Cannabis.com

Thread: reflective room material?

herbaltivo is offline Registered+

reflective room material?

So I have a 3x6 room, all dedicated to veg right now, and I was looking for some input on the importance of reflective material.

I've read of people using mylar (of course), flat white paint, and the one I'm thinking about, emergency blankets.

What are people's thoughts on emergency blankets? Do they burn like aluminum foil? Is white paint enough?

Thanks!

herbaltivo

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Villui is offline Registered+
    it makes the differance, pick up a roll of some thick mylar
    Peace Love

xcrispi is offline Registered+
    emergency blankets are indeed mylar and damn cheap too .
    you can't beat em for 2.00 each .
    peace
    crispi

GrowRebel is offline Registered+

Arrow Now personally I have the Mylar

I don't know if you saw my thread about the poor grower version for mylar, but I did decide to get the 2 mil mylar...
    however a friend told me it checked his area with a light meter and found the flat white paint did a better job at reflecting than the mylar ....
    .... after I paid $26 for 25'. Oh well .... it looks pretty anyway .... so I would say it's up to you .... flat white paint is inexpensive, easy to clean and according to my friend reflects the best. You can get cheap mylar now with the gift wrap going on sale at half price the silver mylar in gift wrap .... I paid $3 full price for 55 sq. ft.

Hope this helps
    Proud FEMALE(in comfortable shoes) marijuana smoker and grower!

MARIJUANA .... God's gift to humanity.

Chronic Chrissy is offline Registered+
    Personally I prefer flat white paint.

madeline is offline Registered+
    Flat white paint is much easier to work with and keep clean. It can even be easier if you use plywood panels and paint them. They not only save you from repainting walls but they're also portible. I bought 2 of the cheapest sheets and had them cut in quarters at the lumber yard, which is perfect for a 4' sq area, then attached hinges so they stand alone w/o support.

Chronic Chrissy is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    Flat white paint is much easier to work with and keep clean. It can even be easier if you use plywood panels and paint them. They not only save you from repainting walls but they're also portible. I bought 2 of the cheapest sheets and had them cut in quarters at the lumber yard, which is perfect for a 4' sq area, then attached hinges so they stand alone w/o support.
    I love your set up that's what I've been working towards doing.

herbaltivo is offline Registered+

Xmas wrap, that's genius.

I'll have to troll the local wall-mart (SIC) to see if they have any left. The last time I was there (looking for pots and soil, of which they had neither) they were working hard to blow out the X-Mas stuff, so we'll see.

Thanks for the input. I'll post what I get, if I can get anything. It'd be funny to line the room with mylar sheets with little christmas trees on them...

Arrow Best to use the silver mylar

Quote Originally Posted by herbaltivo View Post

Thanks for the input. I'll post what I get, if I can get anything. It'd be funny to line the room with mylar sheets with little christmas trees on them...
    I was told it's best to get the plain silver mylar gift wrap .... with nothing on it .... so you get the best reflective results cheap.

divestoned Guest
    it is proven scientifically and recorded in a book by ed rosenthal that flat white paint reflects light best.

kindprincess is offline Registered+
    flat white can reflect up to and over 85% of light...

don't know where i got that from, but it's what i read...

kp
    excerpts from greg green's cannabis grow bible http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-growing/94493-some-information-greg-greens-grow-bible-posted-kp-your-perusal.html

dreamgoddess partial log.... i might update this one day, as this became my #1 mom http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-growing/95283-godbud-x-dreamweaver-seed-clone.html

Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound View Post
    KP YOU GO GIRL!!!

Arrow You're probably right ...

Quote Originally Posted by divestoned View Post
    it is proven scientifically and recorded in a book by ed rosenthal that flat white paint reflects light best.
    A friend of mine used a light meter and found that flat white paint reflects the best ..... but .... mylar is soooo prutty!