Thread: dolomite lime?

redsoxian22 is offline Registered+

dolomite lime?

what do people think of espoma organic dolomite lime?would i be mixing in w ith the soil or spreading on top of soil? this is for my nexy grow.

redsoxian22 is offline Registered+
    anybody???

m.g. is offline Banned
    appears most of us use store-bought potting soil but here's a link to the pro of custom mixes from the early days of net-working...many old names of the pros who used to hang with us are buried in that site along with much useful info beyond the soil recipes, so indulge yourselves and have fun!

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...oil.htm?200520

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    The idea behind adding lime as a soil amendment is to neutralize excessive acid. For example, if you want to use peat moss, it's below the range you want. So you add lime to bring it up to 6.8.
    It also buffers the effect of chem fertilizer which can acidifyu the soil over time. But don't use too much if that's the only reason you're adding it; remember, pH 6.3 to 6.8 for soil, up to 7.0 since the pH will drop a bit with fert use, esp. if you aren't adjusting the water.

elway07 is offline Registered+
    thats the brand I use. I like it. I use a very small handful mixed in with the soil/per gallon of soil. if it is already planted, just sprinkle some as a top dressing of the soil..
    'GL