Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has my plant started budding?

alex32 is offline Registered+

has my plant started budding?

on the bud i can see 4 little green calyxs, does this mean that the plant is getting ready to flower?, or does this happen when the plant is mature?, i havnt put my lights on 12/12 yet so it shouldnt be budding. Anyone know?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

mountainman is offline Registered+
    How old is the plant? It could likely be preflowers. Or, if you're a first time grower, it's easy to mistake the first branches coming from the early nodes for preflowers

it is 41 days old, it is tiny calyxes, but only four of them.

Garden Knowm is offline Registered+
    Are your nodes alternating....?
    Alternating nodes is a GREAT sign that your plant is mature and ready to HUMP... !!!!!

yikes

But you job is to keep her a VIRGIN!!!!!

daddy's little girl!!!!!

EVERYONE just wants to be accepted...
    Especially those who "don't give a fuck"

LOVE
    GARDEN KNOWM

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 -5 - 4...

nodes alternating, what does that mean, as in one node then one then one then one, or 2 nodes, then two nodes. it hasnt started that yet.

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Alternating nodes, is where they dont both come out of the main stem at the same time.

Sounds like preflowers on your plant ior your mistaking new growth.

If the nodes are alternanting then put it into 12/12

I put them into flowering. On plants the leaves usually go, 2 then 2 then 2, or 1 then 1 then 1(alternating nodes), but on mine there are 3 then 3 then 3?!?!, i have never seen this before?

Kush Over is offline Registered+
    Wait, producing nodes with opposing fan leaves and then alternating nodes..

Three, three, then three again?

Is this plant polypoidal?

Pictures, if possible. Please..
    "I didn't inhale." - Bill Clinton
    [ A Presidential candidate at the time ]

"Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!" - General George Washington
    [ A note to his gardener at Mount Vernon, on the year 1794 ]

"First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win." - Mahatma Ghandi
    [ Indian independence leader ]

what do you all think, do you think the three leaves are a sign of maturity and will lead onto alternating nodes, btw i have put them into flowering.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails has my plant started budding?-mvc-621f.jpg   has my plant started budding?-mvc-623f.jpg   has my plant started budding?-mvc-622f.jpg  

has my plant started budding?-mvc-626f.jpg  

What the fuck?!

Mutant bud, man! That's one healthy looking polypoidal shoot. Honestly, to tell you the truth, I'd think that'd be one fucking bushy bastard if it sticks to the polypoidal formation during it's production of alternating nodes.

Heh, imagine that..

As far as leading to alternating nodes I'm not too sure about. We'll just have to wait and see as that new growth matures.
    Last edited by Kush Over; Apr-18-2006 at 14:21.

"Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!" - General George Washington

"First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win." - Mahatma Ghandi

busteruk7 is offline Registered+
    yeah it could turn out to be a proper beast keep us posted m8
    cheers all
    growing in my house attic with a 200w envirolite and a 600w hps( out of site out of mind)
    my white rhino log-----------------my lowryder log-----------------my cali orange grow
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time.

I dont understand, is this a rare thing? I am unable to find anything about polypoidal shoots?!?

It's nothing bad, man. LoL. Chill, bro.

It's an uncommon occurrence -- the polypoidal complex. With a dichotomous plant such as cannabis it's best explained with the quote and picture below..

"A polyploid is a plant with twice the normal amount of chromosomes in its cells. Cells reproduce by replicating their chromosomes and splitting. As the cell divides, the new chromosomes become the nucleus of the new cell. In a polyploid, the replicated chromosomes do not separate. They remain in the cell causing it to have twice as many as it should. Although polyploids are no more potent than their normal counterparts, they have been found to be larger."

[ I borrowed the picture below from another site. It was the best reference I could come by. ]

My one question is -- did it start out with three sets of leaves from seedling, or did this just happen?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails has my plant started budding?-8-4015-sjpoly.jpg  
    Last edited by Kush Over; Apr-18-2006 at 15:02.

Have you ever heard of one being cloned?

A polypoidal plant? I'm pretty sure someone has, although I haven't heard of it.

Why? Is that what yours is, a clone? Or were you just asking about cloning the one you had?

Mine isnt a clone, but if i did clone the branch would it stay like that?

busteruk7 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by alex32
    Mine isnt a clone, but if i did clone the branch would it stay like that?
    it could posibly grow like that if ya take the clone from the top of the main stem keeping the 3 lil braches on it
    but im not too sure if it would stay like that if ya took the clone from the side branch
    i would clone from the main stem keeping the 3 lil branches
    but im not 100% sure just try it m8 if it goes wrong well atleast ya still have ya main plant so its a not a big loss
    cheers all
    growing in my house attic with a 200w envirolite and a 600w hps( out of site out of mind)
    my white rhino log-----------------my lowryder log-----------------my cali orange grow
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time.

MORE OF THE SHOOTS ARE BECOMING POLYPOIDAL, I HAD A THOROUGH LOOK TODAY AND ABOUT 8 ARE, EVEN THE LOWEST DOWN SHOOT. That means about half of them have turned polypoidal. Also when you see preflowers on a bud does that have any relation to what sex it is, so can i definaltely call it a female?(unless it turns hermie) But i cant see white hairs yet.

anyone?

MORE OF THE SHOOTS ARE BECOMING POLYPOIDAL, I HAD A THOROUGH LOOK TODAY AND ABOUT 8 ARE, EVEN THE LOWEST DOWN SHOOT. That means about half of them have turned polypoidal. Also when you see preflowers on a bud does that have any relation to what sex it is, so can i definaltely call it a female?(unless it turns hermie) But i cant see white hairs yet.
    You did notice it was a polyploidy plant when it sprouted, right?

I don't quite understand your question. Of course preflowers indicate the sex of the plant -- does it have them? Are you saying you see preflowers, or are you just asking? I attached a few pictures that'll give you an idea of what the preflowers look like on both genders. Picture one and two are female preflowers, whereas picture three are male tidbits in two stages of maturity.

I can say that you're going to experience something few growers do with this one -- if it's a female, that is. Given proper lighting you could probably expect a couple grams more off that plant than others of the same strain that aren't polyploidy. It's definitely going to be one hairy girl if it does turn out female, that's for sure.

Thinking about it actually makes me jealous, and jealousy is something I strongly disdain.

Have fun with this one and if you have anymore questions, you know where to go to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails has my plant started budding?-preflower2.jpg   has my plant started budding?-preflower.jpg   has my plant started budding?-preflowermale.jpg  

Last edited by Kush Over; Apr-22-2006 at 08:27.

Is it still a polyploidy plant if it didnt have that formation from seed?. As it got older it developed the polypoidy formation. I have found white hairs on it, about 5 mins ago, what is the least i can hope to get from this plant?.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails has my plant started budding?-mvc-637f.jpg   has my plant started budding?-mvc-628f.jpg   has my plant started budding?-mvc-638f.jpg  

has my plant started budding?-mvc-639f.jpg  

These are the other two...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails has my plant started budding?-mvc-632f.jpg   has my plant started budding?-mvc-633f.jpg  

ok, i see preflowers, on every bud, but no white hairs, i see a few white hairs coming from behind a couple of calyx's but that is all(they have been there for about 4 days), it has been on 12/12 for almost 2 weeks now, should i be getting worried, do the preflowers mean it is definately female?

Th3 sand m4n is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman
    How old is the plant? It could likely be preflowers. Or, if you're a first time grower, it's easy to mistake the first branches coming from the early nodes for preflowers
    Amen
    happend to me my first time!

Th3 sand m4n is offline Registered+
    ok, i see preflowers, on every bud, but no white hairs, i see a few white hairs coming from behind a couple of calyx's but that is all(they have been there for about 4 days), it has been on 12/12 for almost 2 weeks now, should i be getting worried, do the preflowers mean it is definately female?
    if you see preflowers then you can safely determine the sex. its either got pistils or male flowers heres a pick to help
    has my plant started budding?-cannabis_gender1.jpg
    Last edited by Th3 sand m4n; Apr-29-2006 at 17:12.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast