Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How long does it take for a weed plant to grow?

EternalEnemy is offline Registered+

How long does it take for a weed plant to grow?

No, no links, please. I can find a lot of growing guides, i just need a simple answer, because its much faster if i just ask quickly instead of reading through 15 pages about growing to finally find some mention.
    I mean, how long does the plant need to grow until its got something harvestable, or a little more than some?

What i mean very simply is, i plant a seed inside and water it and crap like that, how long does it take from that point before i will have weed?

enthused is offline Registered+
    3ish months or around there i believe

have fun with males and dead plants tho
    Last edited by enthused; Sep-23-2006 at 03:40.
    All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.
    -Pink Floyd

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."
    -William Blake

Anything posted by enthused is for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously.

ThePurpleMan is offline Registered+
    yea ur looken at around 4 months and depending on where u are its too late to grow ur plant...

have fun with males

Well thank you, but im straight.

Yes, i know, very lame. But if i hadnt said it, it would have haunted the rest of my week. Instead, it haunts you now.

But yea, thanks.

PS: Now that the thread has fulfilled its purpose and is nothing but waste anymore, lets talk about boobs so it wont be purposeless.

yea ur looken at around 4 months and depending on where u are its too late to grow ur plant...
    Im growing inside the house.

ThePurpleMan is offline Registered+
    o then you pretty much control it... you realize u have to use lights and shit right?... If you were seriouse about growing you should check out the indoor grow forum it will help you with info.. if not then um boobs

shoi is offline Registered+
    irlly want to grow

it also depends (as far as i no) ont he strain ur growing (could be a 1-2 week dif) and the amount of lighting/cycles
    Quote Originally Posted by graph View Post
    It's hard to convince us that weed's the problem when all of us here know it's not. At one time I think we all used to be like you, we believed the government at face value and accepted the fact that because it's illegal, it must be immoral, too. Then we all grew up a little bit and realized our own experiences should shape the path of our lives, not what someone else tells us to think

Yeah, i know lights are required. The problem is i dont have very good lights....actually, its more like normal lights you use for growing plants. You see, i talked my mom into growing weed, and she is into growing plants in general.

Im a real dumbass when it comes to this stuff, since i havent yet studied it alot. Now, do those 'normal' or ordinary or whatever lights that you use for growing plants work on weed as well? I mean sure it decreases its quality to not have good lights, but will the plants survive with crappy...normal plant lights(or whatever) ?

And yes, a wonderful thing happened indeed. I got caught of having Morning Glory seeds and my mom freaked out, and i would not have ever believed that i would convince my mom in like 10 to 20 minutes that LSA and weed are good things.

rottenPauL is offline Registered+
    the least light u can grow with (meaning the cheapest) is fluorescents. Go with tubes or cfls (bulb-fluorescents) U will need at least 40W per plant but u can really get lots of them, they dont cost very much. u can find 24w bulbs at 5 to 10$

yeah and do some reading.. its very simple actually to grow a plant. But u have to do some homework to do it right. If u get seriously into it, u will feel like studying and u will see it as a hobby. Coz it is a hobby. It needs attention. Plants dont grow by themselves: they need food, light, water in controlable doses. They r living creatures
    Last edited by rottenPauL; Sep-23-2006 at 06:38.

Yeah, i will do my homework. Just that school is kind of in the way right now, last year in high school is not fun. But soon im released. Ah.

lil josh is offline Registered+
    yea once you start growing em i think your find it intresting to read up about how to grow it and shit because it will be inprooving what your doing and you will be understanding it in different way to what you will be now.

Nodnorb is offline Registered+
    i want to grow but i dont wanna do it in my parents house so only 3 years left in HS and ill be able to grow whatever i want

Not that i dont have respect/interest for weed growing as a culture of its own, im more aroused by the fact i can sell or smoke it. But yeah, it sounds like a nice little hobby indeed.

Considering that i live somewhere where weed is rare and expensive, as you all have heard me bitching about it, i could be like a weed messiah who sells with a low price

To you people, that would sound more egoistic-self-flattery than anything else, right?
    I'l calm down now. But if you lived here you would understand.

HighAllTheTime420 is offline Registered+
    I don't know about outdoor growing, but i do do know when u do it indoors with a light, it only takes like a couple months to grow

munroe is offline Registered
    look on ebay for a light... i just planted out a couple skunk#11 (fem skunk#1). this si my 1st grow and i havnt got a light yet, but i have my eye out on a 400w hps light for 40 (around $80USD) with built in ballast.

ebay is a good place to check!

twitch is offline Registered+
    hey guy i know ur new here check the posts date next time befor u post this was put out in 06

Kryptonite24 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalEnemy View Post
    Well thank you, but im straight.
    LOL

hey was talking about male plants
    "I know you dont smoke weed i know this, but im getting you high today" -Smokey

JAABAA is offline Registered
    I think he was being sarcastic. Are you being serious? Also, i realize this thread is very old and the former poster, posted in Jan of ?, however, i was searching for an answer to the originators question as well.
    Last edited by JAABAA; Mar-18-2010 at 22:05.

Vancefish is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by JAABAA View Post
    I think he was being sarcastic. Are you being serious? Also, i realize this thread is very old and the former poster, posted in Jan of ?, however, i was searching for an answer to the originators question as well.
    Well JAABAA, the short answer is as long as you want it to, when grown indoors.

I've read threads about people cutting clones off, rooting them, potting them and putting them into flower. Meaning the plant has 8-12 weeks of flower until ready to harvest. Producing about an ounce each.

I've also read threads where people VEG a plant for 4-5 months before flowering. Then produce 3lbs per plant.

Personally, I veg'd for two and a half months, Then put the plant into flower(again 8-12 weeks for flowering). My yield is unknown as I'm not quite at 4 weeks yet. BTW my natural plant is 5 feet tall. I LST'd the other one.

The orangy pic is what they looked like at 10 weeks of Veg, the first day under flowering lights. The other two pics were last week(three weeks later). The short one on the rear left hermi'd and was chopped up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does it take for a weed plant to grow?-3-weeks-flowering-w-cathys-camera-008.jpg   How long does it take for a weed plant to grow?-day1-oftheroom-1.jpg   How long does it take for a weed plant to grow?-3-weeks-flowering-w-cathys-camera-011.jpg  

Last edited by Vancefish; Mar-18-2010 at 22:27.

sunbiz1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancefish View Post
    Well JAABAA, the short answer is as long as you want it to, when grown indoors.

I've read threads about people cutting clones off, rooting them, potting them and putting them into flower. Meaning the plant has 8-12 weeks of flower until ready to harvest. Producing about an ounce each.

I've also read threads where people VEG a plant for 4-5 months before flowering. Then produce 3lbs per plant.

Personally, I veg'd for two and a half months, Then put the plant into flower(again 8-12 weeks for flowering). My yield is unknown as I'm not quite at 4 weeks yet. BTW my natural plant is 5 feet tall. I LST'd the other one.

The orangy pic is what they looked like at 10 weeks of Veg, the first day under flowering lights. The other two pics were last week(three weeks later). The short one on the rear left hermi'd and was chopped up.

"I've also read threads where people VEG a plant for 4-5 months before flowering. Then produce 3lbs per plant."

Nice pics, only I'm guessing the 3lb yield was done outdoors?.

Nope, Giant bubblers,...

Giant bubblers

sunbiz1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancefish View Post
    Nope, Giant bubblers,...

Giant bubblers

WOW!, very nice set-up you have. What strain did you use back in 07'?.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbiz1 View Post
    WOW!, very nice set-up you have. What strain did you use back in 07'?.
    Not mine! As I said, it's just a thread I read. You'll need to read that thread, and post there for answers.

Mine looks like these as I'm still building and on my first grow:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How long does it take for a weed plant to grow?-morecfl-.jpg   How long does it take for a weed plant to grow?-3-1.jpg   How long does it take for a weed plant to grow?-crop2.jpg  

How long does it take for a weed plant to grow?-day1-oftheroom-2.jpg   How long does it take for a weed plant to grow?-3-weeks-flowering-w-cathys-camera-011.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast