Thread: Right before harvest...do you flush?

orangeman is offline Banned

Right before harvest...do you flush?

I was wondering like, a week right before you get ready to harvest do you flush your plant or just feed it water to out-weigh all the nutrients? I know the second part may sound dumb but I've never grown before but in this book I read there was a picture of someone and the description said something like "A nice plant flushed ready to be harvested in another week". What do you guys think?

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    I know that you stop ferting 2 weeks before you start harvest, but i dunno about flushing is just before, it should have naturally got used to not having fert i think, but im no pro

litespeed is offline Registered+
    2 weeks before you start harvest:
    soil: flush till it runs clear
    hyd: no nutrients, just water. to flush the plant.
    [Live is blue skys andGreen fields of fine smoke] If it looks to good just walk on by

Quote Originally Posted by litespeed
    2 weeks before you start harvest:
    soil: flush till it runs clear
    Ok thanks.

latewood is offline Banned
    It is a good idea to flush the nutes before harvest.

There are products like:Advanced nutrients Final-phase and General hydroponics Florakleen that are flushing agents, they work well...I now use both.

Water will do you just fine. I don't know about just flushing soil until water runs clear, because that does not necessarily flush all the salts. You can place it in the shower and leach it...wait a minute...I have a book 5 easy grows by jorge (his 5 fav's outside the US) and it says at least 2 gallons of water for every gallon, pot size...so flushing until water runs clear is probably good...sorry, litespeed...hope this helps later.lw

I Love My Volcano is offline Registered
    1-2 weeks before harvest time flush real good chop dry and don't forget to cure your bud well the longer the better it will get

Quote Originally Posted by latewood
    It is a good idea to flush the nutes before harvest.

There are products like:Advanced nutrients Final-phase and General hydroponics Florakleen that are flushing agents, they work well...I now use both.

Water will do you just fine. I don't know about just flushing soil until water runs clear, because that does not necessarily flush all the salts. You can place it in the shower and leach it...wait a minute...I have a book 5 easy grows by jorge (his 5 fav's outside the US) and it says at least 2 gallons of water for every gallon, pot size...so flushing until water runs clear is probably good...sorry, litespeed...hope this helps later.lw
    K thanks...I sorta dont understand but I'm guessing I would just water my plant until I dont see any yellow colors or the color of water and nutes mixed together then take it some where to dry lol.

Starchild is offline Registered+
    I did about 10 days before..It helps drying time
    I live in Truth.
    And I have my being in Truth.
    I live by saying what is in my heart.
    ~Ancient Egyptian Inscription~

greenmonster is offline Registered+
    flushing? does this not just mean overwatering all in one go? does the plant not suffer from so much water??

Actually yes you are suppose to I guess over-water your plant as for flushing but after you flush (if you dont have holes at the bottom of your pot) your suppose to tie your plant so the main stem doesnt break or what ever. And tilt your pot over to pour the extra water out. Somethin like that. I cant explain for you to understand but I already have the whole concept down so I know how to do it when I need to lol.

justaseed is offline Registered+
    overwatering is from frequency not quantity. you are supposed to use 2x the capacity of the container to properly flush. example 3gal pot takes 6 gal. water to flush. you can also add a product such as clearex to the water when flushing. it's supposed to help break un the nutes and wash them out of the soil. i have never seen a plant show any stress from flushing it.
    S.