Thread: best time of day to harvest

dreadydrug is offline Registered+

best time of day to harvest

i know that it's better to take clones in the morning because they've got more water to support them because they get it ready for the day ahead of them. so surly it would be better to harvest just before lights out because it's got the least water. or do you want more water to take longer to cure thus giving all the other shit more time to break down?

well whats your favourite time of day to harvest?
    Reality is an illusion due to lack of Drugs

turtle420 is offline Banned
    Very interesting question.... very interesting reasoning.

I wouldn't know the interesting answer... but I'll stay tuned.

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    I harvest at night, because i like to give them their last day of light, then i sit upall night cutting the biggest fan leaves, smelling the bud and hanging it all up

friendowl is offline Registered+
    i also harvest afet one last day of light
    i love cutting the nuds and hangin em up
    i feel like the man cuz outside my door
    everyone is asking
    "do you know where i can get some good bud"
    "i really need a joint"

Garden Knowm is offline Registered+
    I don't KNOW what is "BETTER".

But what LIP said is pretty much the method of choice...

: )

iloveyou
    GARDEN KNOWM

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 -5 - 4...

well i'm du to harvest next week. i've got 2 main colas & i'll harvest one at lights out & one in the day, see which one turns out better.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpestoner
    There is also the moon cycle as well which plays a small part. When there is a full moon the magnetic force from the moon draws more water to the top of the plant. It's probably best to harvest when there is no moon that way drying time is a bit quicker.
    Myself, i harvest when ever i feel like it
    That's cool... I'm trying to do the moon harvesting thing... I cut my clones with almost full moon... Don't know if this will help any, but, what the heck.

krustythfreakinclown is offline Registered+
    It would seem the whole moon/gravitational thing would have its most impact outdoors.

But that's just my uninformed opinion.

As far as indoor growers, just after the end of the "on" cycle of the day would be the most popular, due to that fact that it is when you get home from work. At least, that's been my experience.

wow is that moon gravity thing real???? thats mad

how does that work then? just because we can't see the moon as well when it's not a full moon it's still gonna be there isn't it. light doesn't cause a magnetic field & the moon is always there even when it's not completely lit up.

i doubt that actually makes any difference on a full moon to any other moon cos the magnetic field comes from the gravetational pull of the moon & thats there every night.

krustythfreakinclown is offline Registered+
    It's a big universe. In spite of all of our technology and achievements, there is waaaaaaayyyyyy more out there that we don't know or understand.

Ok, it isn't the "magnetic" force of the moon. It's the "gravitational" force of the moon that we're after.

2nd- The moon has MANY effects on this Earth. Tides. High tide. Low tide. Any ideas to what that is linked?

To the moon!

When the moon is at one side of the Earth, it pulls the bodies of water one way... then it pulls them the other way. Tides!

The moon also helps the Earth a LOT. If the moon wasn't present, we wouldn't have "summer" and "winter". The Earth would just spin end-over-end, while rotating as it does now. You would have summers in the North Pole... too much extreme temperature differences.

Thank the moon next time you see it.

Other interesting tidbit about the moon: Ever wonder why they call it the "Dark Side of the Moon"?

Because, when you look up at the moon, you ALWAYS see the same side. The same side the Mayans stared at... the same side Columbus stared at... the same side the Egyptians, Japanese, USA, etc. people stare at. The moon is always facing the Earth in the same direction. People standing on Earth have never seen the "Dark Side" of the moon.

As to the moon harvesting thing::: Where I read the thing, it was a cannabis grower... and I know that everybody is crazy on their own right, but this dude said that he believed moon cropping helped so much, he would wait another 30 days without hesitation to plant his clones/seeds if he where to miss his "full moon" stage.

Ummm... I know there's more stuff I want to write, but I can't seem to find it right now...

busteruk7 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle420
    Ok, it isn't the "magnetic" force of the moon. It's the "gravitational" force of the moon that we're after.

2nd- The moon has MANY effects on this Earth. Tides. High tide. Low tide. Any ideas to what that is linked?

To the moon!

When the moon is at one side of the Earth, it pulls the bodies of water one way... then it pulls them the other way. Tides!

The moon also helps the Earth a LOT. If the moon wasn't present, we wouldn't have "summer" and "winter". The Earth would just spin end-over-end, while rotating as it does now. You would have summers in the North Pole... too much extreme temperature differences.

Thank the moon next time you see it.

Other interesting tidbit about the moon: Ever wonder why they call it the "Dark Side of the Moon"?

Because, when you look up at the moon, you ALWAYS see the same side. The same side the Mayans stared at... the same side Columbus stared at... the same side the Egyptians, Japanese, USA, etc. people stare at. The moon is always facing the Earth in the same direction. People standing on Earth have never seen the "Dark Side" of the moon.

As to the moon harvesting thing::: Where I read the thing, it was a cannabis grower... and I know that everybody is crazy on their own right, but this dude said that he believed moon cropping helped so much, he would wait another 30 days without hesitation to plant his clones/seeds if he where to miss his "full moon" stage.

Ummm... I know there's more stuff I want to write, but I can't seem to find it right now...
    brilliant post turtle
    well they say you learn something new everyday i knew the tides were sommat to do with the moon but i never knew that the side of the moon we see is always the same side everytime we see it lol
    cheers all
    growing in my house attic with a 200w envirolite and a 600w hps( out of site out of mind)
    my white rhino log-----------------my lowryder log-----------------my cali orange grow
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time.

Turtle!! hahahahaha did u watch that thing last night aswel?
    i watched this thing on T.V yesterday that said what turtle just said, it was bout why we can't live on other planets.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadydrug
    Turtle!! hahahahaha did u watch that thing last night aswel?
    i watched this thing on T.V yesterday that said what turtle just said, it was bout why we can't live on other planets.
    Nope... didn't watch it.

Must have been a very interesting program though... I've recently moved, and I'm stuck with 3 channels... all of them from the air. Not cable. In addition, and this hurts, one of them channels is MTV.

Krogith is offline Registered+

yeah

i heard of harvesting on full moon im here hella high thinking if that does help would a full solor elcips be the perfect time? hehe sun and moon pulling same direction same point ?