Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Careers for stoners?

Oppositional P is offline Registered+

Careers for stoners?

I did a search and found similar threads, but this one has more specific direction (I think). Sorry if it's too similar.....

I've been studying for the ACT recently because working construction is no fun. I intend to go to school as soon as possible, but I'm still a little uncertain about what it is I want to study.

I was wondering what cool careers are available without requiring drug tests. I'm especially interested in science. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

Purple Banana is offline Registered+
    A good amount of schools don't drug test, so if you're thinking of beomcing a teacher, it's all good.
    Hey man, you got a joint?

It'd be a lot cooler if you did...

HeallyRi is offline Registered+
    I am branching off towards the automotive careers... You'd get a piss test when you chop a finger off or lose a leg. But not to just have the job.
    I want to work for Harley Davidson.. be a tech for them, dunno what exactly yet, but I love em' cycles

There's alot, depends mostly on the companies itself. One store might test as another would respect employees privacy of off work lifestyles.
    Last edited by HeallyRi; Apr-22-2007 at 14:27.
    all posts by this user/IP are fictional and should not be taken seriously

HeallyRi

BizzleLuvin is offline Registered+
    don't be a baker. i failedthe drug test when i wanted to work in the Bakery for Giant grocery stores. big companies that have unions and big benefits usually drug test.
    nice girls rock hard
    ''thoughts while exact have words that don't match."
    if you don't get into politics, politics will get into you...rather uncomfortably.- Ralf Nader
    religion is the opiate of the masses-Karl Marx
    cannabinauts dont die, they go up in smoke
    smoke great quantities of great quality
    pensamientos mientras exacto tienen palabras que no emparejan

Oppositional P is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Banana View Post
    A good amount of schools don't drug test, so if you're thinking of beomcing a teacher, it's all good.
    that's one thing I sometimes consider. What about legal records? Would it matter if I've been arrested a couple times?

That's funny, I could of sworn I hear things in the news all the time about so-and-so teacher having previous allegations just being moved to a different school, only to have a repeated episode..
    But thats as being a teacher.. so I can't be certain..
    I'm interested, any one know?

HeallyRi

Gatekeeper777 is offline Registered+
    true story. Back when i went to school we had this one girl who was the punk rocker type mixed with a little goth, BUT she was also the school druggy so to speak, would take anything to get ripped,and she was a slut to boot.
    When my son had his parent teacher conferances at his school for his first grade teacher we walked down the hall and I noticed her standing in the hall. She taught in my sons school. Big deal so she was a party girl and a slut 20 years ago. but what kind of educator are you?
    Why should the public care if you smoke weed. Hell if they taught todays kids they prolly would too.
    As long as your not banging a student(that shit never happened when i went to school,I wish it did i had some hot teachers)
    Just go teach and keep your personal life personal any you should be ok.
    I do not condone the illegal use of any substance. I do not grow marijuana however the posts I place here are for informational purposes only nothing more nothing less.

Most major corporations drug test because they get a cheeper employee insurance rate.
    I do not condone the illegal use of any substance. I do not grow marijuana however the posts I place here are for informational purposes only nothing more nothing less.

rottenPauL is offline Registered+
    you can go to holland and start growing pot for a living
    aint that a science?
    Last edited by rottenPauL; Apr-22-2007 at 15:31.
    Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself, and yourself alone, one question...Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you.
    -don Juan Matus

Purple Banana is offline Registered+
    If I were a company, I wouldn't drug test, but I'd give you preference if you smoked it, cause I'd have that question on the application
    Hey man, you got a joint?

It'd be a lot cooler if you did...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper777 View Post
    Just go teach and keep your personal life personal any you should be ok.
    here in florida, a teacher was fired because a "lewd" photo of her appeared on the internet and a student found it.. it was during an occasion, Bike Week, and she flashed the band performing and received beads. However, her titties got her fired.

HeallyRi

originalblu is offline Registered+
    be an environmental chemist or biologist

Genesis 1:29 - Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you"

+ = + = + + =

how about a florist you allread know how get get wonderful flowers.

sttomassmoker is offline Registered+
    definetly become a master gardener.

timothylearyisdead is offline Registered+
    I've always wanted to work at a nursery to learn how to grow the perfect plants. You know, I just may go along with that. That's what I suggest.

crudemood is offline Registered+
    i am going to be an environmentalist! save animals, save the world!
    its just perfect.. the world needs to be saved.. its totally going down the crapper.
    Picture yourself in a boat on a river
    With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
    Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
    A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green
    Towering over your head
    Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes
    And she's gone

Lucy in the sky with diamonds

The Beatles

You miss a lot when you can’t feel like others can. You can’t relate to or communicate feelings to others if you’re numb.

The Figment is offline Registered+
    Go find out what you love to so much that you would pay someone to let you do it,Go to school and get to be better than anyone else you know at whatever it is that you love to do,Learn more than anyone about that subject to the point that is a passion. The money will follow!

On that note start your own business...you being the boss, wadda gonna do,Test yourself? I think not
    Last edited by The Figment; Apr-22-2007 at 20:00.
    Due to public safety concerns, your rights are now obsolete

timothylearyisdead is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by crudemood View Post
    i am going to be an environmentalist! save animals, save the world!
    its just perfect.. the world needs to be saved.. its totally going down the crapper.
    I see a lot of new jobs in the environmental area popping up soon. That could be the way to go in the future.

NightProwler is offline Registered+
    i want to become a plant person. lol
    I do not smoke/use/posess marijuana and i never will

im going to school to be a molecular biologist..im gonna try to cure diseases and stuff.

i still smoke! it helps me get through these grueling lectures.

dark0ne is offline Registered+
    working in a kitchen is great. all the places i worked at never piss test. cooking is great cause now i have the expirence i can move anyware and get a job. OHHH and some places don't open till 4pm, so stay up, sleep in, smoke, smoke, smoke!

It's kina scientific, mixing all these good things and making somthing GREAT. the only thing is my munchee intake has doubled since i started working at this place.... i can't help it the food is soo good. mmmmmm garlic parmisan chicken tenders..mmmmmm **drool**

ingrade souls condemed for all eternity, sustained by lust a dominering deity.

stinkyattic is offline CultiModerVatorAtor
    Quote Originally Posted by originalblu View Post
    be an environmental chemist
    Yes! Then you can be just like me!

Environmental chemistry is a good field... you can feel all warm and fuzzy about saving the world, and still afford to feed yourself.

Also look into turf grass management... golf course greenskeepers are the biggest bunch of stoners out there, and make reasonable money.

Bree1978 is offline Registered+
    ^smarty pants,

I would suggest anything that interests you, but go into business for yourself (unless you plan on testing yourself, Ha ha!)....take business courses first (which can be usually used in most fields anyways), then when you have found what you want to do most take that....get a grant from the gov, and start you business! Good Luck in whatever you do!

Bree
    Quote Originally Posted by harris7 View Post
    I have a humorous book on Cannabis. One wonderful quote from it:

“When growing cannabis males only take up space once fertilization occurs.
    This shows that mother nature is consistent if nothing else."

Reefer Rogue is offline Registered+
    invent stuff
    PEACE

'Why should one be judged by the colour of their skin, instead of the qualities they show from deep within?' - Peter Tosh

If they dont instantly know what you are talking about just walk away.
    Kraloth:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/recreatio...rger-then.html

Pipe Dreams is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by HeallyRi View Post
    I am branching off towards the automotive careers... You'd get a piss test when you chop a finger off or lose a leg. But not to just have the job.
    I want to work for Harley Davidson.. be a tech for them, dunno what exactly yet, but I love em' cycles

There's alot, depends mostly on the companies itself. One store might test as another would respect employees privacy of off work lifestyles.

I got a friend whos getting a job at porsche, and I have a friend who already works at honda, and I can tell you that they do indeed drugtest to get hired at a place dude. Hell, a guy that i know through the dude that works at honda left out the drain plug when he was changing the oil, and they drug tested him
    People are sad now.

Check out...
    TokingTunes

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES!

Quote Originally Posted by RamblerGambler View Post
    ...He just calmly sat there yakking away, juggling 3 bowls, 3 lighters, and a worthless brain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast