Thread: magnifying glass or microscope

NightProwler is offline Registered+

magnifying glass or microscope

i hear people saying to use both to see the trichomes. but which is right? is a magnifying glass poweful enough? all i have is a magnifying glass. when i look at the tricomes, they look clear but are also very distant, would i still be able to tell color.
    I do not smoke/use/posess marijuana and i never will

Anathema2121 is offline Registered+
    Just go grab a microscope at radio shack ($9.99). Its worth the 10 bucks just for the hours you'll spend stoned looking at couch fabric and your fingernail. Microscopes rule
    All the pics and info I post are directly plagiarized from the Internet cause I'm just a lazy stoner.
    Quote Originally Posted by good ol daze View Post
    For more information about the 80s, the A-Team or crop dusting, consult your local library. Knowing is half the battle.
    Current Bag-seed (and White Rhino) Grow Log *New White Rhino seedlings! All older plants finally sexed* (Updated 11/02/06)
    Bluntology 101: My Blunt Rolling Tutorial
    Bluntology 102: How to Cheat Using A Card

Actually, I just bought one of those Radio Shack hand things for $9.99 a couple weeks ago. The sales lady then said they were being discontiued though.

mattmao is offline Registered+
    try to get a jewellers eye piece well worth the investment

I have that crappy Radio Shack 'microscope', works fine on an immobile object, but I have trouble holding it still enough to use, I use Radio Shack's triple magnifying glass doohickie, if you slide one lens over another, it doubles the power, and works well ...

psycho is offline Registered+

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Anathema2121 View Post
    Just go grab a microscope at radio shack ($9.99). Its worth the 10 bucks just for the hours you'll spend stoned looking at couch fabric and your fingernail. Microscopes rule
    lol u did that too. I even made the cat sit still so I could look at her too

Racerx is offline Registered+
    i just clip a tiny bit of bud/bud leaf off and set it on the table, and use a 30x microscope I got at my local hydroponic shop. A 50x would be even nicer.