Cannabis.com

Thread: can anyone confirm the existence of "Wind Burn"?

K.A.Discord is offline Registered

can anyone confirm the existence of "Wind Burn"?

the plants are little over a month old, probably a month-and-10 days since they broke soil. I think the plants are experiencing "Wind burn." The fan, as you can see in some of the pictures is positioned below the plants blowing upward, and for the duration of the grow i've had it on full blast, thinking only that this would strengthen the plants, not do any harm.

For a while I was under the impression that I was dealing with nute burn but, i've been really dutiful about watching the resevoir - topping off, not letting the TDS get toxically high (i've kept it in the mid 600's to lo 700's.) Upon recent inspection I realized that all the yellowing is occuring the side of the plants being blown by the fan. I seem to remember reading about "Wind burn", back when overgrow.com was still the monument of empirical knowledge that it was. Anyone have any information appertaining to "wind burn."

I've turn the fan down to its lowest setting, which i believe the plants should agree with more.

Any help, guidance, insight would be appreciated duly.

Sincerely,
    K.A. Discord
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails can anyone confirm the existence of "Wind Burn"?-dsc02178.jpg   can anyone confirm the existence of "Wind Burn"?-dsc02204.jpg   can anyone confirm the existence of "Wind Burn"?-dsc02206.jpg  

can anyone confirm the existence of "Wind Burn"?-dsc02207.jpg   can anyone confirm the existence of "Wind Burn"?-dsc02208.jpg  

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

iwantFUEGO is offline Registered+
    well... sorry to say, ive never had that "burning" effect that i see in your pictures. But i WILL say that in my experience, too much wind = bad.
    My plant has a desk fan blowing on it from the top (about as big as yours) and the all the leaves in the path of the wind are curling down the sides.
    Once i changed the position of the fan and turned it down, the leaves slowly started to open up again.
    PEace
    I do not grow marijuana. Any pictures I use were found on the internet as a means of comparison.

You think perhaps that the burning is the nutrients , but the excess wind is accelerating the burning by robbing the leaves of moisture? I've got the humidity balanced at about 50%, but i could see how consistent wind could cheat the plants of both endogenous moisture as well as ambient.

my suspicion arises from the observation that the majority of the burning is occuring on the side that the fan's blowing on. I may be barking up the wrong tree, but one must bark.

iwantFUEGO is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by K.A.Discord
    You think perhaps that the burning is the nutrients , but the excess wind is accelerating the burning by robbing the leaves of moisture? I've got the humidity balanced at about 50%, but i could see how consistent wind could cheat the plants of both endogenous moisture as well as ambient.

my suspicion arises from the observation that the majority of the burning is occuring on the side that the fan's blowing on. I may be barking up the wrong tree, but one must bark.
    I think thats deinfately one of the reasons. Turning your fans down should make it a bit better.
    I do not grow marijuana. Any pictures I use were found on the internet as a means of comparison.

well, i'm definitely on top of that. thanks Fuego.

anyone else have any opinions?

Garden Knowm is offline Registered+
    Discord.. I have seen WIND BURN before....

I have see a strong fan blowing directly into an extremely dense area of growth ( big thick 4 foot plants) ... and the plants were perfect except where the fan was blowing on them...

I asked the grower about this issue.. he said that it was similiar to the principle behind a Co2 burn.. he left the fan in place because he said the benifits of having the fan that close to the plants out weighed the loss of a few dozen burned leaves..

iloveyou
    GARDEN KNOWM

10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 -5 - 4...

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    You can point your fan away from the plants in a small space and the air will still move around the plants, but more gently.