Thread: The best strains for hot ,dry climate?

J DOG 6000 is offline Registered+

Question The best strains for hot ,dry climate?

Exactly what the title says.

PinkLatinaKali is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by J DOG 6000
    Exactly what the title says.

when we lived in cuba ..we grew almost everything because of weather
    was so hot and perfect for growing ... if this means you want to grow a
    certain kind you can go with indica strains or a sal

i like the indica strains though because it takes less time and sometimes
    produces more bud just according to how you grow it really

strains indica 100 %

1 -Dynamite : Indoor/Outdoor-indica. Squat growing indica. Huge main cola if bottoms trimmed. Dynamite is well known of heavy yields and consistent high quality. Fruity resinous smoke, very popular with locals, One week veg for a SOG. Can be harvested in 6-7 weeks, but if left longer pink/purple colors will show and the buds are sweeter.
    Flowering time 45 days

2-Durga Mata : Indoor/Outdoor-indica. The Mother Goddess is a cross of two Super Shivas. Selected for for the resin content, this gorgeous plant has a unique aroma and an herbal, spicy flavor. You should get to know her, sahe's easy to grow. Flowering time 7 to 8 weeks Yield 400 to 450 gm/sq m. Harvest outdoor Beginning of Oct.

3-Early Bramble : Outdoor-indica. This strain is going to be fast, not too big, with a very respectable yield.
    Height 3 to 4 feet Yield 4 to 8 oz Harvest outdoor Aug 15 toSept 5

4-First Lady : Indoor/Outdoor-indica. True to its name, this is one of the fastest flowering varieties available. These dominant Indica ladies will flower rapidly and grab your attention in the way that only a Lady can. Originated in the high valleys near Mazar-I-Sharif, Chitral, and Kandahar, in Afghanistan and Pakistan; this Indica cross will remind our older growers of the good old days when the first ladies were introduced in the western world. This strain is characterized by broad plants with short, woody stems and internodes, and large dark green leaves.
    Height 100-130 cm. Flowering time 45-50 days Yield up to 100 gr.

5-Holland's Hope : Outdoor-indica. One of the first Dutch outdoor strains, grown in Holland since the early eighties. A heavy Indica variety with a knock-out stone. Very mold resistant.
    Flowering time 50-60 days

good luck and Gods Speed with your grow
    A small price is paid for being who we are ..it's not the fact you haters don't get it ..it's the fact your own issues make up your life

Nochowderforyou is offline Registered+
    If I remember right, Sativas love the hot, dry climate. Go with something sativa man.

Pink Latin Kali...
    How hot did it get in cuba?

Pink Latin Kali...
    How hot did it get in cuba?

Sometimes as hot as the az desert is right now which is over 110 temp

if you want your plants small and quick go with the 1's i've listed on
    here ..because of grow rate sals they get extremly tall in hot and dry
    climates ..you can go with whatever you want ..but i still say the indica
    would be my best bet for a quick grow
    A small price is paid for being who we are ..it's not the fact you haters don't get it ..it's the fact your own issues make up your life

I'm already growing 1 Somango(Jack Herer Pheno) ,1 somango (Big Skunk Korean Pheno) ,1 Romulan and 1 Blue Moonshine...
    All are mostly indica exept the somango's...ther 25% indica and 75% sativa (the Jack Herer pheno is get ting big)

Pink Latina Kali
    So none of your plants went hermie from the heat?

It's been about 105 for about 5 hours a day...it gets down to 80 at night...it's supposed to cool off soon.

I'm already growing 1 Somango(Jack Herer Pheno) ,1 somango (Big Skunk Korean Pheno) ,1 Romulan and 1 Blue Moonshine...
    All are mostly indica exept the somango's...ther 25% indica and 75% sativa (the Jack Herer pheno is get ting big)

Pink Latina Kali
    So none of your plants went hermie from the heat?

It's been about 105 for about 5 hours a day...it gets down to 80 at night...it's supposed to cool off soon.

No before we had maybe a few go herm on us but that was living in cuba not the united states .. i live in michigan it just don't get hot enough to burn them that bad here ..so the climate is alot better here

Cool,I was asking about hermies in Cuba...
    Ya,It's been hot here ,I'm probably gonna end up picking male flowers of my somango's...hopefully not.

Cool,I was asking about hermies in Cuba...
    Ya,It's been hot here ,I'm probably gonna end up picking male flowers of my somango's...hopefully not.

thats a shame ...it really it is because thats an awesome strain
    and well it's a waste if that happens

i remember my bro growing this white widow in cuba
    and about 3 months into the grow process it produced
    both male and female signs in the strain so we ended with
    very weak amount of bud and near 4 dollars worth of plants
    down the tubes

not 4 lol !

400 dollars haahaa

That sucks!
    I think hermie's happen if a strain isn't that stable ,like an F2 or a crappy pheno of something good...
    but I've also heard that hot,hot weather can turn them...
    Does anyone know if this is true?

I got lots of plants inside too ,so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.But that strain is only outside so that would suck.

I've heard nasty nasty rumors about the heat levels on plants causing major problems with growing during the heat of the summer ..

i think if i was going to grow i would do it during early spring till around october