Thread: Newbie Grow

ChronicOz is offline Registered

Exclamation Newbie Grow

Well I have my closet setup half-assed but 7/7 sprouted. I am extremely cramped on room. I pulled some seeds out of some mid-high grade shit, nothing super. I'm not exspecting it to grow to the quality of the stuff I got the seeds out of considering no nutes, and only 2 42-150 CFL's. I'll take some pics of my setup so everyone can laugh at how ghetto it really is, but hey something growing is better than nothing. I'm don't plan on buying anything else for this little project except for me getting rid of the tall ass lamps. You'll see what I mean on the pics. Wish me luck!

Here's some of the setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie Grow-picture-087.jpg   Newbie Grow-picture-086.jpg   Newbie Grow-picture-085.jpg  

Newbie Grow-picture-084.jpg   Newbie Grow-picture-083.jpg  

Here's the rest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie Grow-picture-082.jpg   Newbie Grow-picture-081.jpg   Newbie Grow-picture-080.jpg  

turtle420 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronicOz
    Well I have my closet setup half-assed but 7/7 sprouted. I am extremely cramped on room. I pulled some seeds out of some mid-high grade shit, nothing super. I'm not exspecting it to grow to the quality of the stuff I got the seeds out of considering no nutes, and only 2 42-150 CFL's. I'll take some pics of my setup so everyone can laugh at how ghetto it really is, but hey something growing is better than nothing. I'm don't plan on buying anything else for this little project except for me getting rid of the tall ass lamps. You'll see what I mean on the pics. Wish me luck!
    Hey dude, what's up?

I'm looking at your pictures... Nice...

Dude, it'll just keep on getting better and better. You can grow some nice plants with filtered water, SuperTHRIVE and Schlutz Cactus Juice. That's the mix I use for my girls (prescription of Dr. R. Kaze)...

Check our Wanker Knowm's thread... [[[[[What does a healthy 2 week old plant look like? he did wonders with CFLs.... I mean, he's presently doing wonders with CFLs. The lights you're using... I believe those are the same lights I'm using 42-150. Long U tubes.

Check out gK's plants man... they look killer for using just CFLs.

I think you should buy something for your floor... so the carpet doesn't get fucked up. Definitely buy the bulb sockets+cables for your setup.

You need to get fresh air into the plants. But "fresh air" isn't new, cool air from inside the room. You need air from outside the house/apartment/prison cell. If you don't give them air from Mother Nature they will quasi-stun their growth.

What are your plans for the plants? Soil? Hydro?
    Do you have some basic tools? It'd be good if you could build a sort of frame for the lights and such out of wood... or whatever material.

Anyhow, good info to know:
    What's your budget?
    What do you want to grow? (hydro, soil, etc)
    What size the growing space?
    Can you cut/modify/make holes in the door?

Best,

-turtle420

Ooops... ok, not the same CFLs...

Exclamation

Well I have an open window that's not far from the fan so fresh air isn't an issue. After I get the cords I'll probably put about eight of these lights in there. I'm using "Moisture Control" Miracle Grow, I don't really plan on using any nutes but maybe I will find something worth using. Where do I get the Superthrive, I have seen that in quite a few posts. The Carpet should be okay too after I get to the point of transplanting. Also there is a shelf with a clothes hangar bar going accross the top in the closet I was going to run the lights down from. The closet is 3x3x7 which isn't really enough room for seven plants but they aren't bag seeds either i'll be lucky to get two females probably. I guess we'll see what happens!

Exclamation

Also it baffles me but I cannot find any tube CFL's that are worth two sh*ts so i'm stuck with these tiny ass things.

Don't use Miracle Grow... your buds will taste like Miracle Grow.

Can you go to WalMart for the CFLs?
    Are you going to go the entire grow with that closet door open? You should think about "formalizing" it a little bit more. Can't you cut/make holes in the door?

The whole room doesn't get used I just don't want to fill the entire room with plants. Also for some reason the Wal-Mart nearest here does not have any tube over like 20w so that's kinda useless and no I can't really alter the door.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronicOz
    The whole room doesn't get used I just don't want to fill the entire room with plants. Also for some reason the Wal-Mart nearest here does not have any tube over like 20w so that's kinda useless and no I can't really alter the door.
    Ok... forget the door-modification idea....

Well, about how much is your budget?
    What are you expecting to get out of this grow? A learning experience? Smokable buds? Shitloads of buds? Highquality buds?

Asking, because I'm thinking shitloads of things over here...

Best dude,

-turtle420

Exclamation

I'm basically just learning and I really only exspect to get maybe two decent females, no giants. I'll probably flower at about 16 inches.

ahem..ahem...in the words of a wise wise grower...go cheap...grow cheap..nuff said

Exclamation

Ahem.. Ahem.. I'm not here to impress you I'm here to talk to people that have the same intrests. Don't hate, also if you cannot read I don't really know what to say because well.. obviously if you can't read there is no point in typing all this sh*t in but I will anyway maybe your mommy will read it to you. I believe I said I was just hoping for something to grow and I could really care less how good of a turnout I get but yeah thanks for your hay pennys worth.

Oh yeah, hi Turtle!

Exclamation

Day 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie Grow-picture-088.jpg   Newbie Grow-picture-089.jpg   Newbie Grow-picture-090.jpg