Thread: just planted a seed!

toke it up 420 is offline Registered+

just planted a seed!

hey guys, im a complete n00b
    just planted a seed behind my house in the woods... im confident about the sunlight, and ill be watering the spot almost daily

my question is once i can identify the sex, what happens if its a male?
    ive always wonderered y u only grow females
    do males still produce buds?
    thanks for any response,
    mike
    CANNABIS...what more can i say?

the males have very little THC compared to females ... pretty much a waste of time to smoke them, although some do ... be careful who sees you walking back and forth to your plant, as well as the worn trail you will leave ... good luck ...

Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper
    the males have very little THC compared to females ... pretty much a waste of time to smoke them, although some do ... be careful who sees you walking back and forth to your plant, as well as the worn trail you will leave ... good luck ...
    thanks
    ill do that

horror business is offline Registered+
    toke it up 420: I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything, but don't get your hopes up too high for this to even sprout. You said your a n00b to this, and I am to, so I don't want to sound like an expert or know-it-all or anything, but have you germinated the seed yet? If you germinate the seed first, you will have a better chance of it sprouting. Also, you shouldn't water the spot daily... After you first plant the seed, and the soil is nice and watered, it won't need to be watered again until the top 2-3" of soil are dry. Weed has a better chance surving a drout than being overwatered. Water about once a week, or whenever it gets dry. Also, make sure you're planting it in good soil, and not dirt. If you've germinated the seeds, etc... and doing everything good, then good job. Again, I'm not trying to crush your hopes, because it might work, but if it doesn't, just germinate the seeds first by placing them in a moist paper towel, putting the paper towel in a ziplock freezer bag, and putting it underneath something warm (but not hot) or in a warm, DARK place. By day 3 or 4, if it has a root emerging, place it in the soil, root tip down or sideways, but not up (alot of people have the misconception that the sprout from the germinated seed is actually what will grow into the stem. No. The root is the root, the actual seed will push itself out of the ground, split open, the cotyldons (sp) (the round leaves) will appear, and most likely within the same day the first true leaves will appear. Good luck with everything! Peace!
    horror business

LIP
    LIP is offline Banned
    Read read read, read the faqs and learn about growing first.
    Males dont produce buds, only pollen, and therefore theres no real point in smoking them.. You'll hardly feel a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by horror business
    toke it up 420: I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything, but don't get your hopes up too high for this to even sprout. You said your a n00b to this, and I am to, so I don't want to sound like an expert or know-it-all or anything, but have you germinated the seed yet? If you germinate the seed first, you will have a better chance of it sprouting. Also, you shouldn't water the spot daily... After you first plant the seed, and the soil is nice and watered, it won't need to be watered again until the top 2-3" of soil are dry. Weed has a better chance surving a drout than being overwatered. Water about once a week, or whenever it gets dry. Also, make sure you're planting it in good soil, and not dirt. If you've germinated the seeds, etc... and doing everything good, then good job. Again, I'm not trying to crush your hopes, because it might work, but if it doesn't, just germinate the seeds first by placing them in a moist paper towel, putting the paper towel in a ziplock freezer bag, and putting it underneath something warm (but not hot) or in a warm, DARK place. By day 3 or 4, if it has a root emerging, place it in the soil, root tip down or sideways, but not up (alot of people have the misconception that the sprout from the germinated seed is actually what will grow into the stem. No. The root is the root, the actual seed will push itself out of the ground, split open, the cotyldons (sp) (the round leaves) will appear, and most likely within the same day the first true leaves will appear. Good luck with everything! Peace!
    horror business
    great!
    thanks
    big help
    didnt germintae, or plant in soil, its just in dirt i think
    also, ill water it less
    thanks man

and lip---thanks too

horror business is offline Registered+
    No problem man, I'm really excited that you're wanting to grow. Just a month ago, I had no clue on how to germinate, or even how germination worked, etc... Honestly, one of the most happiest moments in my life was on the 9th, when my seed sprouted the cotyldions and first set of leaves. It was amazing, because the night before there was nothing, and the next day! It's now been 3 days, and my two seedlings are about 3" tall and very green. Even if they don't make it to flowering or if they're males, etc... it's still amazing watching your plant grow. Good luck, and by using this forum and reading other peoples beginning questions, you'll be an expert in no time at all!
    Good luck man, and I'm glad I helped!
    Peace,
    horror business

jack182 is offline Registered
    Hey toke it up 420,

How did it turn out for you?

Jack