Thread: Last days of flowering...need more instructions!!!!

XroadsterX is offline Registered+

Last days of flowering...need more instructions!!!!

Hows it going everyone. I'm on my last week of flowering...i'm supposed to harvest on Monday (24th). First Grow and i'm SUPER PLEASED WITH IT...Am i supposed to give them total darkness 2 days before i harvest? I think i was told that, but i dont remember and i cant seem to find it anywhere. I've already stopped giving them nutes 2 weeks ago....they're on a strict water diet only, and I'm assuming the yellowing of the leaves is because they're using all the left over energy from them.

What do you guys think? You can be honest...i can take it.

How much weight is lost during drying? 50%?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last days of flowering...need more instructions!!!!-110-1052_img.jpg   Last days of flowering...need more instructions!!!!-110-1053_img.jpg   Last days of flowering...need more instructions!!!!-110-1054_img.jpg  

Pothead4204life is offline Registered+
    yeah darkness for the last 48 hours....are u harvesting by time or by checking the trichs?....
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

Thanks for the input pothead. I'm harvesting by time. The person i got the seeds from said its 60 days give or a take a day or so on the money....he used to check the triches, but said the difference in "high" is not noticeable. So i'm just going to run with it. What do you think of my first grow?

KHAN is offline Registered+
    Sounds like you got it all figured man, good luck.

I got 22 oz off 1 plant which dried to 4oz so...

Damn Khan...that sounds like a monster plant....

OmegaVermelho is offline Registered+
    Dude She looks real good, but u should have stopped watering to, that would have speed up the drying process...and she will loose weight, how much???i seriously dont know
    Hydro and Soil Water ph Range - http://boards.cannabis.com/attachmen...0&d=1121829312
    Trichome - http://boards.cannabis.com/attachmen...2&d=1143903322
    Light Colour Temperature Chart - http://www.mediacollege.com/lighting...mperature.html
    Plant Abuse Chart and Photos - http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/97.htm

When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.

So i should stop watering all together at this point? I'm scheduled to water them tomorrow actually....i dont want them to die on me either.

Pothead4204life is offline Registered+
    yeah dude..stop watering..it forces a little stress on the plants and i believe it increases thc production...what lights you have?...nice grow by the way....
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."

noodlesqld is offline Registered+
    22 oz dried to 4 oz's damn thats what i call shrinkage, i would be checking to make sure no one ran of with half ya harvest while u wernt looking
    Last edited by noodlesqld; Jul-18-2006 at 20:10.

I"m using a 250 watt HPS conversion bulb....and i vegged w/ the MH bulb for 51 days....and thanx for the compliments...i can't wait to smoke it....i quit smoking for the duration of this grow so i could be REALLY ON MY ASS when i smoke my own stash.....3 months cold turkey....

MeatRulz is offline Registered+
    Looks like some dank on that tree boy is that a strain?
    Just smoke it.
    Lil wayne-baby ft. baby

Thanx Meatrulz...its BoggleGum strain.....i've smoked it before, but this is the first time growing it....its DANK as F____

trupothead420 is offline Registered+
    yo, jus wanna say very nice crop...and enjoy tht final product make sure to keep us posted...
    Any posts made by this user name are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature, and are for fun and entertainment purposes only and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this grow.....It's a finished deal, and I harvested 81.2 grams in total....from 2 plants....one of which was a hermie....not too shabby if i say so myself.

yabatab is offline Registered+
    FIRST GROW!! That's a good result for a first grow, my friend you
    are a natural. You have a huge green thumb.
    "Yeah, I know. I'm guilty. I understand that. I knew it was a crime, and I did it anyways. Shit, why argue? I'm a fucking criminal, look at me."

Sabrinaleena is offline Registered+
    I was just curious as to how your plant did the final few days without water. I've never heard to stop watering before a harvest (not saying it's good or bad, just haven't read that yet). Do you think it made a difference in drying just yet, or too soon to tell?

To be honest, I would feel really uncomfortable not watering for a few days before, but I grow outside in a hot/dry climate.

By the way, she was gorgeous! I would almost hate to harvest her that's how good looking she turned out. Have fun!

busteruk7 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrinaleena
    I was just curious as to how your plant did the final few days without water. I've never heard to stop watering before a harvest (not saying it's good or bad, just haven't read that yet). Do you think it made a difference in drying just yet, or too soon to tell?

To be honest, I would feel really uncomfortable not watering for a few days before, but I grow outside in a hot/dry climate.

By the way, she was gorgeous! I would almost hate to harvest her that's how good looking she turned out. Have fun!
    its always a good idea to stop watering at a minimum of 4 days befour harvest as this helps the plant to use up most of the water stored inside the plant which in turn makes the drying process quicker
    i stopped watering 5 days befour my harvest and that made the drying process quicker by 3 days i think
    cheers all
    growing in my house attic with a 200w envirolite and a 600w hps( out of site out of mind)
    my white rhino log-----------------my lowryder log-----------------my cali orange grow
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time.

busteruk7 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by XroadsterX
    Thanks for the input pothead. I'm harvesting by time. The person i got the seeds from said its 60 days give or a take a day or so on the money....he used to check the triches, but said the difference in "high" is not noticeable. So i'm just going to run with it. What do you think of my first grow?
    i would have to disagree there cause there are too many factors in the grow that will determine the high you get at the end

the info on the packet saying harvest at how eva many days
    is only a guide and it could take longer ,i think the only way to determine harvest is by looking at the tricholmes with a pocket magnifying glass ,dont get me wrong you will still get a high with it ,thats just personal preference at the end of the day ,looking good tho m8 and that main cola is looking juicy as fuck i bet ya cant wait hey i wouldent say no to a taste of it he he he he
    cheers all
    Last edited by busteruk7; Aug-01-2006 at 15:35.
    growing in my house attic with a 200w envirolite and a 600w hps( out of site out of mind)
    my white rhino log-----------------my lowryder log-----------------my cali orange grow
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time.

Well I stopped watering it a whole 7 days before I harvested.....and the plant dried in 5 days hanging in my closet....it actually worried me as to how fast it was drying. As for my comment on the "high" not being noticeable...i agree that i should have done the trichome test, but that was another expense and I'll check them for the next grow. But the bud is delicious....its a stoney on your ass high, and its lasts a good amount....i'm very happy w/ it. Let me know if any of you are in the South Beach area and we'll toke...its on me.

hotnorthernguy is offline Registered+

ARE THEY? OR ARE THEY NOT? WEED PLANTS???

well at least u did it right your first time...I have people laughing at my plants and putting me down and telling me that they are not weed plants?....this is my first time so I really don't know but they do look like weed and I did get the seeds from another pot plant....so u guys tell me ok?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Last days of flowering...need more instructions!!!!-img_0009.jpg   Last days of flowering...need more instructions!!!!-img_0008.jpg   Last days of flowering...need more instructions!!!!-img_0004.jpg  

Last days of flowering...need more instructions!!!!-img_0012.jpg   Last days of flowering...need more instructions!!!!-img_0010.jpg  

trupothead420 is offline Registered+
    hey roadster...u dont happen to have ne more of those seeds of that Bogglegum that u mite b willing to let go or sell...i have been lookin for that strain for a while and cant find it......that is the grape tasting and smellin strain rite?...by the way very very nice finish on those especially for first time....... if u jus wanna email me instead of posting its... onlytruplaya420@yahoo.com
    Any posts made by this user name are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widley available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature, and are for fun and entertainment purposes only and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal