant results with it! give it a try and i think you will be pleased at very least it will kill 3 3/4S Of them but most of the time it completely irradiates everything including EGGS AND LARVY

GATXBUCK is offline Registered+
    "So when you start up again increase your air flow(FAE, and circulation), and decrease your humidity."...What humidity level(s) do you try to maintain in veg,flower during lites on and flower when lites are out?
    Last edited by GATXBUCK; Dec-13-2013 at 02:00.

Farang is offline Registered+
    not that I've had a lot of trouble with these sorts of things, but for basically anything organic, I spray with a dilute solution of H2O2, hydrogen peroxide.

I began with solutions in the 3.5% range and reduced to .75% solution. it doesn't seem to impact the plant in either veg or flower but works. but best not to get too much on the soil as it kills all the good microbes working down there.
    Shovelhandle likes this.

GATXBUCK is offline Registered+
    I just ran across this and found it very informative,especially for you begginers.A quik and ez read with a lot of good pics. http://webdoc.agsci.colostate.edu/bs...tober%2025.pdf
    Last edited by GATXBUCK; Dec-16-2013 at 20:13.