Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Eating Kill your High?

bots84 is offline Registered

Does Eating Kill your High?

When using marijuana in the smoked form, does eating cause you to loose your high?

I've heard having taken too much (moreso in the eaten form) you can drink orange juice to help bring down the high. Just wondering if other foods did that in general or if it's a specific type of food.

BlazinKush is offline Registered+
    Thats a very good question. I would like to know that my self.

vej33 is offline Registered+
    From what I've observed, yea eating does bring your high down a little. That kind of has to do with the munchies, i guess.

That's why I've stopped smoking and then eating. I'll just eat a nice meal, and then smoke.

smok3y is offline Registered+
    Yeah it does bring down the high a wee bit.. Really depends on what ur eating, like fresh orange juice and sugery snacks will bring your high down...
    R.I.P
    David Steele
    "Gone But Never Forgotten"

I know you don't smoke weed, I know this..
    but I'm gonna get you high today..
    'cause it's Friday' you ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do..

FreshNugz is offline Registered+
    yeah for me it does...I do the same and smoke after eating..
    showering while high is odd too...so i smoke after not before that

Quote Originally Posted by FreshNugz View Post
    showering while high is odd too...so i smoke after not before that
    omg really? i don't think a shower can bring down your high, so you could just be saying that you prefer to shower sober... but i effing LOVE showering high..

especially if iv been working out a bunch, b/c then i can just stare at my body and remember what it used to look like, and how it's changed.

the human body is so amazing.

ATrain is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by vej33 View Post
    but i effing LOVE showering high..
    For sure!
    "Oh, when the world ends, we'll be burning one."

- Dave Matthews Band

"Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man."

- Slater, Dazed and Confused (1993)
    GO BUCS GO!!!

jimmy8778 is offline Registered+
    well, i dont think that eating really brings your high down so much as it is moreso that the passage of time doesnt seem so slow so really your just naturally coming off your high and are just consumed with the fact of eating, also i think that when you are done eating your more aware of other sensations your feeling, so the high isnt so much in your head as it was, but i do believe that it slows it some because your body is metabolising the food so some of the energy is spent on the food rather than the weed as well, there are many different explainations.
    when you learn to walk on the planes of existence, you can learn to run on the planet of earth

au revoir

tenajtimmad is offline Banned
    best thing to do is eat a meal before hand cause if you get hungry after you smoke and your peak of the high you will come down more quickly. all depends how much long after you smoke that you eat the munchies i would think.

BTNH-Smokez is offline Registered+
    no.... weed isnt ingested

bots84 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BTNH-Smokez View Post
    no.... weed isnt ingested

...?

Eating at the end of a high is nice for me because it helps bring me down without crashing.
    Sing for the man on the corner, sing for your love of god, sing for your apathy, no matter what you believe.

THClord is offline Registered+
    I think it does bring down your high, but eating high is amazing, so if I smoke before I eat a lot of times. Same goes for showers.
    all posts under this user name are purely for role playing purposes

FreshNugz is offline Registered+
    so you could just be saying that you prefer to shower sober... but i effing LOVE showering high..
    yeah it just kinda weirds me out..dunno. you know in billy madison when they're at one of the graduation parties, and the fat guy friend of billy's is spraying a little kid with a hose..and the kid just sits there and whines no...please...no..i tried to find it on youtube..but hopefully u know that scene. yah, thats what it feels like...just feels weird to shower high imo.

mindflow is offline Registered
    but i effing LOVE showering high..
    hell yeahhhh

beachguy in thongs is offline Registered+
    Time brings down your high, and, eating wastes time.

Backpacker420 is offline Registered+
    Well I can't offer and scientific data, but I can say that eating does not kill my high. In fact, it kind of adds to the high...

Man, I am such a glutten...
    Tune in, turn on and drop out

thecurious1 is offline Registered+
    No one has the exact same body chemistry as someone else so honesty it probably just depends on the person.

I've known plenty of people including myself who "come down" when they eat.

Smoking a menthol cig after green use to make my high seem stronger in college ... but these days cig smoke will bring me down as well.

So I think it just depends.

DAY-DREAMER-MAN is offline Registered+
    i think it does
    WhY DrInK aNd DrIvE WhEn YoU cAn ToKe AnD fLy

TheSmokingMonkey is offline Registered+
    Personal experience: No. But it's like "breaking the seal" when you're at the bar drinking... once you go the first time, you can't seem to stop.

Scientific explanation for potential high-killing (speculative):
    -maybe the fat in the meal helps to metabolize/sequester the THC.
    -I've heard that munchies result from weed-induced hypoglycemia. By remedying the hypoglycemia, you remedy the munchies (sometimes) and maybe lessen other effects as well?
    -blood goes to the stomach for digestion (instead of to the brain, delivering the drug)

That's just a guess.
    But personally, no, I don't think it matters much unless I'm just barely high to begin with. If I'm really baked it doesn't matter if I eat.
    The fools are at the bottom of it all.

Shenanigans is offline Registered+
    I always kind of use eating as a way to bring my high down, like a nice little conclusion to the experience, haha. Everytime I'm chillin with my friends and smoking, we all head inside, make a plate full of sandwiches and out. It always kind of wraps everything up.

kgb420 is offline Registered+
    just eat medicated edibles
    "America; first we fight for our freedom, then we make laws to take it away." - Alfred E. Newman
    Kind Green Buds

Quote Originally Posted by FreshNugz View Post
    yeah it just kinda weirds me out..dunno. you know in billy madison when they're at one of the graduation parties, and the fat guy friend of billy's is spraying a little kid with a hose..and the kid just sits there and whines no...please...no..i tried to find it on youtube..but hopefully u know that scene. yah, thats what it feels like...just feels weird to shower high imo.
    HAHAHAHAHA that happens to be like my favorite part in that movie.... im so sorry you feel that way, but im almost not sorry because it's just so funny to think about lol... standing in a shower with your face to the faucet, just going "no, stop, please shower, stop"

Quote Originally Posted by kgb420 View Post
    just eat medicated edibles
    and dude, one time my best friend up here @ school got a loaf of bread sent to her from one of HER friends back home... the bread was "pot bread", and she tried a few slices, got REALLY high, got the munchies, and then proceeded to eat the rest of the bread because she was hungry...

she reported a fuckin flying high lol
    I mean, if a trooper sees a joint in my hand, and i'm at the wheel of a car, i'm busted... but for some reason, I never get pulled over for eating too many candybars...

melodious fellow is offline Registered+
    yes, food lessens an intoxicant's ability to intoxicate you.

that is why wake n bakes are so great, one has not eaten in 8 hours.

peace
    VOTE DR. RON PAUL

Disclaimer: None of the information posted under this screen name or this IP address is to be taken seriously, nor do the authors advocate any illegal activities, as posts in these forums are for entertainment purposes only.

silkyblue is offline Registered+
    showering while high is odd too

me dont get it

I wuv to get in whilst blazed ~~
    Its not what we have, but what we enjoy, that constitutes our abundance"

"when ya have more than ya think, ya need more space"

"society your a crazy breed"

Legalise Medical Marijuana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast