Thread: Ummm... Karo Syrup?

Volker is offline Registered+

Ummm... Karo Syrup?

Since I've started bud, I plan on adding molasses to my water once I get to the store. Prolly in a week or so. In the meantime, I have Karo Syrup (high fructose corn syrup) in cupboard.

Is this an acceptable substitute? Same dilution of 1 tablespoon/gallon? Or is it a bad no-no?

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

HiProGlow is offline Registered+
    I've heard it's a giant no-no. I couldn't explain why though, except that I've heard it promotes bacteria. Search the threads and I'm sure you'll get an explanation. Peace.

I found the one thread that mentions Karo, and it said "foam in the resevoir" with anaerobic bacteria. Since I grow in dirt, I don't have a resevoir. Does the same thing apply to dirt? I should mention I have earthworms in the soil, and that my water regularly contains drippings from my "worm farm".

Search engine results seem to indicate that corn syrup (and maple syrup) is a viable alternative to molasses. Since I'm a cheap bastard, and don't wanna pay for anything I don't have to...

...any more input on the subject? Please?

NVM

LOL! I just realized I have some 15-30-15 sitting here as well. No need to go through the hoops over Karo. I'll just feed it food today, and go back to worm tea tomorrow. Bleh! Sometimes I'm just too dense.