Cannabis.com

Thread: Organic or Hydro?

orangeman is offline Banned

Organic or Hydro?

Well I was wondering whats the best growing medium and why? I'm asking this question because I'm not for sure if "dro" is used for a slang word for marijuana or if they really mean it was grown hydrophonically. If they mean it was grown hydrophonically then I have to say it's some of the best shit I've ever smoked before in my life-time (lol yeah it was that good). So I'm wondering should I grow hydrophonically or organically. Please explain why and which do you guys think is better.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

rantingsweed is offline Registered+
    yea dro means it was grown hydroponically, i believe growing this way can equal higher yield, with a shorter growth time. please correct me if im wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkamander
    So, like, there won't be ANY boob showing?

Lame. I'm gonna go beat off in the dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReclusiveBoy
    but i managed to force 2 peices of bread some soup a crumpet and some chocolate down my throat but i just cant eat properly.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinSumWeedo View Post
    Obviously some pussy nerds are gonna be like "by my calculations the syrup in the slurpee will kill you or somthing" My only worry would be if THC gets gay in it.

Well you are correct but I'm concerned with the potency? Is it possible to gain more potent bud when grown hydroponically than organically?

Da1KrayzieThug is offline Registered+
    Potency comes strictly from the strain. Hydrponic growing results in more horizontal growth, and faster overall growth. Because of the extra growth the ability to achieve higher yields in shorter times is possible. Many people prefer soil grown cannabis with organic nutrients due to the taste but this is a widely disputed opinionwise thing. Also, the term 'organic' usually applies for the nutrients that people use (just for future reference.) Goodluck <3
    Every post I make is purely fictional. Any information I have about cannabis is either through common sense or intensive reading. Any pictures posted by myself or anyone using my username are not my own and are in fact pictures I found on google images. I will not be held responsible for anything that I say on these forums.

Ok thanks alot but...The taste is different but still, hydro isnt nasty...to me lol.

Da1KrayzieThug is offline Registered+
    Again, it's all personal preference. I am usually a person to be really picky with my plants.
    Every post I make is purely fictional. Any information I have about cannabis is either through common sense or intensive reading. Any pictures posted by myself or anyone using my username are not my own and are in fact pictures I found on google images. I will not be held responsible for anything that I say on these forums.

Yeah, I would be the same way when I start growing. Btw do you have any suggestions of some hydro kits? I dont feel like building one. I rather buy one. Is there any good ones (In America) that I could buy?

towel is offline Registered+
    You should look into the waterfarm by general hydroponics. They are only $50 each at my local hydro shop and they come with everything you need except for a ph and ppm meter.

I started my grow with two plants in waterfarms and two in soil. I wanted to compare the yield of soil vs. hydroponics. Once I got the nutrients right, the plants in the waterfarms started growing way faster than the soil plants. They grew so much faster than the soil plants that I decided to buy two more waterfarms so the soil plants weren't smothered by the hydros

friendowl is offline Registered+
    dont spend extra cash on stuff.
    just get some 5 gallon buckets.
    some air pumps and some airstones.
    get the 10 inch net pots heavy duty.[they fit perfectly over the 5 gal.]
    fill with hydroton and your off.
    you will be surprised how fast they grow in hydro

Herbus is offline Registered+
    What about organic hydro? The word organic (in this case) simply means derived from natural unmanupulated sources. It means that none of your ingredients are chemically treated by people. Lots of people grow hydroponic and organically.

Herbus

Well I have a question...I heard that plants growing too close to each other could cause mold or something..Now if hydroponics are suppose to increase what you would get when growing in soil doesnt that mean the plants would be even bigger? I'm asking this because I think I might buy this...http://www.hhydro.com/cgi-bin/hhydro/HH00465.html but it looks like the plants will be too close together :P.