Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant Get Seeds To Grow!?!?

Boostin GST is offline Registered+

Cant Get Seeds To Grow!?!?

i just cant seem to get any seeds to grow. Ive tried Dr chronics Trouble maker and regular bag seeds. its my 3rd attempt with zero growth and im getting frustrated. Here is what i do.

i soak them in distilled water for 12-18 hours and then go to the paper towel soaked method. only one or two pop and show its tail. from there ive tried leaving them in there to see if it grows more but they dont, and ive also tried going straight to scotts planting soil. i put them in a cabinet with emergency blanket glued to the walls, under a 142w compact flourescent 24 hours straight. i keep the temperature between 85-90 with an exhaust fan on 24 hours straight too. the only thing i see wrong is the humidity is at 35-38%. i keep the soil wet but not soaked. the seed im on now has been in soil for 3 days already and still nothing. im running out of trouble maker and dont want to start using my chrystal or white widow. what could i be doing wrong? or what would be the easiest way to grow something.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

brookerosebud is offline Registered+
    ok, bud i got some time so i'm going to help you out.

first, forget everything you know or read about germing seeds. you've got so many mixed concepts going on that i can't even list them all. while some of the things you are doing would be ok others are killing you.

ok this is my fool proof, 100% sucess rate method.

get dinner plate and 2 paper towels. place the paper towels on the plate and moisten. now place your seeds no closer together than 1 inch( i usually do 2 at a time for log reasons). place another paper towel on top of this, moisten once more and drain off excess water(hold plate sideways for a few seconds) you may have to fold the corners of the paper towel so that it is inside the plate.

important note. seeds should not have more that one layer of paper on top of them.

now, set the plate in a relatively cool, relatively dark(but not totally dark)space ie top of the fridge.

check between 12 and 24 hours. as the paper begins to dry, the seeds will pop, exposing the beginnings of root tales.

AS SOON AS U SEE ROOT TAILS, take tweezers and gently place the seed in pre watered soil so that the root tail is "pointing" down. the top of the seed should be flush with the top of the soil. in other words, just gently placeit at the top of the soil so the root is covered.

place a flou as close as possible. check in 24 hours.

ok now your seed shell should be sticking up above the soil a mm or 2. if you can see green or white through the crack in the seed, take tweezers and GENTLY pull the husks off. you may have to pinch the husk with the tweezers to crack the husk enough to come off.

ok now, you now have a little gimped over plant. place back under the flou's(as close as you can get them) and watchem take off.

in 24 hours it should look like a fully healthy baby pot plant.

48" GE 40w daylight bulbs work awesome for seedlings (6500k 3150 lumens per bulb)

hope this helps

love, brooke
    Last edited by brookerosebud; Sep-22-2006 at 03:03.

ok, boost, i got some time so i'm going to help you out.

first, forget everything you know or read about germing seeds. you've got so many mixed concepts going on that i can't even list them all. while some of the things you are doing would be ok others are killing you.

get dinner plate and 2 paper towels. place the paper towels on the plate and moisten. now place your seeds no closer together than 1 inch( i usually do 2 at a time for log reasons). place another paper towel on top of this, moisten once more and drain off excess water(hold plate sideways for a few seconds) you may have to fold the corners of the paper towel so that it is inside the plate.

important note. seeds should not have more that one layer of paper on top of them.

now, set the plate in a relatively cool, relatively dark(but not totally dark)space; i.e. top of the fridge.

check between 12 and 24 hours. as the paper begins to dry, the seeds will pop, exposing the beginnings of root tales.

AS SOON AS U SEE ROOT TAILS, take tweezers and gently place the seed in pre watered soil so that the root tail is "pointing" down. the top of the seed should be flush with the top of the soil. in other words, just gently place it at the top of the soil so the root is covered.

ok, now your seed shell should be sticking up above the soil a mm or 2. if you can see green or white through the crack in the seed, take tweezers and GENTLY pull the husks off. you may have to pinch the husk with the tweezers to crack the husk enough to come off.

ok now, you now have a little gimped over plant. place back under the flou's(as close as you can get them) and watchem take off.

48" GE 40w daylight bulbs work awesome for seedlings as well as veg.(6500k, 3150 lumens per bulb)

hope this helps

love, brooke
    Quote Originally Posted by brookerosebud View Post

grow, grow, grow your smoke
    closet full of dreams
    merrily merrily merrily merrily
    POUNDS of blueberry creem!
    Last edited by brookerosebud; Sep-22-2006 at 03:10.

oops posted twice. gotta get some friggin sleep lol

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    85-90 is too warm.
    75-85 is good.
    They may be rotting instead of growing at those temps.

well there were a few things i was doing wrong. i was putting like 3 or 4 paper towels on top and bottom of seeds. then after they popped i put them under the soil and not the top flat with top of soil. i just checked my seed and it was still the same way i planted it 3 days ago. threw that in the trash and started over with your method. hope it works bc these are my last 3 seeds of trouble maker. ill post results later tonight if there is any. thnx again.

got home and the paper towels were dry. rewetted them right now and hopefully by tomorrow morning the crack. been trying this for over a month with no progress...........hope these atleast show me some leaves.

that right there put a pleasant smile on my face. im outside kicking my weekend off with a nice buzz and a tasty pizza. thnx for the pat on the back

Must feel really nice to have a plant to take care of. Cant wait till i do.

update. checked seeds today and the paper towels are just a bit wet, the seeds have small water dots on them but no cracks yet. been 30 hours since start, should i rewater the paper towel again? last time i rewet it was around 9 last night bc the paper towel was completely dry and stiff. It was too hot where it was so i put it on top of fridge and its been sitting there since.

edit: heres a lil diagram of my grow cabinet when they do sprout. what do you think?
    Last edited by Boostin GST; Sep-23-2006 at 18:51.

yabatab is offline Registered+
    I put mine in a wet paper towel and then put that in a ziplock bag
    I just let them sit at room temp till the tap root shows...I never
    had any problems germinating this way.

And if its only been two or three days since you put them in the
    soil after they have poped and showed the tap root give them
    a few more days it could take a while for them to poke thru the dirt.
    "Yeah, I know. I'm guilty. I understand that. I knew it was a crime, and I did it anyways. Shit, why argue? I'm a fucking criminal, look at me."

Quote Originally Posted by yabatab View Post
    I put mine in a wet paper towel and then put that in a ziplock bag
    I just let them sit at room temp till the tap root shows...I never
    had any problems germinating this way.

And if its only been two or three days since you put them in the
    soil after they have poped and showed the tap root give them
    a few more days it could take a while for them to poke thru the dirt.
    do you rewet as needed or do you just let it sit there? how long do yours take to have a tap root?

about the seed i planted. it was around 3 days planted and when i dug it up it was not showing a tap root at all. it was closed and looked like the day i planted it

ohhh and i forgot to supply the link to my grow cab, here it is.

How Does This Cabinet Plan Look?

Quote Originally Posted by Boostin GST View Post
    do you rewet as needed or do you just let it sit there? how long do yours take to have a tap root?

about the seed i planted. it was around 3 days planted and when i dug it up it was not showing a tap root at all. it was closed and looked like the day i planted it

ohhh and i forgot to supply the link to my grow cab, here it is.

How Does This Cabinet Plan Look?
    I take a spray bottle and dampen it if it starts to dry out to much.
    It helps to have a spray bottle around that way you don't have to
    take the paper towel out to wet it.

It usually takes a couple of days for the tap root to show sometimes
    longer.

Make sure your root that is coming out of the seed after it opens
    in the paper towel is planted down.
    "Yeah, I know. I'm guilty. I understand that. I knew it was a crime, and I did it anyways. Shit, why argue? I'm a fucking criminal, look at me."

bejay is offline Registered+
    I usually use a ziplock bag also it helps to prevent the paper towel from drying out so fast.
    its quite possible its the seeds that are the problem, dont really think that its something your doing wrong.

most likely the seeds if you've still had no luck. probably not an option, but try to order some, or find a friend that grows and get some from them. or get another bag.

ps towel should never dry out completly. if you're not using a ziplock, you may have to moisten twice a day, just don't keep it too wet.

good luck!

love, brooke

well out of the three only one cracked and showed tap root. i planted it last night and so far it still looks the same. ill post pics later tonight if it shows anything. those seeds were dr chronics trouble maker. i already put 4 more seeds from my stash bag to germinate the same way.

Be patient you will see one pop thru the dirt with in the week.

Dont go digging around looking for it if it does not come thru
    with in a couple of days just be patient.

crudemood is offline Registered+
    ok, bud i got some time so i'm going to help you out.

now, set the plate in a relatively cool, relatively dark(but not totally dark)space ie top of the fridge.

AS SOON AS U SEE ROOT TAILS, take tweezers and gently place the seed in pre watered soil so that the root tail is "pointing" down. the top of the seed should be flush with the top of the soil. in other words, just gently placeit at the top of the soil so the root is covered.

ok now your seed shell should be sticking up above the soil a mm or 2. if you can see green or white through the crack in the seed, take tweezers and GENTLY pull the husks off. you may have to pinch the husk with the tweezers to crack the husk enough to come off.

48" GE 40w daylight bulbs work awesome for seedlings (6500k 3150 lumens per bulb)

hope this helps

love, brooke
    I can defintely vouch this method.
    Picture yourself in a boat on a river
    With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
    Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
    A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green
    Towering over your head
    Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes
    And she's gone

Lucy in the sky with diamonds

The Beatles

You miss a lot when you canít feel like others can. You canít relate to or communicate feelings to others if youíre numb.

if kept too damp, they will develop Pythium Wilt, and die ... also, I have killed lots of seedlings lately, by placing into too-rich potting soil, best to start them in a milder soil, add sand for looseness ... also ... plant the seeds 1/4" deep, placing them too close to the surface as suggested, is not good ... the seedlings need to work their way to the surface, this strengthens the stem, and helps start working the shell off ... if you have to pry the shell off with tweezers like suggested, you did it wrong, and likely will seriously damage or kill the seedling ...

yaba, i only planted one in the soil. i left the other two in the plate, and also put 4 bag seeds in another plate to practice a bit more before i go planting my nirvana seeds.

well i checked on it tonight after i got home and it popped up a bit out of the soil. the tap root looks longer and i lose track of where it goes after a while. the top of seed looks a bit green on the crack, is that the starting leaves??

thnx for the help, i finally got past the germ part with success. ohhh, im using the scotts potting soil and it seems to have to many big pieces of wood. what would be the best soil to use. i tried looking for scotts organic or pro mix organic at home depot with no luck.

ohhh and heres a pic of the seed. ive been watering it just a tad. i fill the inside circle of a gallon water cap with water twice a day just to keep the soil around the seed a bit moist. i dont put water in the whole cup, just around the seed, is that ok?

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1122/newbornow6.jpg

dsm711 is offline Registered+
    Most of the time it's the seeds. If there older they may take longer to germ and some could be genetics. I've always had good luck using spagnum moss in a plastic dixie cup under flouresants. The moss holds the moisture. I just germinated a large batch putting about 15 seeds per cup. (they were free from some killer weed a friend had) Even I was amazed that almost everyone sprouted within 2 days. Then I take out the weak ones and keep the healthiest ones until I'm down to 1 per cup. When there about 5' tall I transplant them. Been doing it this way for 10 years plus. Every once in a while I do get seeds that take a while or don't germ at all. Luck of the draw I guess.

well the last trouble maker seeds have stil not cracked, they are just sitting there anyway. atleast i got one to grow. are the leaves pointing down ok or is there something wrong? how much water should i be feeding it right now? heres a pic i just took. this is day 3 of trouble maker. right now its only under one 25w 1471 lumen and 6500k color temp. the deg are at 80 right now and gonna try to lower the temp tonight to around 76 or so.

so how does she look?

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5933/day3co2.jpg

ohhh and thats just a water drop on the left leave

fishens is offline Registered+
    Hey Boostin GST
    If the seeds you are trying to do fail, and I hope they don't, then just for grins do this...take a couple of seeds, drop them in some water, wait around 3 days, you should be getting some tail by then, then plant in damp soil with some perlite, keep damp with spray bottle, put under flouros for 24/7 and be patient, and keep moist with above mentioned spray bottle. Do not use soil with chemicals. Use something made for seedlings. I have always done it this way and have 100% germination. And as said before keep your temps cooler. Just my 3cents. Good Luck. I went through germination hell when I first started. Trying all the different methods that I read about. Then the easiest worked the best. Hope this helps if you are still in need.
    Fishens

ill go ahead and try that method also. i want to try and sprout a few seeds before i use the ones i bought. so tonight ill do that method and also post a pic of the trouble maker. thnx for the info. any idea how much i should be watering it fishens? 4 days old.

I see you have had some luck getting one to sprout. What kind of dirt
    is that you are using?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast